Username
Password
Tooth & Nail Records News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Tooth & Nail Records
Inside AP.net

I Am Pre-order

Posted by: Matthew Tsai (12/03/10)
You can now pre-order I Am Empire's upcoming album, Kings, here and here. The album drops on January 25th.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 15.
07:06 PM on 12/03/10
Matthew Tsai
Born and raised
User Info.
This is definitely an album to look forward to.
07:29 PM on 12/03/10
DanielJames
User Info.
Such an original album title.
07:35 PM on 12/03/10
Nick Le
Yeezy taught me.
User Info.
Need to listen to these guys more. Liked one of the new songs they posted on MySpace a while back, which was a nice change since I haven't been into most of the more recent T&N signings.
07:37 PM on 12/03/10
Matthew Tsai
Born and raised
User Info.
Need to listen to these guys more. Liked one of the new songs they posted on MySpace a while back, which was a nice change since I haven't been into most of the more recent T&N signings.
This is definitely the best Tooth signing in months.
07:46 PM on 12/03/10
Nick Le
Yeezy taught me.
User Info.
This is definitely the best Tooth signing in months.
I even remember my sister telling me about them a while ago when she was doing a&r interning for some label, but I never bothered to check them out and a while later, they end up signing with T&N. They even played a show back at home that I didn't bother to go to. But now I think I'll go check out their older stuff and place this album on my Most Anticipated list.
07:49 PM on 12/03/10
Matthew Tsai
Born and raised
User Info.
I even remember my sister telling me about them a while ago when she was doing a&r interning for some label, but I never bothered to check them out and a while later, they end up signing with T&N. They even played a show back at home that I didn't bother to go to. But now I think I'll go check out their older stuff and place this album on my Most Anticipated list.
I have the same history with the band. Someone rec'd them to me and I wrote it off at first listen. But then the single for this album came out and it got me hooked.
11:14 PM on 12/03/10
Walter_Jables
User Info.
Such an original album title.
are there actually other albums titled Kings?
02:41 AM on 12/04/10
Mario57
We can gallop upon the sea...
User Info.
So they rerecorded two songs from their debut album ? Anyway i'm stoked to hear it.
12:37 PM on 12/04/10
wakeuptothesun
User Info.
So they rerecorded two songs from their debut album ? Anyway i'm stoked to hear it.
If you have heard of "Robert Fripp" from 1993, "Dante" from 1991, or "Braam" then yes. But I have not heard of all three
06:48 AM on 12/09/10
DanielJames
User Info.
are there actually other albums titled Kings?
Off the top of my head? No. What my sarcasm was directed towards was the awful trend of bands releasing albums with taking the plural form of a word and slapping it on as their album title. It doesn't make them look cool or introspective.
10:53 AM on 12/09/10
Matthew Tsai
Born and raised
User Info.
Off the top of my head? No. What my sarcasm was directed towards was the awful trend of bands releasing albums with taking the plural form of a word and slapping it on as their album title. It doesn't make them look cool or introspective.
I tend to think that that's the case most of the time but I think a lot of it has to do with the industry pushing too many bands and us become jaded about it. Here, Kings might make it look like they're trying to look cool or introspective, but there's a genuine story behind it. The album is a concept album about child abandonment, and I believe "Kings" is meant to paint a picture of these broken children's futures.
07:33 PM on 12/14/10
natedoggvb
User Info.
If you have heard of "Robert Fripp" from 1993, "Dante" from 1991, or "Braam" then yes. But I have not heard of all three
Do they have any other full length albums out? If so you know if its any good? Ive heard a song or two randomly and really liked what i heard.
03:06 PM on 12/16/10
wakeuptothesun
User Info.
Do they have any other full length albums out? If so you know if its any good? Ive heard a song or two randomly and really liked what i heard.
Yeah there is a self-titled album on iTunes that was released independently about two years ago
01:19 PM on 04/27/11
Walter_Jables
User Info.
just saw this post now...and ya, there are a lot of bands releasing albums like that...but if you have listened to Kings, the title ties into the theme of the record perfectly.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS