Username
Password

Interview - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 40.
12:39 PM on 01/15/07
notoaststereo
they knew exactly what happened.
User Info.
And too bad AFS is horrendous live. Their music on CD is all right.

they are pretty bad live... adn the cd isnt much better
12:42 PM on 01/15/07
PJ1336
Yeah.
User Info.
the last album was fucking contaigous, but of course they ruined it for me when i saw them live.

also, i don't get why people hated on the last album's production... that shit was smoove like butta. maybe a little too smoove?

anyways, this album will hopefully be great.
12:44 PM on 01/15/07
xearlynovemberx
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
the last album was fucking contaigous, but of course they ruined it for me when i saw them live.

also, i don't get why people hated on the last album's production... that shit was smoove like butta. maybe a little too smoove?

anyways, this album will hopefully be great.

the fact that you compared it to butter makes you the winner
12:46 PM on 01/15/07
redeyes
One Sweet Dude
User Info.
yeah, what's up with the way out is broken. that is the only song by them i ever really liked.
12:51 PM on 01/15/07
msifreak
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Nah, I like them live. Then again, I like almost all bands live. Except senses fail.
01:01 PM on 01/15/07
bloodyr0mance87
User Info.
i think Armor For Sleep are ok live. like someone else here said, they just aren't that energized. when i saw them at warped this past summer, i thought they sounded good. they were just really lackluster as far as stage presence. and what's with the senses fail live show hating here? i love their live show. talk about a band with stage presence and energy during their live show!
01:04 PM on 01/15/07
mizoka
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

yea, i've only watched a couple of videos online, but they didn't make me excited as the CD songs did. when i first listened to them, i was like "omg, they gotta be amazing live!", but they kinda disappointed me on this aspect.

on other note, both of their CDs are really good, i'm looking forward to the new album.
01:04 PM on 01/15/07
danielineffigy
Calm will find your soul.
User Info.
I can't wait for this... I also wanted a report on "The Way Out is Broken", but whatever...
01:13 PM on 01/15/07
thisismyname
User Info.
Quote:
and what's with the senses fail live show hating here? i love their live show. talk about a band with stage presence and energy during their live show!

Yeah, I think senses fail is pretty much the opposite of AFS when it comes to live shows, They really dont sound that great, but they've got the energy and stage presence to still make the shows fun.
01:30 PM on 01/15/07
rickmo
Fear of growing older
User Info.
agreed.

good interview
02:09 PM on 01/15/07
lew_1987
The desperation's gone.
User Info.
senses fail are the worst band i have seen live. their singer can't sing, and their bassist can't scream. they have improved since heath saraceno started playing for them. but i bum midtown. oh yeah AFS are one of the best bands ever
02:39 PM on 01/15/07
ProudlyLastPlac
We Who Shall Inherit The Earth
User Info.
I miss Midtown
03:25 PM on 01/15/07
Absolute Mest
i am hollywood
User Info.
He's not at all. I could be, but he chooses not to. He'll only say hey to the fans when he wants to. I think he's a little bitch, hopefully his 15 minutes will be up soon.
03:33 PM on 01/15/07
Absolute Mest
i am hollywood
User Info.
senses fail are the worst band i have seen live. their singer can't sing, and their bassist can't scream. they have improved since heath saraceno started playing for them. but i bum midtown. oh yeah AFS are one of the best bands ever
I've heard this so many times from so many different people, some who actually never have seen Senses Fail live. I've been to 7 or 8 of their shows, and only 2 were as bad as you described. Their bassist can't scream, Buddy's vocals used to be really weak but as of 2 years ago, his singing has improved considerably. They've not been consistent when it comes to vocals, but I've witnessed at 5 shows where I was amazed. You've got to give them a little more credit than that, they've always had amazing stage presence when they've been lacking in the other stuff, but everyone has had bad days, some just have more but they're on their way. They just need to replace that bassist.
04:47 PM on 01/15/07
leafsacc
User Info.
The last time I saw Armor for Sleep, I thought they were really good and had a great time. I saw Senses Fail last week and was impressed by their stage presence as well. Maybe I"m just easily impressed, but I know that if you're just standing their and not really into it you'll probably think a lot of bands are pretty bad live. A band's energy can make up for less than stellar vocals or a few missed notes.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests