AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review

The 12 Stones - The Only Easy Day Was... Album Cover

The 12 Stones - The Only Easy Day Was...

Reviewed by
12 Stones - The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday
Record Label: Wind-Up Records
Release Date: July 20, 2010
Who?

12 Stones is grunge band from the New Orleans area that has been making music together for a decade now, mainly in the Christian music industry. The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday was supposed to be 12 Stones fourth full-length, but after their lead single “We Are One” was leaked to radio, the band decided to release an EP instead with “We Are One” its leading single. This decision to make an EP even though they had a full-lengths worth recorded still hasn’t been explained.

How is it?

The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday isn’t anything new. It’s basically five songs that sound exactly like their mainstream counterparts Creed, Seether, Foo Fighters, Papa Roach, etc. There’s nothing here to distinguish 12 Stones from anything else on the radio. That being said, if post-grunge is your cup of tea, this might be worth a pick up.

The only redeeming quality would be the positive message in the music. In a genre that’s generally full of angst, 12 Stones keeps it mainly encouraging. Paul McCoy’s voice is rather pleasant to listen to, which, INHO, isn’t commonplace in this genre. Everything else about this band is, simply put, generic.

Recommended If You Likegrunge/rock; Papa Roach; Hey You, I Love Your Soul-era Skillet; anything featured on professional wrestling
This review is a user submitted review from dangerofthought. You can see all of dangerofthought's submitted reviews here.

Displaying posts 1 - 3 of 3
11:40 PM on 11/28/10
Jamos4184
www.facebook.com/attalusmusic
User Info.
"Cause I'm broooooooooooken, I know I need you now!"

Haha, man, I loved these guys when I was in high school. Saw them live, and while they were good, the lead singer made some comments that just.......I don't know, basically turned me off to this band all-together.
09:39 AM on 03/21/11
melgosa41
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I always forget about these guys.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT