AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Interview: Broadside - 11.11.10

Broadside - 11.11.10

Interviewed by
Broadside - 11.11.10If you don't know Broadside, get to know them now. Although they're brand new, their sound is damn good for a band with only a handful of shows under their belt and they have the backing of peers like I Call Fives, Handguns, Bright and Early, and more. They will be the next pop-punk band that will have stage dives, dog piles, and tons of sing-alongs as part of their show.

1. State your name and role in the band.
Bryant - Singer /Jade - Guitar / Kyle - Guitar / Josh - Bass / Andrew - Drums

2. Quick history of the band?
Jade and I (Andrew) started the band after leaving our previous band. It took us almost a year to find the right combination of guys we felt close enough with to start Broadside. Once we found Kyle, Josh, and Bryant, we went straight into the studio to record and booked our first DIY tour.

3. How has your time in Safety Word Orange helped shape Broadside?
With Jade and I being in Safety Word Orange it gave us the realization of what it takes to be in a serious and dedicated band. It also showed us what it can be like living on the road and putting everything you have into your band.

4. What do you believe separates Broadside from the rest of the pop-punk bands right now?
I think that we really believe in what we do and worked hard for what we have achieved. Nothing was handed to us and we have devoted so much of our lives to making this band work. As far as sound, I think we have a good balance between our aggressive music with clean vocals so its not over the top or one particular style of pop punk.

5. When are you guys recording? Can you spare details?
We are heading into the studio this December with Jason Sowers to do an EP. We are planning to have it out around early 2011.

6. Although you've only had a few shows, it seems like you guys have a growing fan base in your area. What do you attribute to this attention?
The shows that we have done already have been amazing. We couldn't have asked for a better reaction. I think it's just because we really work hard to meet people and promote the shows.

7. Any touring plans?
After we finish recording our EP, we plan on heading out on the road as much as possible. We can't wait to get back out there and see everyone.

8. Who should people be listening to right now?
I feel like pop punk is in full effect right now with band likes I Call Fives, Handguns, Bright and Early, A Face For Radio, In Courage, The Wonder Years, Fireworks, Such Gold, etc. It's amazing to see so many bands with heart and dedication. There should be more of that.

9. Links?
You can find us at www.myspace.com/broadsideva, www.twitter.com/broadsideva, or www.purevolume.com/broadsideva.

10. Any last words?
Thanks to everyone who has helped us come this far. We love everyone we meet and we look forward to seeing you/meeting new people on the road in the new year! Thanks for reading this.

Displaying posts 1 - 7 of 7
08:42 AM on 11/12/10
JayBee420
Bright and Early
User Info.
What the fuck is Bright and Early? I want that purple B.
10:24 AM on 11/12/10
fightoffyrdmns
just wants to get a base.
User Info.
So weird to see this band on here. I know the singer of this band from around the scene. Crazy. I've been to a few shows where they were on the bill but never checked em out, might have to do so next time.
01:22 PM on 11/12/10
ksofrhi
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Check them out at A Loss For Words, Lions Lions, Such Gold, and In Courage Friday, December 3rd at The Canal Club. Tickets are $10 advance from them, In Courage, or online or 12 at the door. Stage dives, pile-ons, and cieling crawling are welcome.

Check out the flyer here:

03:42 PM on 11/12/10
Drums4life97
mattwelsh
User Info.
Legit dudes in this band, that part was left out.
04:41 PM on 11/12/10
danielakabigd
User Info.
yeah these guys are legit. saw them play with The Ataris this past Wednesday and they tore it up.

they'll get a good following once they hit the road more, so be on the lookout. vocals and sound are very clean live and sound just like the demo songs they have up on their myspace/purevolume...not to mention they're just all around cool dudes
09:12 AM on 11/13/10
ConcertFreak
Bandit
User Info.
Had the pleasure to see them once and plus a song. Cannot wait for the Loss of Words show in December they're playing in Richmond. Happy to see they are already getting recognition.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos