Username
Password
Mae News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 52.
04:49 PM on 11/28/10
The Plot Sucks
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Hard to take that only a few years ago we had great bands such as; As tall as lions, mae, copeland and the honorary title gracing the indie scene and now they're all gone...very very sad times
05:40 PM on 11/28/10
Cheesus
nope
User Info.
commencing tears.... noooooooooooo :'(
05:48 PM on 11/28/10
simonbelmont
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I don't want to give false hope, but at the Kansas City show, I yelled "Don't break up" during a break in their set. Dave said these exact words: "We're not breaking up, we're breaking. There's a difference. We haven't ended yet..."

This made me hopeful for more Mae.
I am also very hopeful that this is just a long break, not a break-up. I remember reading several accounts of people telling Dave, "Promise me this won't be the last time we see you guys." and Dave responding, "I promise it won't be. We are taking an extended period of time off, not ending the band entirely." This is certainly not the end, but it will be a while before anything is heard from MAE. They deserve the break, they have given us so much! They have other goals in life that they would like to focus on, a lot of it has to do with music too for Dave, Mark, Rob, and Jacob, so it's good to know that the majority of the band is not going into the night and someday....they'll return.

P.S Zach wrote a book, it's really good. Everyone should check it out!
05:50 PM on 11/28/10
adamKS
User Info.
i completely disagree about mae disbanding being more upsetting than the loss of copeland. . .all of copeland's music was solid and they never stumbled or released a bad album, while mae did release 1 good album (destination) and one great album (everglow), they were never consistent. copeland to me was pure brilliance and beauty and while mae had the potential, they only showed sprinkles of brilliance and beauty in their music.

mae's best song was "the ocean" off of the everglow album and sounded very copeland-esque and like something aaron marsh would of written. that song itself showed the potential mae had but it seemed like a lot of mae's songs just come off as "cheesy" or almost generic to me (i realize these might be harsh to a mae fan, but that's the best way i could describe it). i just don't think mae had it in them to write consistently great songs like these while copeland really couldn't write a bad song and seemed effortlessly for them.

with that being said, mae's work ethic, honesty, and message in their music is something to be respected and admired on a high level. definitely a great band and great guys all around but this breakup isn't really all too surprising. the band completely lost me with "singularity" and their newer ep's were nothing to write home about IMO. i will always remember "destination" and "everglow" and what they mean/meant to me at a time when i was developing my music tastes but the loss of a perfect band like copeland, i will never and still haven't gotten over to this day
06:20 PM on 11/28/10
BigAl
Here, have a sword.
User Info.
That's so weird. I just bought the demo of Suspension today on iTunes only 'cause I remembered that Kenny Vasoli sang on it.
06:50 PM on 11/28/10
simonbelmont
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i completely disagree that mae disbanding is more upsetting than copeland disbanding. . .all of copeland's music was solid and they never stumbled or released a bad album, while mae did release 1 good album (destination) and one great album (everglow), but were very inconsistent. copeland to me was pure brilliance and beauty and while mae had the potential, they only showed sprinkles of brilliance and beauty in their music.

mae's best song was "the ocean" off of "the everglow" album and sounded very copeland-esque and like something aaron marsh would of written. that song itself showed the potential mae had but instead they tended to write most of their songs in more of a cheesy fashion. i just don't think mae had it in them to write consistently great songs like these while copeland really couldn't write a bad song.

with that being said, mae's work ethic, honesty, and message in their music is something to be respected and admired on a high level. definitely a great band and great guys all around but this breakup isn't really all too surprising. the band completely lost me with "singularity" and their newer ep's were nothing to write home about IMO. i will always remember "destination" and "everglow" and what they mean/meant to me at a time when i was developing my music tastes but the loss of a perfect band like copeland, i will never and still haven't gotten over to this day
That's like comparing the loss of a mother to a father and asking the question, "Which one's worse?". IMO, there's no contest. They were both a HUGE loss....so why say one was worse than the other....that's stupid, pointless, and a waste of time (again, IMO). I know you weren't the one who made the first claim, but let's not turn this thread into, which one's better....that's really stupid. Copeland had their break-up. It's over. This thread is about MAE, and it should be kept that way. These bands were so close in talent, origin, and friendship that they almost did a tour together to say goodbye, so let's not turn their accomplishments into a contest....they are both great.
07:09 PM on 11/28/10
adamKS
User Info.
That's like comparing the loss of a mother to a father and asking the question, "Which one's worse?". IMO, there's no contest. They were both a HUGE loss....so why say one was worse than the other....that's stupid, pointless, and a waste of time (again, IMO). I know you weren't the one who made the first claim, but let's not turn this thread into, which one's better....that's really stupid. Copeland had their break-up. It's over. This thread is about MAE, and it should be kept that way. These bands were so close in talent, origin, and friendship that they almost did a tour together to say goodbye, so let's not turn their accomplishments into a contest....they are both great.

fair enough.

probably not the most appropriate place to talk about another band with the passing of another but being a LIFELONG and passionate copeland fan, i had to say something.

but yeah, mae will be sadly missed. bands like this with so much integrity and passion are slowly becoming extinct.
07:10 PM on 11/28/10
trappedintime
Yea, you were right about me
User Info.
This is so sad.
07:17 PM on 11/28/10
paoLAWL
Working on my night cheese.
User Info.
So sad. I saw Mae in Pomona a couple weeks ago and even though he was sick they sounded great.
07:25 PM on 11/28/10
simonbelmont
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
fair enough.

probably not the most appropriate place to talk about another band with the passing of another but being a LIFELONG and passionate copeland fan, i had to say something.

but yeah, mae will be sadly missed. bands like this with so much integrity and passion are slowly becoming extinct.
You're last point is so true....why is the indie genre dieing, or am I being a little too doom and gloomy?? It just feels like we have lost sooo many quality bands of late.

I am going to miss the honest lyrics, musical prowess, and the energy this band ignited to step up and help others in their community and communities all over the world.....and so much more. To say MAE will be missed is an understatement....
07:36 PM on 11/28/10
Sean Rizzo
Can you see evidence of perfection?
User Info.
this is sadder than Copeland breaking up. this is THE band that got me into real music.
Same.
07:41 PM on 11/28/10
dru
i know i got my issues...
User Info.
....sigh.
08:48 PM on 11/28/10
Jamos4184
www.facebook.com/attalusmusic
User Info.
I love Copeland, but I was very let down in Eat, Sleep, Repeat. Only two 5 star songs IMO.
Ehh, to each his own, I guess.
09:05 PM on 11/28/10
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.
Ehh, to each his own, I guess.
True, I don't think I was the only one though. Two of my friends were equally as dissapointed with it and I've seen many similar feelings on the internet.
09:28 PM on 11/28/10
Jamos4184
www.facebook.com/attalusmusic
User Info.
True, I don't think I was the only one though. Two of my friends were equally as dissapointed with it and I've seen many similar feelings on the internet.
Oh yeah? Well, a lot of my friends also disagree. The internet also confirms this, too.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums