Username
Password
Alt Press News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Alt Press
Inside AP.net

Show Review: The AP Tour

Posted by: Matthew Tsai (11/03/10)
A show review of the Los Angeles, CA stop of the AP Tour featuring This Is Hell, Polar Bear Club, Emarosa, August Burn Red, and Bring Me the Horizon can be read here.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 18
02:16 AM on 11/03/10
Heroin Robot
User Info.
Shitty review. "This band effortlessly showed why they are hands down the best band doing generic metalcore today." nice opening..not

Looks like the wrong person was chosen to review.
04:40 AM on 11/03/10
Akissforher
City Love
User Info.
Shitty review. "This band effortlessly showed why they are hands down the best band doing generic metalcore today." nice opening..not

this. everyone was bad apparantly. but with good value.
05:47 AM on 11/03/10
Spartan789013
I should be proper for a change
User Info.

cough. subjective. cough.
05:52 AM on 11/03/10
Spartan789013
I should be proper for a change
User Info.
I don't know if you read the bottom or not or just the first sentence of every set, but it came out with a 4 out of 5 review and he would recommend the show.
08:47 AM on 11/03/10
Dm!tr! the !st
need new username.
User Info.
Quote:
Side note: one of the highlights of the night was two businessmen who looked about 50 and had probably just gotten off work since they were still in work clothes. They stood in the back, bobbing their heads and mouthing the lyrics to every Bring Me the Horizon song. They say the best music has fans of all ages, but I don’t know about this case…

That made my morning haha. But I went to the tour and i agree with most of his points except emarosa. chicago was energetic for all the bands. and the thing he said about the newer btmh songs is really true. They played "it never ends" & "Crucify Me" and the crowd gets divided.
09:56 AM on 11/03/10
icynova
Love is easier made than kept!
User Info.
Eh, I hope I'm still going to shows when I'm 50.
10:22 AM on 11/03/10
Matthew Tsai
Born and raised
User Info.

Was it shitty because you didn't like the style of writing or because you wanted ABR to get more praise? I didn't say a negative thing about them in the review, but they're "generic" because there a lot of bands doing a similar sound. No biggie because they're the best of them haha.

Haha did you just read the Emarosa and BMTH sections?

I don't know if you read the bottom or not or just the first sentence of every set, but it came out with a 4 out of 5 review and he would recommend the show.

Thanks for actually reading the review
12:20 PM on 11/03/10
a nocturnal day
this ain't a game
User Info.
A bit short but cool none the less. This review makes me want to check out This Is Hell....
12:41 PM on 11/03/10
Nick Le
Yeezy taught me.
User Info.
I love August Burns Red, but I laughed quite a bit at that generic metalcore statement. I went to the San Diego show. Mostly for This Is Hell since I hadn't seen them before, Polar Bear Club who always put on a good set, and August Burns Red who is just incredibly good live. I was so pumped when they started playing Indonesia, happy with their selection of songs, but I kind of wish they played at least one from Thrill Seeker.

I like BMTH's latest album and enjoyed their set quite a bit. Oli's voice seemed pretty shot, but the crowd was way into it and he had excellent stage presence. Don't like Emarosa, but Jonny started out and ended the set the same exact way you described it. I wasn't too into their set save for Set It Off Like Napalm.
01:47 PM on 11/03/10
popsicill
creamy
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Did we go to the same tour? A few days before in Pomona Oli was either bored and tired or really high. He was so dead. Everyone else was alright.
02:00 PM on 11/03/10
Matthew Tsai
Born and raised
User Info.
Did we go to the same tour? A few days before in Pomona Oli was either bored and tired or really high. He was so dead. Everyone else was alright.
He was definitely very bouncy at the LA date
02:10 PM on 11/03/10
Akissforher
City Love
User Info.

Yeah i realise my post was a bit hasty.
02:11 PM on 11/03/10
Akissforher
City Love
User Info.

Haha maybe. Dont get me wrong im not saying your review is bad in any way. I enjoyed it.
03:21 PM on 11/03/10
Heroin Robot
User Info.
Was it shitty because you didn't like the style of writing or because you wanted ABR to get more praise? I didn't say a negative thing about them in the review, but they're "generic" because there a lot of bands doing a similar sound. No biggie because they're the best of them haha.

Thanks for actually reading the review
eh I did read it. Sorry if my post was a bit offensive it was late when I said it. but you still don't come off as the right person to review it. and nah ABR gets a ton of praise as it is.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests