Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 98
12:00 PM on 12/21/10
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
User Info.
Glad you like it.

I'm not sure if I've talked to you before, but I recognize your username from seeing it in the general forum, so it's nice to see you here.

They deserve the love!

Haha you may like quite a few of these, especially the indie pop bands and female musicians!
would you possibly want to make a mix with the best tracks from each artist and PM it to me? no rush of course, but that would be pretty coool
12:01 PM on 12/21/10
Lueda Alia
User Info.
I saw Four Tet on there I think?

Four Tet, The National, Crystal Castles and Josh Ritter.. I think that was it.
cshadows2887
User Info.
Haha I'm not surprised that you don't like Crystal Castles. They're really just not for everyone, and I'm not sure if I would even call their album "accessible." But yeah, I do love it. I think the contrast between my #1 and #2 is pretty funny, though.

Ugh.. I wish more people would have checked out Pearly Gate Music. I feel like posting 4926464 news posts about them just to point out that they're very similar to Fleet Foxes, etc, because people would definitely check them out then. Sigh.
Do it. Have a "music you might have missed" series or something. And put them in every installment.
Lueda Alia
User Info.
would you possibly want to make a mix with the best tracks from each artist and PM it to me? no rush of course, but that would be pretty coool
I already tried to do that, but Rdio was not cooperating.

But yeah, I can definitely do that. I'll PM it to you later today.
12:04 PM on 12/21/10
Dr. Acula
www.twitter.com/ericflaris
User Info.
Glad you like it.

I'm not sure if I've talked to you before, but I recognize your username from seeing it in the general forum, so it's nice to see you here.

Haha, thanks. Always appreciate seeing a list that's different from the "norm" around here. I think we've shot the shit a few times over the years (in various AFI (think I remember you telling a story about having an AIM name after the song "Morningstar")/Elliott Smith/Crazy NOFX-Fat Mike SXS incident threads, etc). I can forgive you since it's always been sporadic.
12:07 PM on 12/21/10
Lueda Alia
User Info.
Haha, thanks. Always appreciate seeing a list that's different from the "norm" around here. I think we've shot the shit a few times over the years (in various AFI (think I remember you telling a story about having an AIM name after the song "Morningstar")/Elliott Smith/Crazy NOFX-Fat Mike SXS incident threads, etc). I can forgive you since it's always been sporadic.
Hahaha oh God, I can't believe you remember that. But yes, that was my AIM and AP username (before I became Staff). I just really love the song.

Nice memory! I'll definitely remember you from now on. What's your name?
12:13 PM on 12/21/10
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
User Info.
I already tried to do that, but Rdio was not cooperating.

But yeah, I can definitely do that. I'll PM it to you later today.
you rock my friend
12:14 PM on 12/21/10
Dr. Acula
www.twitter.com/ericflaris
User Info.
Hahaha oh God, I can't believe you remember that. But yes, that was my AIM and AP username (before I became Staff). I just really love the song.

Nice memory! I'll definitely remember you from now on. What's your name?

Eric. Nice to meet you "formally". Haha. Eda right?
12:16 PM on 12/21/10
Lueda Alia
User Info.
I'd never pass the opportunity to whore my favourite bands a little more.

Eric. Nice to meet you "formally". Haha. Eda right?

Nice to meet you as well! We will be e-friends for life now.
12:25 PM on 12/21/10
Eva Friedman
I'm the girl who makes it out alive
User Info.
I thought of putting it under the honorable mentions list, but I just haven't really listened to that album a whole lot lately, so I kind of had to leave it out or my list would have been x10 bigger than what it is!

That's 100% fair. Solid list, by the way, and thank you for all the recs this year. Just out of pure curiosity, I know you consider Gorilla Manor to be a 2009 album. If you considered it a 2010 album, do you think it'd fall on your list?
12:31 PM on 12/21/10
Lueda Alia
User Info.
That's 100% fair. Solid list, by the way, and thank you for all the recs this year. Just out of pure curiosity, I know you consider Gorilla Manor to be a 2009 album. If you considered it a 2010 album, do you think it'd fall on your list?
Yeah, of course. I love that record - even more than I did last year, actually. If you like them, check out this other band that I've just started to cover. They remind me of Local Natives a lot.

Thank you for checking them out. And thank you for the Evenings recommendation! Love the EP.
12:36 PM on 12/21/10
Eva Friedman
I'm the girl who makes it out alive
User Info.
Yeah, of course. I love that record - even more than I did last year, actually. If you like them, check out this other band that I've just started to cover. They remind me of Local Natives a lot.

Thank you for checking them out. And thank you for the Evenings recommendation! Love the EP.
Oh wow, I didn't even realize they were in your top EPs. Glad you enjoyed it. I'll listen to US Royalty when the album I'm listening to finishes, definitely excited to hear it. You should also give The Union Line a listen. They opened for Local Natives on their tour and definitely have a similar sound.
12:38 PM on 12/21/10
Lueda Alia
User Info.
Oh wow, I didn't even realize they were in your top EPs. Glad you enjoyed it. I'll listen to US Royalty when the album I'm listening to finishes, definitely excited to hear it. You should also give The Union Line a listen. They opened for Local Natives on their tour and definitely have a similar sound.
Haha yeah, I love it. It's great.

I'll check out the band now. Thanks!
12:54 PM on 12/21/10
Jeff_Ryan
easy come and easy go, whatever
User Info.
Your musical compatibility with catchinstars is Super
Music you have in common includes Yeasayer, Crystal Castles, Sleigh Bells, Elliott Smith and Girls.

oh shit
12:57 PM on 12/21/10
TheByrus
http://twitter.com/Turn_It_Out
User Info.
No Active Child?

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles