11:40 AM on 11/18/10
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
11:46 AM on 11/18/10
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
Awesome, Life Won't Wait is still probably my favourite Rancid record.
06:22 PM on 11/18/10
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
It's been my #1 since 1998 and I don't foresee that ever changing. All Rancid albums have 16+ songs and that's the only one that doesn't feel like a chore to actively (emphasis on that word) listen to from start to finish. Definitely digging this track -- And the idea in general!

Yeah, I love the diversity of that record and I still can listen to it front to back all these years later. I also like how Lars still has lots of songs, "Leicester Square" still being one of my favourites. I took the subway to that square when I was in London this summer just because of that song, haha. All Rancid is good Rancid as far as I'm concerned, but my biggest issue with their last one is not enough Lars.
08:48 PM on 11/18/10
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
I'm just glad there's minimal Freeman vocals. Aaaaand that's awesome about the "Leicester Square" bit! Did it feel special? I love doing things like that.

See also: I really want to visit Gilman Street. And I daydream about various Less Than Jake songs when walking the streets of Gainesville at the Fest, haha.

Yeah, I'm not a big Devils Brigade fan. And stuff like that does rule. I was actually in San Francisco two years ago and crossed the bay to go to 924 Gilman St. Didn't have time to catch a show, just spent an afternoon walking down the street and finding the venue. It's not much to look at and easy to miss, but when you think about how many awesome shows took place there over the years it's pretty cool.

And The Fest, I need to go one year, but school always gets in the way. I kind of wish it was in the summer, but oh well. Did you go? The line-up this year was particularly awesome.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos