Username
Password

07:01 AM on 11/19/12 
User Info.
TJ Wells
i'll see you at the movies.
Portland, OR
Male - 27 Years Old
Did anyone else think from the trailers that it was Bryan Cranston playing Grant, not Jared Harris? Thought he was really miscast.
07:28 AM on 11/19/12 
User Info.
phaynes1
AP.NET ILLUMINATI
Gainesville, FL
Male - 25 Years Old
Did anyone else think from the trailers that it was Bryan Cranston playing Grant, not Jared Harris? Thought he was really miscast.
No and I thought Harris did a fantastic job.
01:18 PM on 11/19/12 
User Info.
Jake Jenkins
https://twitter.com/jakej654
St. Louis, MO
Male - 21 Years Old
Staff Member
No and I thought Harris did a fantastic job.
same.

thought the movie was pretty great overall, as well.
08:06 PM on 11/23/12 
User Info.
mr. man
Male - 32 Years Old
Saw it tonight (History major here...if that matters any). Day Lewis is amazing, obviously, but the supporting cast is also superb. Script and story is boring though. Loved the scenes in the House. Felt like Abe's stories got a bit old. I guess that's how he really was, though, but by the end of it I felt like a good SNL skit could be made out of Abe's stories. How do you get out of a sticky situation? Call Abe to tell a story for a laugh

6/10
08:48 AM on 11/24/12 
User Info.
daftpunker45
Yeezus season approaching.
Connecticut
Male - 17 Years Old
It was sold out yesterday. Ugh.
07:57 PM on 11/24/12 
User Info.
Ferrari333SP
St. Paul, Minnesota
Male - 28 Years Old
I thought DDL did an amazing job; one of the better acting performances I've seen in a long time. For those calling the script/story boring, for something based off history and not just made up, they couldn't have really had it many other ways. To compress what happened during those couple of months into the length of the movie, I thought they did it really well. For showing who Lincoln was and what decisions were made and what impact they would have, I thought the movie did all of that really well. All the acting performances with superb for me(except TLJ; he just didn't fit into his character enough), especially DDL. It's now been 3 hours after leaving the theater, and I'd give it either an 8 or a 9.
09:31 PM on 11/24/12 
User Info.
majinsharingan
Erase All Pictures of Ron
Tallahassee, Florida
Male - 20 Years Old
I thought DDL did an amazing job; one of the better acting performances I've seen in a long time. For those calling the script/story boring, for something based off history and not just made up, they couldn't have really had it many other ways. To compress what happened during those couple of months into the length of the movie, I thought they did it really well. For showing who Lincoln was and what decisions were made and what impact they would have, I thought the movie did all of that really well. All the acting performances with superb for me(except TLJ; he just didn't fit into his character enough), especially DDL. It's now been 3 hours after leaving the theater, and I'd give it either an 8 or a 9.

Pretty much what I expected, word for word. Including the part about TLJ.
11:51 PM on 11/27/12 
User Info.
SlappedActor
Tread lightly.
Quality movie, although at 2 1/2 hours of sheer dialogue I was definitely ready for it to be over. But very well-acted and well-written, even if it is still a Spielberg movie to the core. Dude just can't resist the melodrama. That cast though...just unbelievably good,outside of a couple misfires (Jared Harris, who didn't give a bad performance per se, but I just could never get past the idea of him as Ulysses S Grant. I also didn't care for the line by Sally Field about how history will remember her. It just sounded so forced.) But I feel good about it as a whole and left the theater happy.

DDL is probably the frontrunner for the Academy award, and it certainly helps that the Academy has a giant throbbing boner for anything historical. It'll come down to him and Joaquin Phoenix. I'd go with Joaquin, but they are both deserving and I'll likely be happy either way.

And I've always found politics boring, but being in the House of Representatives in the 1800's looks like a ball. Just chillin all day, trading barbs and growing beards.
06:51 AM on 12/05/12 
User Info.
atticusfinch
Faith In More Than Steel
South Carolina
Male - 27 Years Old
Saw it last night. Solid B. Thought it was an underwhelming film as a whole, but would have been something my 7th grade history class would have been forced to watch. Good acting, and because it's a history movie, it drug along in some parts due to the necessity of lots of dialogue. I'd watch it again, but I wasn't impressed to the point where it's Oscar worthy in my book. Still, DDL will obviously win an Oscar for it. He was great. Was thoroughly entertained by Tommy Lee Jones' character too, and loved seeing Lee Pace and JGL.
02:27 PM on 12/09/12 
User Info.
You Vandal
What she order? Fish filet.
Chicago, IL
Male - 26 Years Old
The role nominates itself though, like Morgan Freeman playing Nelson Mandela did, so even if the movie sucks, he's still a guaranteed nominee and a guaranteed contender. I honestly hope this movie gets shut out at the actual Oscars though, even though I know it will get a ton of nominations.
Why would you say you hope this movie gets shut out at the Oscars before even seeing it?

And then three posts later, after seeing it, you said you wouldnt mind seeing DDL winning.
02:55 PM on 12/09/12 
User Info.
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
Staff Member
Why would you say you hope this movie gets shut out at the Oscars before even seeing it?

And then three posts later, after seeing it, you said you wouldnt mind seeing DDL winning.

Because the screenplay doesn't offer a whole portrait of Lincoln. It portrays him, largely, as a saint, which I frankly don't think he was. While the level of craft is extreme, that aspect of the project turned me off.
09:28 PM on 02/24/13 
User Info.
Farva2
Registered Member
Chino, CA
Male - 23 Years Old
He'll win an oscar for this.
Called it
03:55 AM on 02/25/13 
User Info.
punkcrap
a stupid fuck with brilliant luck.
Brazil
Male - 24 Years Old

Everyone called it, hahaha

04:18 AM on 02/25/13 
User Info.
airik625
-
Chattanooga, TN
Male - 25 Years Old
Finally going to watch this tonight. I'm sure it'll be great. DDL is a favorite.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos