Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 180
06:35 AM on 10/29/10
Meaning/Nothing
DanceCalvinDance
User Info.
This is one of the best reviews I've ever read, in terms of both legitimate accuracy and writing style. You sir, are a god.
I couldn't have put it better myself. The breakdown in Coward is probably one of the band's best, agreed.
Nice review <3
06:36 AM on 10/29/10
ZoSo1886
www.twitter.com/jamesbenedictnj
User Info.
This is a drop off for me from Still Searching. I didn't listen to LINAWR. But I'm digging this album. "Landslide" is my fave.
06:37 AM on 10/29/10
zachff
deadformat.net/tradelist/zachff
User Info.
Haha did you read what you typed out before you hit submit?
Yep. Still Searching is a good album, whatever their last one was I didn't listen to more than once and Fire did nothing for me when I listened to the stream a few times, so in my opinion their early albums were better.
naw, if you like 17yr old music yeah that's great, their newer stuff is much better.
Well when I started listening to SF I was like 18, so that math probably works.
You want people to own their two worst records? Lol
I find it hard to believe you're saying Let It Enfold You is their worst record, when most longterm fans of the band will name that as their favorite SF album. Depths of Dreams is just personal preference.
06:38 AM on 10/29/10
punkDbass
User Info.
Senses fail has always been one of my favorite bands. I hate when people complain that senses fail haven't "changed their sound at all..." the fact of the matter is, they are still writing honest and genuine music, which is rarely seen in bands today IMO. So many bands are more concerned with jumping in on the latest gimicks/trends of the scene or writing more mainstream music than honest music.

Im not sure The Fire will be my favorite cd by them but one thing I really like about it is the more optimistic views it offers. And the bass playing is sick.

O and by the way, great review!
06:39 AM on 10/29/10
s12sim
pi >> cake
User Info.
solid review. really enjoying this album after not being too fond of their last release
06:51 AM on 10/29/10
randys950
@randys950
User Info.
I like seeing how everyone is enjoying this album! Sales are slumping in music but let's hope this album gives senses fail some positive attention
06:56 AM on 10/29/10
Joe DeAndrea
Radiosurgery
User Info.
I can't believe SS was 4 years ago. Still my favorite from them.
07:00 AM on 10/29/10
Momo32T
User Info.
This album is definitely better than Life Is Not A Waiting Room. I think I have to let this album marinate more in my head to see if its better than Still Searching. It's close enough that its worth a debate.

Drew, I think your review is pretty spot on with everything I personally feel about this album. You would think based off your words that it would have a better overall rating (which is why I agree with Jason, it should be removed in the future).

One important thing about this album is that it may be better received because their heavier songs are better than the ones of the past. "New Year's Eve", "Coward" and "Lifeboats" show how the quality of Buddy's screaming has improved and his general angry lyrics sound a little more jusitified here.

The one thing I will say about this album is that their poppier or cleaner songs on this album are worse than the ones of the past. Maybe because its been done before, I feel these kind of songs sound better on Still Searching.
07:01 AM on 10/29/10
leafsacc
User Info.
This is a tremendous review. Couldn't agree more with most of your points. I love the way the album transitions from heavy to melodic, often within the same song. The way they've been able to do that is a big improvement from their first few records.

Also, just saw them last week, their live show has come a long way
07:08 AM on 10/29/10
johnnyferris
Inside of your heart always
User Info.
Great review Drew. i can't to pick this up along with the DVD once I get money
07:10 AM on 10/29/10
rickbarrera
User Info.
Lifeboats!!!!! Really really loved that song
07:13 AM on 10/29/10
FortheLP
User Info.
Yep. Still Searching is a good album, whatever their last one was I didn't listen to more than once and Fire did nothing for me when I listened to the stream a few times, so in my opinion their early albums were better.

I find it hard to believe you're saying Let It Enfold You is their worst record, when most longterm fans of the band will name that as their favorite SF album. Depths of Dreams is just personal preference.

I bought from the depths of dreams 2 weeks after it came out, so I would call myself a longterm fan. That being said, Still Searching is a hundred times better than let it enfold you.
07:13 AM on 10/29/10
xdrummerxdudex
i am a legend
User Info.
funny that i've been listening to senses fail since 13 and now i'm 22 hahaha i feel old
07:14 AM on 10/29/10
DontCare
Guide Yourself
User Info.

I can respect a person's opinion. I listened to Let It Enfold You when it came out years ago but in my opinion it was catchy and decent for that time. Their music, both musically and lyrically, changed so much from that record to Still Searching in such a positive way that they not only garnered great reviews but also increased their fan base. Had they stayed with writing LIEY over again they would have became another generic band. I'm not out to change your mind however I urge you to open your mind one more time, throw the three records after Let It Enfold You on, close your eyes and listen to the music again. You can hear and feel the intensity increase with each album.
07:18 AM on 10/29/10
hardpill
Get Well Incentive
User Info.
I prefer the first two albums from the bands line-up mostly for nostalgia reasons, but The Fire was good. Headed West was my favorite track from the album.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos