Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 53
05:08 PM on 11/17/10
bethepilot
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
How about you do what every other normal band does either sign to a label or get a job. I love how they posted incentives for donating $800 and more. You guys are from Long Island, why not just have mommy and daddy pay for it?
first off, there have been tons of bands who ask for donations from fans before. Is it a problem for an independent band to ask for help and support from FANS? Not every band gets signed (even with talent), and people have to pay bills especially people in a fucking bands. No one is going to give 800 dollars or even 500 dollars most likely, but even the slightest chance of that actually happening is without a doubt worth them throwing it up there...even if they only get a laugh out of it. bands are nothing without fans. and you are the worst kind of music fan. you should be supporting and not hating! they're hard working nice dudes with a fresh sound...get with it. and not everyone on Long Island has money to throw to their children to buy a producer. ya jerk.
05:42 PM on 11/17/10
LightTheFuse
Expert Lurker
User Info.
Pledged $25. I hope they get the funding they need.
05:45 PM on 11/17/10
undtheuniverse
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
first off, there have been tons of bands who ask for donations from fans before. Is it a problem for an independent band to ask for help and support from FANS? Not every band gets signed (even with talent), and people have to pay bills especially people in a fucking bands. No one is going to give 800 dollars or even 500 dollars most likely, but even the slightest chance of that actually happening is without a doubt worth them throwing it up there...even if they only get a laugh out of it. bands are nothing without fans. and you are the worst kind of music fan. you should be supporting and not hating! they're hard working nice dudes with a fresh sound...get with it. and not everyone on Long Island has money to throw to their children to buy a producer. ya jerk.

Well first off if they can't afford to spend 5,000 on recording then maybe they should find a producer that's a little cheaper. I may be the worst kind of music fan but i feel these are the worst kind of musicians, make music because you love doing it not because your totally gonna get signed after buying some big name producer. These kids are a joke 2 years ago they were doing stereo skyline covers and now all of a sudden their serious musicians? They are everything thats wrong with music today. All i have to do is donate 2,000 dollars and i get an acoustic show , what a deal!
05:45 PM on 11/17/10
hankmikedesmond
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
If your a fan of the music and you want to support us thats awesome. No one is forcing you to donate money. If kick-starter helps us reach our goal we will be extremely grateful. You are entitled to your own opinion but please do not try to belittle us for giving this thing a shot....We are funding the record our selves and it would be a huge help.

Thank you & keep hating
Your doing a Great Job <3
05:48 PM on 11/17/10
undtheuniverse
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
yeah, i haven't heard this band, but the idea of having people donate to help them make a record is pretty ridiculous...do what every other band does, work hard and sacrifice

Exactly! If they can't come up with this money from playing shows and merch than maybe their not really ready for this quality recordings. DUH!
05:49 PM on 11/17/10
hankmikedesmond
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Well first off if they can't afford to spend 5,000 on recording then maybe they should find a producer that's a little cheaper. I may be the worst kind of music fan but i feel these are the worst kind of musicians, make music because you love doing it not because your totally gonna get signed after buying some big name producer. These kids are a joke 2 years ago they were doing stereo skyline covers and now all of a sudden their serious musicians? They are everything thats wrong with music today. All i have to do is donate 2,000 dollars and i get an acoustic show , what a deal!
what stereo skyline covers?
05:50 PM on 11/17/10
undtheuniverse
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
what stereo skyline covers?

The farewell effect? Sorry to say but sadly some people can not forget having to sit through your sets.
06:03 PM on 11/17/10
hankmikedesmond
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
your right that was a terrible band. That was when dylan and the rest of the guys were in 10th and 11th grade . I played 2 show with them on guitar. The only person from tfe in gabriel is dylan.
06:41 PM on 11/17/10
thelaughingtree
just keep your head above
User Info.
How about you do what every other normal band does either sign to a label or get a job. I love how they posted incentives for donating $800 and more. You guys are from Long Island, why not just have mommy and daddy pay for it?
I'm glad you think that just because someone is from Long Island, they're automatically rich and "mommy and daddy" can pay for things. Gabriel the Marine and other bands from Long Island work just hard as any band out there. If not we work harder, because there are people like you who make shitty assumptions. Another thing you should consider is not every band wants to be signed to a label. These guys have opened for some crazy bands and have played awesome shows without being signed, they can do plenty without being signed. They're independent and doing what they love, don't shit on their parade. All they did was ask for help, if you don't want to help them then that's cool, you do what you want. There are a million other bands out there who asks for donations, or ask to show some kind of support. Also, they don't need to get a cheaper producer because Jim Wirt has a good name and has done awesome bands. Saying that they got their album done by him can increase their popularity and make things better and easier for them. It can only do them good. Don't knock someone down when they're doing what they love.
06:41 PM on 11/17/10
CstrzRock
Nice Guys Finish First / Russell
User Info.
I'm guessing you are a self-hating Long Islander. Gabriel the Marine is one of the rare few acts that Long Island has produced that are worth paying attention to. It's a group of guys making amazing music. Have you even listened to their music? How are they a joke? Never have they sounded like the typical Long Island generic auto-tuned bullshit.
06:54 PM on 11/17/10
undtheuniverse
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I'm guessing you are a self-hating Long Islander. Gabriel the Marine is one of the rare few acts that Long Island has produced that are worth paying attention to. It's a group of guys making amazing music. Have you even listened to their music? How are they a joke? Never have they sounded like the typical Long Island generic auto-tuned bullshit.

Never? Im assuming you never heard their old band, cause not too long ago were these guys the joke of the Long Island music scene. Then they got Robbie Hasset to write some songs for them and all of a sudden their legit? I dont think so budddddy
06:58 PM on 11/17/10
hankmikedesmond
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Robbie never wrote any songs for us lmao ... In fact We are still good friends you can ask him yourself lol.
07:01 PM on 11/17/10
CstrzRock
User Info.
Never? Im assuming you never heard their old band, cause not too long ago were these guys the joke of the Long Island music scene. Then they got Robbie Hasset to write some songs for them and all of a sudden their legit? I dont think so budddddy
They were NEVER the joke of the Long Island music scene. I was the joke of the Long Island music scene. And Robbie Hassett has NOTHING to do with anything lol

Are you on some other planet dude?

You know nothing of the Long Island music scene.
07:03 PM on 11/17/10
thelaughingtree
just keep your head above
User Info.
LOL!
i don't think these guys were ever even considered a joke on Long Island. Their old band? maybe? i don't know...they were young. But Gabriel the Marine, ha...these guys are fun dudes, would never consider them a joke in anyway when it comes to the music scene at all, even when they first started, they were always good
07:06 PM on 11/17/10
CstrzRock
User Info.
LOL!
i don't think these guys were ever even considered a joke on Long Island. Their old band? maybe? i don't know...they were young. But Gabriel the Marine, ha...these guys are fun dudes, would never consider them a joke in anyway when it comes to the music scene at all, even when they first started, they were always good
I remember playing a show with them back a while ago. It was a Stereo/Scenes&Sirens show. I had to sell a lot of tickets to play 3rd to last lol. I saw them before I went on and had this moment of "oh crap, i'm nothing compared to them"

I still think they are amazing and am really glad to see something good come out of the scene. One of only a few good things lol

p.s. hotel of the laughing tree rules too!

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos