CarouselBoy
Not everything, not yet
User Info.
i've been waiting for this day since al gore invented the internet
09:29 PM on 11/16/10
xrider105
This is closure once and for all!
User Info.
Why didn't you just buy the albums? It's like the same price as legal downloading and you get a physical copy.

This.

I have the vinyls and bought the remastered stereo box set for my collection. I ripped the remastered set to my iTunes when I bought it.

So, not only do I already have this on my iTunes, but it's HIGH QUALITY and DRM-FREE!
10:31 PM on 11/16/10
longstoryshort
You'll be smitten
User Info.
How was this in any way made to be a "HUGE" announcement? It was put up on the Apple site a day before the news released and there were several Beatles references in the title. There was no month long countdown, no viral videos, no 10 second backward song clips each day, etc. I thought it was pretty obvious and was not let down in any way since there was no ridiculous build up or secret messages. Just a cool way to let everyone know that the Beatles are finally on Itunes (which IS in fact a HUGE deal to many people who have never heard of this site). Relax.
10:43 PM on 11/16/10
longstoryshort
You'll be smitten
User Info.
The Beatles totally sold out today.
Well at least they can take comfort in knowing that they lasted longer than any other band ever mentioned on this site!
10:48 PM on 11/16/10
longstoryshort
You'll be smitten
User Info.
This.

I have the vinyls and bought the remastered stereo box set for my collection. I ripped the remastered set to my iTunes when I bought it.

So, not only do I already have this on my iTunes, but it's HIGH QUALITY and DRM-FREE!
Well these are also HIGH QUALITY and DRM FREE, thus the $1.29 price.
08:09 AM on 11/17/10
deFobbed14yrs
Legal Drug Dealer
User Info.
This.

woooot
08:45 AM on 11/17/10
screamoURI
it feels like summer in october
User Info.
Umm, see it's that kind of crap that makes me angry...

"a fan of rock music at all"

guess what, music is subjective, i listen to mostly all rock, and guess what, i don't like the beatles!

So that means i don't like rock at all now?

That's the most retarded kind of attitude to have towards being a music "fan"

you don't have to like them, but iif you don't appreciate history then you're ignorant. case closed.
05:51 PM on 11/17/10
BaysideFan88
User Info.
I am sorry, but when did I say that anybody ignored a medium? Perhaps you extrapolated it from my claim about the next generation being more familiar/comfortable with digital music, but that isn't at all what I was implying. Clearly, the music was readily available. You could buy individual albums, box sets, etc. That isn't an issue. But, I think it is fair to say (due to the albums dominating iTunes charts today) that there was demand for their music in this form. And if the trend amongst younger consumers is moving away from physical albums, which I believe is a well documented trend, this was a large deal for Apple and the continued dominance of The Beatles in modern music.

I should point out that for the longest time, the only medium being "ignored" by The Beatles was digital and NOT CDs. That has been rectified.

I am sorry if I did not make my point clearer before. But the fact is that by having them available in CD form only, they were not reaching the entire consuming base. That is a fact. In order to fully have your music available to the widest possible audience, you need to have no restrictions on how the consumer can reach that product. It would be akin to having the albums only be sold in Wal-Marts or something. Certainly, every one that wanted a copy could simply go to a Wal-Mart and buy one, but the sales would be greater had it also been available at Target, Best Buy, etc.

Again, my point has been to argue the claim that "everyone who wanted The Beatles music already bought their albums". That just isn't true. Not by a long shot. As evidenced by the number of people that bought the albums on iTunes today. You can grow demand or even create demand by making it available in different forms. That is just simple economics.

Perhaps I am looking at this to literally and people are just shooting off cynical non sense because this is the Internet. I just wanted to correct an error in logic that I saw. Nothing more.

I know what your point is and I respectfully disagree move on. You can view that this a big deal and in some sense but market changing? No. And honestly I don't know what the reason why you are getting so riled up this. People can have altering viewpoints. That doesn't make them wrong or right.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests