AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 180
08:23 AM on 10/29/10
lilRIPsta
User Info.
They are definately a band that has found their niche and improved since their debut tremendously despite not having that much talent.
08:25 AM on 10/29/10
guill89
The Proud, The Loud, The Many
User Info.
Such a great album.. but I'm liking Life's more... I'm betting I'll be the only one
08:26 AM on 10/29/10
ZachCTC
Accept the pain, always forgive.
User Info.
I bought from the depths of dreams 2 weeks after it came out, so I would call myself a longterm fan. That being said, Still Searching is a hundred times better than let it enfold you.
I bought From the Depths of Dreams during the same week the Drive-Thru Records Volume 1 DVD came out...man I feel old haha. Nostalgia ftw
08:28 AM on 10/29/10
aradiantsunrise
i get what i want
User Info.
I bought from the depths of dreams 2 weeks after it came out, so I would call myself a longterm fan. That being said, Still Searching is a hundred times better than let it enfold you.

This.
08:40 AM on 10/29/10
COREhorizon
Scrote Season
User Info.
Love it. I probably would have given it an even higher score.
08:48 AM on 10/29/10
richardliesse
absolutely
User Info.
I remember Still Searching...I rememeber loving it to death
I'm stoked to hear this, I've always liked these guys and how they do things.

And fuck me for missing them with Bayside, Balance and Composure, and Title Fight. >:(
08:49 AM on 10/29/10
Avalanche1
Keep running, keep shining on
User Info.
Nice review. I am really loving this album and I'm a fan of all of the releases they've put out.
08:54 AM on 10/29/10
therookielot
the shape of punk just came
User Info.
This band is one of the only bands still holding the dismantling scene together.
08:54 AM on 10/29/10
Meeze
PunkOut.org
User Info.
this sums up Senses Fail:

Quote:
The most impressive thing about Senses Fail is that, nearly 10 years into the game, they are still writing honest and genuine rock music without succumbing to the gimmicks other “rock” bands place in their music.

The Fire is one of their 2 best albums. I love it.
Great review, Drew!
08:59 AM on 10/29/10
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
Yep. Still Searching is a good album, whatever their last one was I didn't listen to more than once and Fire did nothing for me when I listened to the stream a few times, so in my opinion their early albums were better.

Well when I started listening to SF I was like 18, so that math probably works.

I find it hard to believe you're saying Let It Enfold You is their worst record, when most longterm fans of the band will name that as their favorite SF album. Depths of Dreams is just personal preference.
LIEY is their worst record. I enjoy it, as does many other SF fans. But you're speaking from a subjective point of view, you have nostalgia attached to LIEY, which is why it's your favorite. But musically, lyrically, and vocally, it's their worst, and it is not the album I would recommend to anyone getting into this band. Their best two records are Still Searching and The Fire.
09:06 AM on 10/29/10
FortheLP
User Info.
LIEY is their worst record. I enjoy it, as does many other SF fans. But you're speaking from a subjective point of view, you have nostalgia attached to LIEY, which is why it's your favorite. But musically, lyrically, and vocally, it's their worst, and it is not the album I would recommend to anyone getting into this band. Their best two records are Still Searching and The Fire.
Well said, Drew. Loved the review
09:08 AM on 10/29/10
DylanPPPP
Hey, are you a dreamer?
User Info.
This album is definitely better than Life Is Not A Waiting Room. I think I have to let this album marinate more in my head to see if its better than Still Searching. It's close enough that its worth a debate.

Drew, I think your review is pretty spot on with everything I personally feel about this album. You would think based off your words that it would have a better overall rating (which is why I agree with Jason, it should be removed in the future).

One important thing about this album is that it may be better received because their heavier songs are better than the ones of the past. "New Year's Eve", "Coward" and "Lifeboats" show how the quality of Buddy's screaming has improved and his general angry lyrics sound a little more jusitified here.

The one thing I will say about this album is that their poppier or cleaner songs on this album are worse than the ones of the past. Maybe because its been done before, I feel these kind of songs sound better on Still Searching.
I've always liked Senses Fail's heavier stuff the most (even though the Priest and the Matador will always be my all time favorite) so I gave those three songs a listen first and I will say that they are probably the best "heavy" songs they've ever created. Not taking away from songs like Still Searching or Shark Attack, it's just the transition from sing to scream that Buddy does in these new songs that are really well done. Rediscovering my love for them as Still Searching was one of my few CD's I actually bought in the store (iTunes is a wonderful thing). and so is pirated music
09:15 AM on 10/29/10
rushour144
User Info.
naw, if you like 17yr old music yeah that's great, their newer stuff is much better.
I somewhat disagree with you! I also disagree with the guy you replied about. I am 22 and think Let it Enfold You is great album. Every album has been good, EXCEPT for LINAWR (you can even ask Buddy how "good" that record was, haha). But to say that only teens like LIEY is a vast understatement. Most teens were too young to know who Senses Fail was when those albums came out. I think I was like 14 or 15 when LIEY came out, and the impact it had on me is something not to be forgotten.
09:15 AM on 10/29/10
rushour144
User Info.
This is by far their best album yet!
09:16 AM on 10/29/10
Heroin Robot
User Info.
If you own one Senses Fail album, it should be Let It Enfold You.
If you want to buy another one, buy From the Depths of Dreams.

After that, they're all about the same.
are you in middle school?

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests