Username
Password
General Announcement News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
General Announcement
Inside AP.net

Music Saves Lives at Taste of Chaos

Posted by: Steve Henderson (01/06/07)
Looking to support a good cause at the Taste of Chaos tour? Stop by the Music Saves Lives booth and register to do some good.

Music Saves Lives Press ReleaseMusic Saves Lives and the Rockstar Taste of Chaos join up to benefit those with leukemia and other blood diseases.

A simple booth on tour will register over 3000 tour goers.

Los Angeles, CA / January 3, 2007 -- Music Saves Lives, DKMS Americas, and the Rockstar Taste of Chaos tour fight leukemia by hosting an on-site bone marrow donor registry at every US concert date. Music Saves Lives will reach out to 100+ concertgoers each night of the tour. Registration only takes about 10 minutes and a simple buccal swab of the mouth used for bone marrow type matching of possible donors with leukemia patients waiting to be saved. All donors who register with DKMS Americas also become part of the WMDA (World Marrow Donor Association) and the NMDP (National Marrow Donor Program). You must be in good general health and between the ages of 18 and 55 years old to register on the bone marrow donor lists.

Each participate of the Music Saves Lives / Rockstar Taste of Chaos bone marrow registry will be entered to win a week on tour with the 2007 Vans Warped Tour. It will include a tour bus spot, all your meals and air travel if necessary to meet up with the tour on the road.

Reaching a goal of 3000 registered will be a milestone for adding donors under the age of 25. The average bone marrow drive in the United States typically has less than 20 people register and the average age of the participate is over 35. By registering donors at a younger age it offers a larger pool for the difficult matches and healthier participates.

Details of how to qualify for the week on the Vans Warped Tour and Pre-Sign-ups can be found by going to www.musicsaveslives.com "events page".

Kevin Lyman, the man behind the Vans Warped Tour, has once again created a successful model of more-bang-for-your-buck. Lyman says, "We have succeeded in giving a world audience an action-packed lineup for an inexpensive price. The success of the tour on a worldwide level has been unprecedented. The 2007 USA and Canada tour is our strongest lineup to date and we are excited to bring this great show to the fans." The Rockstar Taste of Chaos tour is scheduled to hit 41 cities in the U.S. and Canada between mid-February and mid-April. The multi-artist package in the U.S.A. and Canada will feature THE USED, 30 SECONDS TO MARS, SENSES FAIL, SAOSIN, CHIODOS, AIDEN, EVALINE and other special musical surprises to be announced.

This Music Saves Lives promotion is just one of many that ties in the ultimate goal of raising over 30,000 units of blood this summer in the USA. Every summer the blood supply across the nation drops to critical levels. This is primarily due to the fact that almost 30% of the blood supply comes from college and high schools. During the summer, when school is not in session, many areas in the nation suffer. A low blood supply can result in postponed surgeries, and can be life threatening in critical trauma situations and to cancer patients after treatments.

Music Saves Lives has support on this project from Rockstar Taste of Chaos (www.rockstartasteofchaos.com), DKMS Americas (www.dkmsamericas.org), and MySpace www.myspace.com/musicsaveslives.

Displaying posts 1 - 13 of 13
04:25 PM on 01/06/07
Nick Dinsmore
User Info.
Enter: Douchebag kids saying "sweet. for a good cause"
04:29 PM on 01/06/07
Steve Henderson
Retired
User Info.
Enter: Douchebag kids saying "sweet. for a good cause"
Um, huh?
04:56 PM on 01/06/07
Nick Dinsmore
User Info.

get naked. eat some peaches and cream. dance for sherman helmsley
06:04 PM on 01/06/07
ShervonEsf
Vote Obama '08
User Info.
i love the whole concept of this. ive been donating regularly since i was 17
07:07 PM on 01/06/07
Suchasucker
Roadtrip Junkie
User Info.
That's pretty awesome. I've always wondered if anything like that exsisted.

Hopefully they can get the amount of participation they are expecting.
11:14 PM on 01/06/07
thescoremag
User Info.
of course i believe in this it is something that will benefit children like my own daughter Rhiannon Chloe.
12:09 AM on 01/07/07
MusicPimp
coffee is my friend
User Info.
of course i believe in this it is something that will benefit children like my own daughter Rhiannon Chloe.

That's why MSL is out there pushing forward.
01:35 AM on 01/07/07
.Dylan
I'm a Gargoyle
User Info.
I donate blood regularily but I'm not sure I'll donate marrow for a while. The whole day being out of commission and surgery kind of irks me.
07:10 PM on 01/07/07
J'Net
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I did the bone marrow registry for Music Saves Lives at Bamboozle Left, and I was scared at first thinking it would hurt. But I didn't even feel a thing! It's definitely worth it to register.

MSL is an incredible organization run by really nice people, too!
05:31 AM on 01/08/07
AdamTheGreat
Roar!
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Sweet.for a good cause.
10:49 AM on 01/08/07
Jared Wesley
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Hell Yes!! Run Doris Run Supports MSL all the way!
10:31 PM on 01/08/07
MusicPimp
coffee is my friend
User Info.
I donate blood regularily but I'm not sure I'll donate marrow for a while. The whole day being out of commission and surgery kind of irks me.

Hey Dylan, Hope your well. I see your from CA. That's a good thing... but, this time out we will not be doing bone marrow registering in CANADA. DKMS, the typing organization, can't do it quite yet outside of the US with our northern friends.. Hopefully soon.

You are right it is a much bigger deal than blood dontating if you are called to saves someone. But that is the thing... you will save someones life. I would hope a day out of commission would be worth a life time for someone else. Music can Saves Lives... That's what we are here for.

All the best,

Team MSL
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News