AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 23 of 23
12:31 AM on 01/08/07
sparklebitca
User Info.
Crazy, I just got back from that show! He was adorably awkward in front of a largely unreceptive, but polite crowd, and mentioned an upcoming documentary about the Damnwells that has been in the making for the past 2 years. (The folks he opened for, Tim Jones, Rob Giles and Tony Lucca, are all respectable singer/songwriters, esp. Giles and Lucca. *horrible plug*)
05:28 AM on 01/08/07
Tony Pascarella
User
User Info.
Just out of curiosity, what did he play? Does he have some solo material or was he just playing Damnwells songs acoustically?
09:19 AM on 01/08/07
sparklebitca
User Info.
Just out of curiosity, what did he play? Does he have some solo material or was he just playing Damnwells songs acoustically?

Oh gosh, you know, I'm sorry, I only caught the very tail-end of his set because I was there for the headliners . . . and I was there for the headliners, so I don't actually know his stuff or the Damnwells. However, going off what lyrics I remember and the power of the Internet, I can say definitively that he played Texas, I Will Keep The Bad Things From You, and Louisville; there was a solo song he wrote while stuck at O'Hare on Christmas Eve 2 years ago with the chorus "let's be closer than we are, let's be all that will remain" and he closed with Golden Days with his fiancee singing backup.
10:06 AM on 01/08/07
Tony Pascarella
User
User Info.
I love "Louisville" and "Golden Days." Air Stereo is an unbelievable album.

Actually, their last one was pretty good too, although not as straight-up poppy.
11:09 AM on 01/08/07
LiquidHeaven
User Info.
I haven't been here in probably 6 months and I come back to hear someone talking about the damnwells? Well holy shit. Who knew?! What a good day this is for AP.
02:55 PM on 01/08/07
kevin111
Kevin111
User Info.
I saw them play with Augustana at The Troubadour in LA and it is one of the best shows I have ever seen.
I can't begin to give you enough praise for giving such an underrated band the love they deserve.
Air Stereo was incredible, but Bastards of the Beat holds a speacial place in my heart (not to mention, it's one of the best album titles ever)
05:57 PM on 01/08/07
amberxlea
got clean in the dirty south.
User Info.
Any ladies who enjoy the Damnwells should marry me. Just sayin'. They're a great band.

well, ya know, i'm not proposing or anything... but i effing love me some damnwells.
06:41 AM on 01/12/07
TradeTruth4Lies
User Info.
if you people are going to keep talking about thedamnwells, I just may need to make a profile ;)

'tis I, Gilly, that girl, with that page, where you DLed that stuff...

wish I lived in LA, the blue october dates are on the pollstar. Don't know how long they'll not be on the site, alex needs to get unlazy.

"Golden Days" has been submitted to some film festivals. SxSW and Tribeca are two that seem to stick out in my head. No word on any acceptance though.

and well i don't want to ramble much more, so I'll stop. aside from Ok, I know liz and danny, anyone else I know that I don't realize?

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos