Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 5 posts.
11:40 AM on 11/03/10
Gregory Robson
Under Rug Swept
User Info.
Good review! Quick fix -

Is there also a reason for the line breaks in certain parts of the review?

Otherwise, again, good review!
Its not intentional. I'm using TextWrap and it screws with things. Thanks for the copyediting. Much obliged.
12:07 PM on 11/03/10
Gregory Robson
Under Rug Swept
User Info.
This line feels weird too, in an otherwise good review.
Um. The lyrics are pretty banal and childish. But it's just an attempt at a love song. Its not dressed up with imagery and dancing around themes and ideas. Its just plain and simple, which I guess is all this band really is. Does that make any sense? Yeah, I worded it wrong, but not every sentence is perfection. Sorry I wasn't on my A game.
04:51 AM on 11/04/10
Gregory Robson
Under Rug Swept
User Info.
That's a pretty horrible album cover!

Greg, have you heard Pete Yorn's latest album? I know you're a Yorn fan and I thought you would have done a review.
I think its total shit. I've given up on Pete Yorn.
11:28 AM on 11/04/10
Gregory Robson
Under Rug Swept
User Info.
Y'ouch! Is is really that bad? I haven't heard it myself. I was waiting for a review of it by you before I decide to purchase it. You're on the mark and I usually agree with your reviews.

That said, I won't give up on Pete Yorn. I still love his first two full-lengths.
Its just garagey, and loud and him trying to be something he's not. Black Francis apparently produced it, if that means anything to you. I don't know about Day I Forgot, that puppy made me pissy. But musicforthemorningafter is a must-own. I personally love Nightcrawler, but he hasn't done anything good since then. The ScarJo duet disc was pretty good, I guess. Anyways, I maintain he's a washed up bum (although he's not even 40) But my point is, not a lot of quality lately, dude better turn it around in a hurry.
Options
More From This Author

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS