AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review - Page 5
Displaying posts 60 - 71 of 71.
06:11 PM on 11/18/10
natek12
User Info.
I can see why people wouldn't like this but for me I absolutely love this album. His lyrics aren't the best in the world but he makes up for it with the flow and I love the darker sound to this album. Hit the top 10 AOTY for me for sure.
06:34 PM on 11/18/10
Jaytothesyg
The Greatest Generation
User Info.
I really like this album. I don't think it can touch MOM1 but its really good! Great Review though! I think I only love cudi so much because he went to the same high school as me haha
06:44 PM on 11/18/10
ElCheGuevara
King in the Castle
User Info.
This album is pretty inrcredible actually. Erase me sucks though, if you like that you probably are still in high school. It is terrible . The rest of the album is unique and enthralling. Cudi is very creative.
08:04 PM on 11/18/10
Sleepwitsirens
User Info.
Love Kid Cudis style. Really like : Mojo So Dope, Mr. Rager, All Along, Erase Me (of course), Maniac, The End especially GLC
08:24 PM on 11/19/10
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor | @drewberinger | Locked Groove
User Info.
would have rated this in the 50s and that's being generous.
10:21 AM on 11/21/10
qaw1231
User Info.
felt kinda like the first album to me
02:44 PM on 11/21/10
cubine
www.facebook.com/truthunderattack
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Please, please, please explain what's alternative about this album.
i'm not sure if i would call it full on alternative hip hop but the lyrical themes throughout the record are consistently darker, sadder and more introspective than mainstream hip hop typically is.
07:58 AM on 11/22/10
You Won't Know
You're fuckin out and I'm fuckin in
User Info.
i'm not sure if i would call it full on alternative hip hop but the lyrical themes throughout the record are consistently darker, sadder and more introspective than mainstream hip hop typically is.
Thanks, that's what I'm getting into. There are much more experimental samples and soundscapes inherent in Cudi's music. With the exception of one or two songs, he's getting less and less mainstream and instead more and more dark.

I'm not interested in getting into a 'genre-battle' on this site. Every time I read those threads I feel like I'm just banging my head into a wall for hours.

Like it or dislike it, he's going to alienate some fans with this record, in an attempt at artistic expression. And I fucking love that... it's ballsy as hell. He may have been a little unfocused but I'd rather he try and expand his sound and experiment than put out a safe record that is just top 40/mainstream hip hop.
12:39 AM on 12/08/10
CheckeredFloors
nah
User Info.
Album has some great singles.
04:45 AM on 12/13/10
BlackSynTheorem
User Info.
I was expecting big things...but it was somewhat of a let down.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests