Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 134
12:28 PM on 11/23/10
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
User Info.
Nice review, I feel like for the most part my thoughts on the album are in line with yours
12:29 PM on 11/23/10
Memphis
Eight miles high and falling fast
User Info.
Fantastic album, but your review lacks something...oh I know! you forgot to mention "DESTROYA" and "Save Yourself, I'll Hold Them Back", which I think are incredible, and among the best songs in the album. Listening to DESTROYA you just wanna stop your feet and go wild, like animal wild. Save Yourself is plain cool. The lyrics are incredible, reminiscent of the old MCR stuff.

I think the album is amazing, the only flaw is that they seemed to scrap some really cool stuff, judging by the Mad Gear and the Missile Kid EP. The songs seem to drip sexuality from evey pore... ;)
Also, I've rediscovered Mr Way's voice with this album

People, keep listening to it, you'll love it.
yeah, it's 15-track album, but there's only 12 songs, could've been more...
12:34 PM on 11/23/10
xapplexpiex
&.&
User Info.
I agreed with pretty much everything you said, Ian. Cool review.
Party Poison would have to be my second favorite though. I love Save Yourself, I'll Hold Them Back way too much.
This will have to grow on me more, but I still love it to death. In my top 10 of '10.
12:36 PM on 11/23/10
cwhit412
User Info.
Album isn't good. I can't believe it got a good review based on all the awful comments I've seen. I expected this to be about a 65 or so.
12:42 PM on 11/23/10
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
Album isn't good. I can't believe it got a good review based on all the awful comments I've seen. I expected this to be about a 65 or so.

Fans and music lovers insight on the album means more then reviews. Have you listened to the albums or just read the few negative comments among the many favorable.
12:42 PM on 11/23/10
Memphis
Eight miles high and falling fast
User Info.
I haven't seen any so far
12:43 PM on 11/23/10
firewater
the ransom
User Info.
I agree that if people went in expecting a stripped-down record, they'll be disappointed. As long as you followed the band's recording process, you would have an idea of what it would sound like. It's interesting to know that 4 songs on here were from the original sessions; just altered to fit the new direction.
I like both SCARECROW and Summertime, though having both after each other is a little too much "ballad-time". Bulletproof Heart just stands out to me as the anthem on this record; it's like the band is going on an adventure.
I definitely liked the Black Parade, but a retread with that sound would've just been redundant imo, and I really appreciate them doing something new for a change.
12:45 PM on 11/23/10
ReadyForAction
life in the greenhouse effect
User Info.
Great review, even though I disagree with you saying that few hints of the concept can be found in the album, I think the song titles and the traffic report are there to keep the story present.
12:55 PM on 11/23/10
chiggles
User Info.
I got through the first four or 5 songs of the album and found myself bored. This band was at it's greatest point with Three Cheers and at this point, I'm utterly dissapointed at them.
01:03 PM on 11/23/10
drmsofpsilocybi
User Info.
Love the CD. It's a fun good old rock and roll album, can never hate on that. I've been a fan since I brought you my bullets and am damn proud to say I saw MCR play before their first cd came out with Finch and The Used at the Cleveland Agora. They've come a long way.
01:04 PM on 11/23/10
Drown_The_City
A contender now throwing the fight
User Info.
Fantastic album, but your review lacks something...oh I know! you forgot to mention "DESTROYA" and "Save Yourself, I'll Hold Them Back", which I think are incredible, and among the best songs in the album. Listening to DESTROYA you just wanna stop your feet and go wild, like animal wild. Save Yourself is plain cool. The lyrics are incredible, reminiscent of the old MCR stuff.

I think the album is amazing, the only flaw is that they seemed to scrap some really cool stuff, judging by the Mad Gear and the Missile Kid EP. The songs seem to drip sexuality from evey pore... ;)
Also, I've rediscovered Mr Way's voice with this album

People, keep listening to it, you'll love it.
fan girl
01:06 PM on 11/23/10
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
Great review, even though I disagree with you saying that few hints of the concept can be found in the album, I think the song titles and the traffic report are there to keep the story present.
Did it live up to your expectations?
01:15 PM on 11/23/10
tyrelkatz
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
oh, because i used the S word? :D so sorry I got your panties in a twist.

And its been a long time since someone called me a "girl". But thanks man, I'm flattered.
01:20 PM on 11/23/10
Drown_The_City
User Info.
oh, because i used the S word? :D so sorry I got your panties in a twist.

And its been a long time since someone called me a "girl". But thanks man, I'm flattered.
not wearing panties... just thought it was odd how you said you redsicovered his voice when this seems to be his weakest vocal performance
01:20 PM on 11/23/10
Drown_The_City
User Info.
Did it live up to your expectations?
because I didnt know the first stripped down album was scrapped.... not it didnt

did they also scrap an album before writing the black parade?

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos