Password

Album Review
A Day To Remember - What Separates Me From You Album Cover

A Day To Remember - What Separates Me From You

Reviewed by
A Day To Remember What Separates Me From You
Record Label: Victory
Release Date: November 16, 2010
This review is a user submitted review from roche. You can see all of roche's submitted reviews here.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 25
12:50 AM on 11/21/10
pth231
User Info.
Great review.
01:39 AM on 11/21/10
rockandsemo
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
indeed a great review
02:45 AM on 11/21/10
ImInTheCrapper
> beatles
User Info.
album sucks, not that my expectations were high...
04:38 AM on 11/21/10
kyle892
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I love this cd (most tracks), but i will admit, reminds me a lot of homesick except for a few songs. but its that element they took from homesick i like. i will say though, great review, i like the ones that actually express their opinion well and not just douche troll. P.S. been listening to them since "And Their Name Was Treason" so im not one of the people who heard downfall of us all and loved it (thought it was one of their more poorly written tracks)
07:39 AM on 11/21/10
BLESS THE FAZ
IS THAT A FAT JOKE?
User Info.
i feel that homesick had a better blend of hardcore and pop punk; WSMFY is a good album but i felt that they went more pop punk
08:03 AM on 11/21/10
sweepthenation
Vickadelphia
User Info.
Perfect score
08:08 AM on 11/21/10
brandon_260
Ah, yes.
User Info.
I feel the album is still really good, just doesn't have the initial feeling Homesick gave off
08:37 AM on 11/21/10
CBKRP
Registered Member
User Info.
I don't get this whole "the first second half is way better then the first half of the record" theme you chose for this review. The record is of a consistent quality in its short 10 song format and ALL I WANT is hands down the best song in my opinion. Does anyone know if this is ADTR's last record in their Victory contract? I have been thinking that how short and kind of rushed this record kinda feels might have to do with them saving some things for their inevitable big Major Label debut.
08:57 AM on 11/21/10
thehulkamania
nwo 4 life.
User Info.
I heard one of my friends ask if Simple Plan wrote this album for them. I thought that was pretty funny.
09:39 AM on 11/21/10
UnderclasHero
So long live us
User Info.
Pretty good review. I agree that All I want, & This is the house.. were prob the worst ones on there. But All Signs Point To Lauderdale was prob the best. Either that or 2nd Sucks. Homesick def kicked ass. Better than this
11:15 AM on 11/21/10
suicidalmoose
Lindsay let me kiss your forehead!
User Info.
good review, you've explained your arguements very well.

I agree on most aspects you focused. The record is far from being artistic, and they seem to have chosen a safer approach than trying to explore new ways. the lyrics are also pretty generic, and lack creativty comparing to Homesick. and yet, I think the album is pretty good.
I also agree that the second part is better than the first, except from All I Want, which is my 3rd favourite song. but then again, the overall sound is pretty solid, really catchy and some songs like All sings point to Lauderdale and I'll be tails... are some of the best song's they've ever written. and the first half isn't as bad as you've written! and generally, the album is a pretty good listen (too bad it's so short).
12:57 PM on 11/21/10
cubsml34
A Class 3 KILLSTORM
User Info.
My thoughts exactly. Great job
02:05 PM on 11/21/10
Coverbydesign
User Info.
wow first review I have seen for this cd and its not a dick suck adtr review.. the rest of the review I have read make it seem like they made a drop dead amazing album. But really there are a handful of tracks on the cd I skip
05:23 PM on 11/21/10
Korben Dallas
Mustard. I'm Mustard, baby.
User Info.
I realize you're kind of forced to apply the standard review categories to this album, but realistically, decking an ADTR album's score due to lyrical depth is pretty meaningless. I don't think anyone expected anything "deep" from this album, considering a breakdown on their last one started with "DISRESPECT YOUR SURROUNDINGS."

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos