Username
Password
Mae News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Mae
Inside AP.net

Sky's the Limit Album Now Available

Posted by: Matthew Tsai (11/05/10)
Dave of Mae's previous band, Sky's the Limit, have released an album. More information, as well as how to purchase the album, can be found here.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 15.
10:52 PM on 11/05/10
Nick Le
Yeezy taught me.
User Info.
Awesome. Can't wait to check this out.
12:24 AM on 11/06/10
awakeohsleeper
We never met, you and I
User Info.
Has anyone heard this before? Is it worth checking out?
01:18 AM on 11/06/10
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
User Info.
It's kinda weird to say they released an album when it's an older album that was released years and years ago. Regardless, I still have never listened to it and there are two tracks that ended up as Mae songs
02:54 AM on 11/06/10
thesollopsist
Up all night, and down all day
User Info.
Will be listening.
03:43 AM on 11/06/10
raketen2113
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
It's kinda weird to say they released an album when it's an older album that was released years and years ago. Regardless, I still have never listened to it and there are two tracks that ended up as Mae songs
I think it was never released before? At least Dave stated it's widely available for the first time.
Are the songs Skyline Drive and Tisbury Lane?
Edit: I see Tisbury Lane isn't even on this cd, while I've read somewhere that it was written for Sky's the Limit. I guess you mean 12.31.99 (Us vs. Them), however this was never released in Mae--the guitar riff was reused in Suspension though.
03:44 AM on 11/06/10
raketen2113
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I'd say. Like a more unpolished Mae.
05:53 AM on 11/06/10
Rid Ickulous
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

I remember that a bunch of friends who later ended up being Mae fans pimped this band like mad in 03ish... I barely remember the songs, but I'd say they were as you'd expect, a more youthful version and a bit less developed.
08:27 AM on 11/06/10
uglystar03
User Info.
I bought it. I thought I had $8 credit on amazon, but $3 of my credit disappeared. Dang.
09:32 AM on 11/06/10
mattjaikaran
MattJK
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Awesome. Can't wait to check this out.
i downloaded something like this a couple years ago. it was called the neverending sessions. and there are some songs they tweaked and put on destination beautiful.
11:15 AM on 11/06/10
CaryGrant
The Romantic Egoist
User Info.
I bought Sky's the Limit's CD from their old label--they hadn't released anything in like 7 years but I was able to right through their mailorder system. It's actually really good, it just sounds like young Mae.
I can send it if anyone wants it. There's this track that's just the bridge riff from "Suspension" over and over. Love it when I see bands reuse stuff.
11:23 AM on 11/06/10
Nick Le
Yeezy taught me.
User Info.
I bought it. I thought I had $8 credit on amazon, but $3 of my credit disappeared. Dang.
My $3 disappeared too .

I bought Sky's the Limit's CD from their old label--they hadn't released anything in like 7 years but I was able to right through their mailorder system. It's actually really good, it just sounds like young Mae.
I can send it if anyone wants it. There's this track that's just the bridge riff from "Suspension" over and over. Love it when I see bands reuse stuff.

I believe what you are talking about the same album that this news post is about, haha. Dave talks about reusing that riff for Suspension at the link, lol.
11:43 AM on 11/06/10
Junction183
User Info.
check it out, it's very good. Kind of poor quality, but I got past that. It has an original version of "Skyline Drive"
02:31 PM on 11/06/10
whispered east
ThisGlassEmbrace.bandcamp .com
User Info.
i downloaded something like this a couple years ago. it was called the neverending sessions. and there are some songs they tweaked and put on destination beautiful.
You're right... i ordered this CD from the band back when they were still a thing and it was called "neverending sessions" then.

super psyched it's available for all now, though. it is definitely worth checking out.
02:36 PM on 11/06/10
246toothpicks
User Info.
You're right... i ordered this CD from the band back when they were still a thing and it was called "neverending sessions" then.

super psyched it's available for all now, though. it is definitely worth checking out.
Yeah me too, it had a cover but I got a burned cd. Pretty good album
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums