AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Interview: Early Strike, The - 11.13.10

The Early Strike - 11.13.10

Interviewed by
The Early Strike - 11.13.10The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:

The Early Strike
www.theearlystrike.com
www.myspace.com/theearlystrike
http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Ea...1001638?ref=ts
Ryan Twitter: http://twitter.com/ryanstrikex
Brit Twitter: http://twitter.com/britstrikex

1. How did you get your band name?
When we first started the band the scene was consumed by hardcore and metal music. We were one of the only bands doing very poppy punk style music, and we never fit on any shows. So we were sort of striking the scene early with our style of music! Now when we go back to our hometown there are tons of pop punk bands. Also, we love to go bowling in our spare time.

2. How did this band get started?
The band began in 2006 when we (Ryan & Brit) started writing songs together after meeting at a show. At the time we were in two different bands, but decided to make a pop punk project when we started writing together. Also, coming from different musical backgrounds and bands we both had different inspirations, which makes our sound really special. Not to mention one of the first bands to bring the duet back!

3. What bands are you influenced by?
We aren’t so much influenced by a certain band, but more by the style of music and the way a certain sound can make you feel. We like a pretty wide variety of music and just kind of mix it all together to create our own sound, The Early Strikes sound. Some bands that we listen to and inspire us include New Found Glory, All Time Low, Mest, etc.

4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
Brit : I would have loved to tour with Johnny cash, because we could throw in a little country twang, haha!

Ryan: I think we would have fit very well with a band like Green Day because we are very similar in the style of music so the crowds would have really enjoyed watching us.

5. If you were a furry, what animal would you be? Why that animal?
If we were furry, we would have to be pugs because they are so cute and loyal. They are also very calm and lazy which is somewhat both of our personalities too.

6. Why should people listen to your band?

People should listen to The Early Strike because it is a fresh new sound. The sound we are creating isn’t like any pop punk or indie rock band in the industry right now. Being a unique punk duet is also very different which may attract fans also. We try not to sound like every other band out there!

7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, what song would you want in the game? How hard do you think it would be to five-star on expert?
Well, funny thing is we have been chosen to be a on the Rock Band Network for Rock Band 3 this month by Wave Group. We all came to the conclusion that the track “Shut Up” off of Ten Outta Ten would be the most fun to play on rockband. So, that is the song we would put, or “Party up” because it is really fast and would be a little harder to play on expert!

8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?

We would thank the people that stuck by the band through all the crap we’ve been through. Our manager is one of those people because she never has quit on us even when so many other people have. We think it is definitely the whole team and the loyal fans that has helped us get this far.

9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?

If we could change anything about the music industry... we would change the fact that all the labels and companies still rely on bands CD sales to make them money, when almost all the fans download music now.

10. Memorable tour experience?
One experience on tour that we will always remember is when we did our first shows in North America, because we realized that half of this country is a cornfield. But one of the most memorable tour experiences would have to be seeing the autograph lines while playing the 2010 Warped Tour. It was amazing to see an unsigned unknown band provoke so much emotion from people that had never heard us before.

11. What does AP.net mean to you?
To us the web site means a loyal music community that will never die out and always stay together. The Early Strike is glad to be a part of the website and will always come back to share our news with music hungry fans!

12. What is your favorite song to play?

Our favorite song to play would be “If I said yes…” because it always feels so energetic even though it has a sadder tone to it. We always love ending the set with it because it’s so strong. It really gets the crowed pumped and has a lot of meaning behind it.

13. What is your vacation spot of choice?

We love going on vacation, but if we had to choose one location it would have to be Belize or the Fiji Islands. We have only been to Belize one time but it was the coolest vacation ever! We swam with sharks. Or Vegas, who doesn’t love Vegas? There are so many places we would love to visit so it is hard to pick a vacation spot when there are at least over 50 different places we both want to visit.

14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Brit: Christina Aguilera, Nsync, and Britney Spears is what I listened too when I was young. I sadly know all the lyrics to their songs too! Around 10 years old I started listening to gothic metal like Evanescence, Korn, and Slip Knot.

Ryan: My childhood would be based on the alternative mainstream radio rock of the late 90’s. Over the summer I would hang out at water parks and other places with my friends and would listen to bands like Eve 6 and Third Eye Blind on the radio.

15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
Brit: I would have the power to speak with animals. Pretty useless, but I want to know what they're thinking!

Ryan: If I could have a super power it would be a cool one like mind control or being able to manipulate peoples choices and minds. I would totally get everyone to come see us live.

16. Do you feel that your band has "made it"?
No, this band has just gotten started and haven’t even began to scratch the surface of what we want to accomplish in our careers. The Early Strike still has some good years and tours ahead before I could say we have made it and gotten to the point we all have dreamed of being at. We are slowly getting there.

17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
Brit: I used to have blonde hair, and was 20 to 30 pounds heavier than I am now.

Ryan: I think most fans don’t know that I’m a neat freak! I usually keep everything really clean and organized when we are on tour and at home.

18. What's your favorite holiday?

We both love Halloween! Halloween is awesome because you get to be scared and go to haunted houses and fun events. Plus, most of the stuff is during the night, and we stay up all night anyways!

19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Brit: I am such a scatterbrain and can never concentrate on one thing for more than 20 minutes. So I do a bunch of random things! Mainly I work on the band, paint, draw, learn new computer skills, watch movies, TV, and eat!

Ryan: I like to bowl on my spare time and try to keep and maintain an average and league play. It gives me something other than music to do and is so much fun! Also, I like to play X-BOX Live with friends.

20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
Brit: I love to draw, and I am learning how to do computer animation! I also spend a lot of time learning makeup skills, so I’m pretty good at that too.

Ryan
: I would have to say a hidden talent I have that most people don’t know about me is I am a wizard at math! I am pretty fast with numbers.

No one has commented on this interview.
You can be the first.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests