AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Rx Bandits News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Rx Bandits Vinyl Pre-order

Posted by - 01:20 PM on 11/12/10
Rx Bandits' Progress is available for pre-order on limited vinyl from Enjoy the Ride Records. The label will also be issuing The Staring Line's With Hopes of Starting Over and Make Yourself at Home EPs on separate 10"s in the near future. Details are expected soon.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 70
01:21 PM on 11/12/10
sjb2k1
6-5, still in it baby!
User Info.
staring line!

also, will be buying both those 10"
01:22 PM on 11/12/10
duhpunk
i get my energy from my inner G
User Info.
will buy both, but was hoping for BOATS
01:23 PM on 11/12/10
topsecret
User Info.
will buy both, but was hoping for BOATS
well, that was pretty dumb to hope for since they said it was drive-thru releases & tsl was long gone by the time boats came out.
01:32 PM on 11/12/10
duhpunk
User Info.
well, that was pretty dumb to hope for since they said it was drive-thru releases & tsl was long gone by the time boats came out.
it was released by Drive-Thru/Geffen.
01:35 PM on 11/12/10
a3s1g1
User Info.
I love the Staring Line!
01:36 PM on 11/12/10
TheRxBandit
nope.avi
User Info.
Also, if you buy this, but want to actually support the band, you should buy one of their songs on itunes or buy something from their webstore. Drive-thru blows.
01:37 PM on 11/12/10
Malroy
User Info.
Stooooked on MYAH ep.
01:37 PM on 11/12/10
topsecret
User Info.
it was released by Drive-Thru/Geffen.
anything released by geffen wasn't licensed with this deal. geffen owns any album that was upstreamed. the only dtr tsl releases were the eps & say it like you mean it. geffen might have even taken control of say it like you mean it. dtr already released the vinyl for that though.
01:39 PM on 11/12/10
kidinthebushes
User Info.
Tsl Vinyl! Woooo Hoooo!
01:40 PM on 11/12/10
duhpunk
User Info.
anything released by geffen wasn't licensed with this deal. geffen owns any album that was upstreamed. the only dtr tsl releases were the eps & say it like you mean it. geffen might have even taken control of say it like you mean it. dtr already released the vinyl for that though.
i'm well aware of the situation. it would have been a bit trickier dealing with Geffen, yes, but since they were still considered, in some ways, a drive-thru band at the time, i was just hoping. no sense arguing for the sake of arguing.
01:42 PM on 11/12/10
duhpunk
User Info.
Exactly. Fuck DTR. They aren't giving one dime to the Bandits for this release and I imagine that TSL won't get much more than that. Buy directly from iTunes or from mdbrecords.com

Don't support the shittiest, most selfish label out there. If you're a true RXB supporter, you won't buy this bullshit vinyl.*

*Addendum: or if you do, you should buy something of equal value from the Bandits.
Drive-Thru has already been paid for the licensing regardless. What you are saying makes no sense. You should want to support a company (Enjoy the Ride) that likes the band enough to have wanted to release their album anyways. It's not their fault that DTR isn't paying the band, and they did try to contact them and their manager, and got no response.
01:43 PM on 11/12/10
topsecret
User Info.
i'm well aware of the situation. it would have been a bit trickier dealing with Geffen, yes, but since they were still considered, in some ways, a drive-thru band at the time, i was just hoping. no sense arguing for the sake of arguing.
you're wrong. once the band gets picked up they are no longer a drive-thru band. drive-thru has nothing to do with them except making a percentage of albums sold. drive-thru didn't have the authority to do anything for the geffen releases. some bands let drive-thru sell merch on their web store even after they were upstreamed, but it wasn't always a gimme & a lot of bands declined to do so.
01:49 PM on 11/12/10
InvisibleImage
User Info.
Rx <3 the best band ever.
01:58 PM on 11/12/10
ari telescope
kitties
User Info.
Should probably mention in the new post that these amazing bands are getting jack shit from the sales of these. I think they should be boycotted, DTR needs to stop.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos