AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
AP.net Related News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
AP.net Related
Inside AP.net

Absolute Industry: Graham Williams (Transmission...

Posted by: Adam Pfleider (11/11/10)
This past weekend I attended Austin's annual Fun Fun Fun Fest. The festival is put on by Transmission Entertainment. The booking agent behind TE: Graham Williams. Williams took some time to sit down and talk about his job and where he sees the touring and show scene going from his earlier roots. Is the market overly saturated with bands? Are local communities the way to go right now? How many shows can the general public afford a month, let alone in a week? Is touring the only way for bands to make money due to illegal downloading? Most important, is it the ultimate test to see if a band can and will make it? Hit the replies and last have an after class discussion.

Displaying posts 1 - 3 of 3
08:23 PM on 11/11/10
Cameronisonfire
I want my toast with butter and jam
User Info.
Good read.
10:24 PM on 11/11/10
slamon
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Graham has done some amazing things for the Austin music scene. Unfortunately I don't make it out to many Transmission Entertainment Events. I typically end up at Emos or Stubbs more often than not, but over the last year I have seen a tremendous upgrade in the quality of bands they are bringing to Austin and was fortunate to finally check out Fun Fun Fun Fest for the first time this year, even if it was only for the pre-party with Weird Al and Chris Hardwick. I do really like the concept of the new East Side Drive-In and will hopefully make it out to the Big Boi show there in a few weeks to check it out.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests