Username
Password

10:19 PM on 01/06/07 
User Info.
Tony Pascarella
User
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Male - 26 Years Old
I'm proud to announce that I have a special guest with me this week—Don Rohr, who does A&R for Virgin Records.

Tony's Recs:
OK Go – The '05 album from the Grammy-nominated OK Go, titled Oh No, has been getting quite a few spins from me lately. There are at least half a dozen single-worthy songs on this extremely fun CD. They've taken being on a major label and made it trendy again, instead of spawning cries of "sellout." If you have yet to give the band a chance, here's your chance. OK Go aren't musically limited to just the singles on this album, but even the ones marketed to radio are quite memorable and proficient, as opposed to the typical drab and boring. Recalling a bit of British punk (OK Go is from Chicago) and The Pixies, Oh No is a diamond in the rough.
Recommended: "Do What You Want, "Oh Lately It's So Quiet," and "A Good Idea At the Time" (not on Myspace)

Madelyn – I'd like to recommend a local band near and dear to my...area. They're from Ft. Lauderdale, and you might have heard of them when they were featured on a Drive-Thru/Purevolume compilation a couple years back. They've played the South Florida date two years in a row for Taste of Chaos (are are looking to make it three). If you fancy yourself catchy sing-alongs and crisp vocals wrapped in a toe-tapping, razor-sharp guitar-pop package, Madelyn will be your new favorite band.
Recommended: "Never Pull Me Down" (look in the Taste of Chaos player) and "Dreamers, Inc."

---
Don Rohr's Recs
Aight; so this was harder than I thought. Because of the nature of my job, and the fact that more than half the industry reads this site to find the next big thing, well....you get it? So here are a few that I have been diggin that Im sure a lot of you know about, and if you dont, here ya go. Oh; and If you like games; then play along!!

*Good Charlotte:
THE RIVER is a smash. Must have listened to it 25 times this weekend. These guys are comin back HUGE! Would have loved to heard Tim Armstrong sing that one verse

*Rise Against:
I seriously want to circle pit in my room. There hasnt been this good of a punk rock record with pop flavor since AFI's "Art of Drowning." These melodies are insane, and it has some serious ballz to it. I dont really get into records that scream, but I find myself wanting to go see this band in a small club and finger pointing the chorus's to these songs.

*A band that you need a perscription to make out with. Cant really give this one away!!

*A Day Away:
Great pop rock band from Springfield. Cool concepts that go along with the songs make them almost visual. One of my fave records this year and I think I forgot to put them in my top ten, sorry guys!! Live show is awesome. NO dull moments. Jake is a rockstar on stage, but dude-NO BANDANNA

*Bossman:
Have you havent seen the Wire on HBO; this dude lives it day in and day out. Straight streets hip hop. He's like Jay-Z junior

*Pictures in Pieces:
The drummer Chris is as good as LP from YC but sings all the harmonies. Its insane. These guys bring it live too! Saw one of their first shows at Flipside Fest a few months ago and they crushed it too! Great attitudes and work hard.

*And always listening to Over It, Summer Obsession, New Found Glory, Cartel.

---

Thanks to Don for contributing, and see if you can figure out his secret recommendation (as well as the band without a Myspace link--they're two seperate bands). I'm going to try to have another guest in the next week or two.

Have a great week and recommend me some good unsigned stuff (I want to keep up having at least one unsigned band mentioned per week).
10:21 PM on 01/06/07 
User Info.
hobbes2809
Listens to Music.
Buffalo, NY
Male - 28 Years Old
bombshell?
10:21 PM on 01/06/07 
User Info.
fedhed7
Chickens don't clap!
Male - 25 Years Old
Oooohhh!! I think I figured out his secret rec. I feel like Nancy Drew.
10:22 PM on 01/06/07 
User Info.
xgloryxfadesx27
Make Believe, Not War.
Massachusetts
Male - 25 Years Old
Bombshell?
10:28 PM on 01/06/07 
User Info.
hobbes2809
Listens to Music.
Buffalo, NY
Male - 28 Years Old

jinx :bandit:
10:34 PM on 01/06/07 
User Info.
siimpx
Atlanta, GA
Female - 28 Years Old
bombshell is really really good.
10:44 PM on 01/06/07 
User Info.
Cue the Sun
I'm not sad anymore
Toronto, Ontario
Female - 22 Years Old
I love Madelyn
10:47 PM on 01/06/07 
User Info.
The Revisionist
Loves shittyass pop music
Lansing, MI
Male - 30 Years Old
The A&R guy's comments were hilarious.
10:58 PM on 01/06/07 
User Info.
Tony Pascarella
User
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Male - 26 Years Old
Hmm...just to give you guys more incentive, the first person to get both bands correct AND link their Myspaces in the SAME POST will win a prize. I will not answer yes or no to any guesses nor will I give any more hints.

As for the prize, it'll probably be be an AP grab bag with stickers or CDs or something. We'll figure something out.
10:59 PM on 01/06/07 
User Info.
roxy
Yeah we really got lucky
Boston, MA
Female - 28 Years Old
That is a lame prize and incentive Tony. AP is only sparked by n00dz.
11:00 PM on 01/06/07 
User Info.
selftitled85
Aww Jeet Jeet motha fucka!
Arlington, VA
Male - 29 Years Old
i just listened to the new gc song...and though it is much better than their last cd. it is still crap.
11:02 PM on 01/06/07 
User Info.
Cue the Sun
I'm not sad anymore
Toronto, Ontario
Female - 22 Years Old
a day away - www.myspace.com/adayaway

bombshell - www.myspace.com/bombshell

??
11:03 PM on 01/06/07 
User Info.
hobbes2809
Listens to Music.
Buffalo, NY
Male - 28 Years Old
http://www.myspace.com/bombshell

and ... um

whats a band you need a prescription for?

http://www.myspace.com/tedleo ?

good charlotte doesnt have a myspace link either http://www.myspace.com/goodcharlotte
11:28 PM on 01/06/07 
User Info.
Steve Henderson
Retired
Cincinnati, OH
Male - 32 Years Old
Rx Bandits?
11:40 PM on 01/06/07 
User Info.
SECRETaction
Made In Texas
TX