AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Smartpunk News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Introducing Smartpunk Live

Posted by - 12:48 AM on 11/22/10
Smartpunk has announced Smartpunk Live, their new online based TV show. The first band to play on the show will be Saves The Day. Head to the replies to read their press release.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 22
12:48 AM on 11/22/10
Keagan Ilvonen
@KeaganIlvonen
User Info.
Dear Absolutepunk.net Community,
As many of you may know, District Lines acquired Smartpunk this past April. It’s safe to say that at that time, Smartpunk was not in the best shape. The company was sinking in debt and unable to pay many of its vendors. Since then, the District Lines and AKT Enterprises staff has worked diligently to fix the problems that plagued the old Smartpunk. We are now ready to look to the future!
We are proud to announce Smartpunk Live, our brand new web-based show that features live acoustic performances, in-depth artist interviews and engaging perspectives on topics making waves in music. Our goal is to create a show that provides up and coming bands the opportunity to share their music and our all time favorite bands the opportunity to share their story.
Smartpunk Live will air regularly on www.smartpunklive.com in full HD. The first episode, which airs Wednesday, December 1st at 7 PM EST, will feature an acoustic performance and interview with Saves The Day. In the interview, the band discusses the reason behind their concept albums and the trials and tribulations of touring with a family.
We want to thank the Absolutepunk community for their continued support of Smartpunk. We truly believe the best is yet to come!
For more information, please visit us at www.smartpunklive.com and @smartpunklive

Sincerely,
Jeff Vaughan
jeff@aktenterprises.com
AKT Enterprises / Smartpunk / District Lines
12:55 AM on 11/22/10
danielineffigy
Calm will find your soul.
User Info.
Cool idea.
07:23 AM on 11/22/10
FTTbass
I like music
User Info.
love it!
07:35 AM on 11/22/10
*crying stars*
... are you crazy?
User Info.
Sweetness. As long as AP puts up a reminder the day of, I'll be tuning in.
07:45 AM on 11/22/10
Zinja
User Info.
I feel like this would have blown up 5-6 years ago... now, i don't know...
07:51 AM on 11/22/10
ShoulderWhl
where are you?
User Info.
this sounds like it's going to be incredible. can't wait.

although I'm hoping they asked about saves the day's in reverie b-sides
08:20 AM on 11/22/10
YoungHeartsBeFree
Every You / Matt
User Info.
i think this idea is awesome. i love seeing bands stripped down and playing acoustic.
08:21 AM on 11/22/10
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
User Info.
Fuck District Lines, they have been handling SmartPunk terribly. I had a huge issue with a past order a few weeks ago so I specifically asked about pre-ordering Hellogoodbye and it arriving on time (on release date) and was told it'd be no problem. It's been two weeks since it came out, and still no CD in my mailbox. Why would I make a pre-order if it doesn't even come on the day of release? No other online vendors seem to have a problem with that
08:35 AM on 11/22/10
guigs
User Info.
sweet, i'll be checking that if i don't forget it.
08:56 AM on 11/22/10
incognitojones
http://auburn-hills.tumblr.com
User Info.
Love the idea.
09:03 AM on 11/22/10
YoungHeartsBeFree
Every You / Matt
User Info.
Fuck District Lines, they have been handling SmartPunk terribly. I had a huge issue with a past order a few weeks ago so I specifically asked about pre-ordering Hellogoodbye and it arriving on time (on release date) and was told it'd be no problem. It's been two weeks since it came out, and still no CD in my mailbox. Why would I make a pre-order if it doesn't even come on the day of release? No other online vendors seem to have a problem with that
I've dealt with this problem through many vendors on pre-sales. It totally sucks, though. I did, however, get my HGB pre-sale early through DL and love that cd!

Besides, I think this is just another cool way to hear some bands you like in a different scenario. Daytrotter and Purevolume sessions are always pretty cool, so I think this will add another layer to that, especially with interviews and such.
09:25 AM on 11/22/10
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
User Info.
I've dealt with this problem through many vendors on pre-sales. It totally sucks, though. I did, however, get my HGB pre-sale early through DL and love that cd!

Besides, I think this is just another cool way to hear some bands you like in a different scenario. Daytrotter and Purevolume sessions are always pretty cool, so I think this will add another layer to that, especially with interviews and such.
I have no problem with SmartPunk Live, I think it's awesome. But I also think they need to do better with their shipping, they probably just lost me as a customer
10:40 AM on 11/22/10
YoungHeartsBeFree
Every You / Matt
User Info.
I have no problem with SmartPunk Live, I think it's awesome. But I also think they need to do better with their shipping, they probably just lost me as a customer
shipping is also a bit overpriced, but that also goes with merchdirect and merchnow, so whatever.
11:01 AM on 11/22/10
foryoublue
#buddysystem
User Info.
WANT TO SEE. fuck.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT