Username
Password
AlexisonFire News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
AlexisonFire
Inside AP.net

Alexisonfire Digital Bundle

Posted by: Deborah Remus (11/18/10)
Alexisonfire will release a digital bundle featuring covers of Midnight Oil's "The Dead Heart" and The Saints' "I'm Stranded." More info is in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 13 of 13
10:06 AM on 11/18/10
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
News Release Alexisonfire have an early Christmas present for their fans worldwide. The band plan on releasing a digital bundle featuring two cover songs they recorded recently – Midnight Oil’s “The Dead Heart” and The Saints’ “I’m Stranded”. The cover songs were originally released as an exclusive 7” vinyl during their recent Australian tour. Only 200 copies were made and quickly sold-out on their tour. Much to the band’s pleasant surprise, Alexisonfire’s cover of “The Dead Heart” climbed to No. 6 in Australia, charting on the Hot 100 in Australia and the UK. “We love Australia and wanted to do something special,” says Dallas Green. Midnight Oil is like the Australian Tragically Hip and, I mean, The Dead Heart is a great song! Wade chose The Saint’s cover. He loves early Australian punk.” Currently, “The Dead Heart” is getting air time on Canadian radio and at last check sits #34 on the BDS Rock Charts, and is the #1 Futures track.

Release date: November 22, 2010 (Canada), December 7, 2010 (US), November 26 (Australia) TBD (UK)
10:18 AM on 11/18/10
Matthew Tsai
Born and raised
User Info.
Saweet!
10:36 AM on 11/18/10
Macbeth.
User Info.
Its an exciting year for AOF fans
12:05 PM on 11/18/10
Supernovacaine
givin'er
User Info.
Well this is pleasantly exciting news.. lovin the recent flow of new material..
12:48 PM on 11/18/10
Keele
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Agreed. I still wish Dallas would do more acoustic covers of AoF.
01:25 PM on 11/18/10
Chris_B
You Do It So Well
User Info.
Agreed. I still wish Dallas would do more acoustic covers of AoF.
Could not agree more.
Has Dallas done any studio or high quality recordings besides Boiled Frogs and Happiness by the Kilowatt? All the covers/acoustic on youtube are ruined by talking fans, etc.
02:02 PM on 11/18/10
hectorial85
Saved The Day
User Info.
Stoked.

Australia!
09:09 PM on 11/18/10
AussieBoy
User Info.
no.6 in Australia??? on what charts? i dont think so?

they played the cover when i saw them, amazing original, cover did it justice loved it!!!
was a little ashamed a lot of the young kids didnt know the song, Midnight Oil are a national treasure!
09:12 PM on 11/18/10
Matthew Tsai
Born and raised
User Info.
no.6 in Australia??? on what charts? i dont think so?

they played the cover when i saw them, amazing original, cover did it justice loved it!!!
was a little ashamed a lot of the young kids didnt know the song, Midnight Oil are a national treasure!

Just checked out Midnight Oil thanks to this news post today - they're good! Which album of theirs would you recommend I start with?
09:18 PM on 11/18/10
AussieBoy
User Info.
Just checked out Midnight Oil thanks to this news post today - they're good! Which album of theirs would you recommend I start with?
20,000 watt RSL, its the greatest hits

top songs on it like:
The Power and The Passion
Bed are Burning
blue sky mine
king of the mountain

their singer is now a polticion here, and is my local member for parliment, it seems weird especially when you see the old footage of him performing
you gotta see him dancing on youtube, to describe it... "unique", he gets into his songs
09:34 PM on 11/18/10
Matthew Tsai
Born and raised
User Info.
20,000 watt RSL, its the greatest hits

top songs on it like:
The Power and The Passion
Bed are Burning
blue sky mine
king of the mountain

their singer is now a polticion here, and is my local member for parliment, it seems weird especially when you see the old footage of him performing
you gotta see him dancing on youtube, to describe it... "unique", he gets into his songs

Sweet thanks! I will definitely check this out.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums