Password

Album Review
My Ticket Home - The Opportunity to Be Album Cover

My Ticket Home - The Opportunity to Be

Reviewed by
My Ticket Home - The Opportunity to Be
Release date: November 9, 2010
Record label:Rise Records
This review is a user submitted review from Krazycev13. You can see all of Krazycev13's submitted reviews here.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 54
08:01 PM on 11/28/10
more heart
Get Hurt
User Info.
This review was way too long for an EP and that RIYL is garbage.
11:11 PM on 11/28/10
rushour144
User Info.
EHHHH, it's an okay release... NOT EVEN in the same ballpark as In Media, Dreamhouse and ESP Cleanhead (genius), but its pretty good.

Like Moths To Flames has a similar sound and does it much better!
11:23 PM on 11/28/10
silent_platypus
Elected Asskicker
User Info.
I will not listen to it because the word "Opportunity" is printed on two lines on the cover. This is stupid and it irks me as a designer. Think it's a stupid reason not to listen? Fight me. I'm sure it's not hard to come up with more.
06:50 AM on 11/29/10
_><_
Registered Member
User Info.
Garbage.
07:01 AM on 11/29/10
WeWereGiants
Cold hands, Lips blue
User Info.
I will not listen to it because the word "Opportunity" is printed on two lines on the cover. This is stupid and it irks me as a designer. Think it's a stupid reason not to listen? Fight me. I'm sure it's not hard to come up with more.

I actually think this is a very good reason not to listen, along with the RIYL.
10:57 AM on 11/29/10
SourStuff
Five Body Blade Vocalist
User Info.
Pretty good release, I agree with the review. Honestly, not much different from AA!'s self-titled stuff, but still enjoyable.
01:28 PM on 11/29/10
AaRoNpUnK
fuck the thrill of the chase.
User Info.
why the freak is everyone comparing this to AA's old stuff? it sound snothing like it! if anything, it sounds closer to Vanna than anything else!
01:32 PM on 11/29/10
more heart
Get Hurt
User Info.
why the freak is everyone comparing this to AA's old stuff? it sound snothing like it! if anything, it sounds closer to Vanna than anything else!
Finally someone agrees with me. Electronics are an integral part of Attack Attack's music so it's hard to say a band sounds like them when they lack that element. And even if they did have keys, who's to say they'd incorporate them the way in which AA! does.
01:36 PM on 11/29/10
AaRoNpUnK
fuck the thrill of the chase.
User Info.
Finally someone agrees with me. Electronics are an integral part of Attack Attack's music so it's hard to say a band sounds like them when they lack that element. And even if they did have keys, who's to say they'd incorporate them the way in which AA! does.

even if they incorporated straight up electronica in the music, it still wouldn't sound any closer to AA! AA! uses stupid auto-tune and weak "heavy" parts. im not saying these guys are GROUND BREAKING in any sense but im impressed with their vox and clean singing. i think ppl are just comparing AA! to them is cuz Caleb did that guest vocal part
01:56 PM on 11/29/10
StepsInADance
taeyeonlogic.tumblr.com
User Info.
I didn't think this was as bad as I thought it would be
pretty generic stuff though
02:27 PM on 11/29/10
Krazycev13
I tie a horrible knot.
User Info.
This review was way too long for an EP and that RIYL is garbage.

Long reviews make me feel like I can get my point across and really knit pick it. I agree the RIYL kinda sucks, I wasn't totally sure what to put. I'd appreciate if you actually criticized my reviews constructively though, rather than just bashing them.

EDIT: Fixed the RIYL. I figure it's more accurate now.

EHHHH, it's an okay release... NOT EVEN in the same ballpark as In Media, Dreamhouse and ESP Cleanhead (genius), but its pretty good.

Like Moths To Flames has a similar sound and does it much better!

trust me, i would never compare it. these guys are towards the bottom rung of Risers, yet i think they have potential. i definitely agree that LMTF is better.

Pretty good release, I agree with the review. Honestly, not much different from AA!'s self-titled stuff, but still enjoyable.

That's the AA! i was talking about. I feel like their heavy parts are very similar.

Where exactly did I say old stuff? I was referring to their self-titled and that new teaser they have.

even if they incorporated straight up electronica in the music, it still wouldn't sound any closer to AA! AA! uses stupid auto-tune and weak "heavy" parts. im not saying these guys are GROUND BREAKING in any sense but im impressed with their vox and clean singing. i think ppl are just comparing AA! to them is cuz Caleb did that guest vocal part

First, the methods of their instrumentation (guitar work in particular) is extremely similar to the likes of "A for Andrew" on their new album. Primarily open notes. I know that My Ticket Home doesn't use T-Pain autotune, but neither does AA! on their self-titled. That reference was also made before I even knew Caleb was on the CD. I knew he produced it, but I had no idea about the guest vocal part. Also, I wrote this review on third listen. The first paragraph was written last, and I only found out about Shomo's appearance through watching a YouTube video of "Dead Weight". Also, did you notice I pointed that out before the section about "Dead Weight"?
02:39 PM on 11/29/10
more heart
Get Hurt
User Info.
Long reviews make me feel like I can get my point across and really knit pick it. I agree the RIYL kinda sucks, I wasn't totally sure what to put. I'd appreciate if you actually criticized my reviews constructively though, rather than just bashing them.

Ok, how about this for constructive criticism: Your review is far too long for you to expect to be holding the reader's interest for an EP. If this was a full-length, this review would be lengthy, but could still keep the reader's attention. However, since this is an EP, they may be inclined to stop reading. Also, as you'll see in the review tips link, "song-by-song" reviews are extremely discouraged as they become extremely boring very quickly.

You can bitch all you want about how I "bashed" your review, but I wasn't nitpicking. I was telling you that your review was written in such a manner that most people would be turned off from reading it. After all, you do want people to read this, right?
02:49 PM on 11/29/10
Krazycev13
I tie a horrible knot.
User Info.
Ok, how about this for constructive criticism: Your review is far too long for you to expect to be holding the reader's interest for an EP. If this was a full-length, this review would be lengthy, but could still keep the reader's attention. However, since this is an EP, they may be inclined to stop reading. Also, as you'll see in the review tips link, "song-by-song" reviews are extremely discouraged as they become extremely boring very quickly.

You can bitch all you want about how I "bashed" your review, but I wasn't nitpicking. I was telling you that your review was written in such a manner that most people would be turned off from reading it. After all, you do want people to read this, right?
That was much better, until the end. I'm not trying to bitch. I appreciate the song-by-song advice, I'll work on that. And thank you for the advice about the way I wrote it. I'll work on it some more.
02:54 PM on 11/29/10
rushour144
User Info.

trust me, i would never compare it. these guys are towards the bottom rung of Risers, yet i think they have potential. i definitely agree that LMTF is better.

That's the AA! i was talking about. I feel like their heavy parts are very similar.

Where exactly did I say old stuff? I was referring to their self-titled and that new teaser they have.

First, the methods of their instrumentation (guitar work in particular) is extremely similar to the likes of "A for Andrew" on their new album. Primarily open notes. I know that My Ticket Home doesn't use T-Pain autotune, but neither does AA! on their self-titled. That reference was also made before I even knew Caleb was on the CD. I knew he produced it, but I had no idea about the guest vocal part. Also, I wrote this review on third listen. The first paragraph was written last, and I only found out about Shomo's appearance through watching a YouTube video of "Dead Weight". Also, did you notice I pointed that out before the section about "Dead Weight"?
Gothca, and totally agree. Yea I do think they have potential too though!

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos