AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Video Games News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Games Round-Up (12/05/2010)

Posted by - 09:41 PM on 12/05/10
Head to the replies to read this week's Games Round-Up.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 17
09:41 PM on 12/05/10
Thomas Balkcom
www.twitter.com/thomasbalkcom
User Info.
Thanks to Jim for putting this together.

Games Round-Up
I try to write this thing on Saturdays, but honestly I was so committed to finishing Red Dead Redemption that I completely forgot about you guys. Man that game is a doozy huh? I went back and tried to finish up The Ballad of Gay Tony right afterwards, and man Rockstar really tightened up those controls. Trying to play GTA IV again was a mess. I may never finish Ballad of Gay Tony I'm on the helicopter mission, yuck. I think I'll try to finish Fable III first.

Anywhozits, my name is Jim Plachy, I come from a website called Four Player Co-Op once a week to deliver to you the most absolutely punk website on all the Internet, your video gaming news. Let's begin.

SONY

Sony shipped 4.1 million move controllers, which doesn't actually mean anything. It just means they made a lot of controllers and then forced stores to hold onto them for them. However, Popular Science called Move the most immersive of all the motion controller technologies. So take that for what it's worth.

Uncharted 3 will most likely take place in the desert's of Africa and be revealed at next week's SpikeTV VGAs.

NINTENDO

Nintendo did in fact sell a shit ton of DS' and Wii's on Black Friday weekend to the tune of 900,000 DS' and 600,000 Wii's. Who still doesn't own these???

MICROSOFT

Microsoft has sold 2.5 million Kinect sensors which they say keeps them on track for selling 5 million by the end of the year.

After being rumored for more then a year, Microsoft has finally rolled out an Xbox Live Reward program that nets you Microsoft Points for spending money and Microsoft Points. It's free, and gets you Microsoft Points. Nothing to really complain about, right? The Internet couldn't possibly complain about this.

Microsoft's three big Xbox Live Arcade games for the Winter A Kingdom for Keflings, Raskulls, and Ilomilo, will sync up with each other. The more you buy the more bonuses you get. The games will share characters and resources. Kind of an interesting way to help bolster sales for 3 under the radar titles. I approve.

Microsoft may be sniffing around television networks to make your Xbox 360 a more connected set top box. You can already watch ESPN content and use the system with AT&T U-Verse, but this new plan would allow you to pay a modest fee to watch networks of your choosing. The gimmick here, being that you would cancel your cable and just use your 360.

iOS/Mobile

It's been a while since we've had some iOS related news, but Zynga the makers of every game that ends in ville on Facebook, has bought NewToy the makers of every game that ends "with friends". In fact Zynga has renamed the company Zynga With Friends. No word on what Zynga plans to do with them, but I imagine it has something to do with harvesting, or paying to not have to wait to harvest.

EVERYTHING ELSE

EA went on an honesty rampage this week saying it wants Tiger Woods to start winning, buying Harmonix would be like trying to catch a falling knife, and that movie games suck.

Ghostbusters: Sanctum of Slime is a top down four player co-op arcade style version of 2009's Ghostbusters game. So, good luck with that Atari.

The Dead Rising 2 Case West DLC that brings Dead Rising 1 protagonist Frank West face to face with Chuck Greene will be out at the end of the month, exclusively on Xbox 360.

The creator of Yakuza has announced a new squad based shooter called Binary Domain. After Vanquish I'm excited to see what western developers do with the shooter genre. I hope it's good.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution is getting a fancy pants collector's edition that will only cost you 10 bucks more than the regular game. Your extra 10 spot nets you an artbook, a bonus DVD, a motion comic, and the soundtrack. Pre-orderers of the game will find themselves with extra credits, augmentations, and exclusive weapons.

Ubisoft layed off 19 people from it's Reflections studio, the same studio that is working on the new Driver game. They were probably layed off when Ubisoft found out that you are going to use astral projection to put your mind into other drivers.

Speaking of Ubisoft they apparently sent around a survey asking people what they want to see in the next Assassin's Creed game. I'd like to see less Ezio, personally.

OnLive has announced a $9.99 all you can play option. It allows you to play from an initial back catalog of 40 titles. If you are the proud owner of an OnLive Game System(formerly the MicroConsole)you get to try 14 games for free. Everyone else has to start paying, and all 40 titles will be unleashed on January 15th.

Christopher Nolan is in fact working on an Inception video game. No word on...on well anything yet, but my money is on MMO.

PSAs

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light is getting some more DLC. 2 DLC packs will include skins that turn Lara and Totec into Kane and Lynch or Kain and Raziel. That's corporate synergy!

Battlefield Bad Company 2: Vietnam DLC will be out on the 18th for PC/Steam and the 21st for Xbox Live Marketplace/Playstation Network.

Resistance 3 will get a gameplay reveal trailer at the SpikeTV VGAs on December 11th.

RELEASES

Tron (PS3, Xbox 360, Wii, PC, DS, PSP)
WoW: Cataclysm (PC/Mac)
Bejeweled 3 (PC/Mac)
Super Mario All Stars (Wii)

LINKS

Looking for links to video game news?

Four Player Co-Op
Joystiq
Kotaku
1UP
Destructoid
MTV Multiplayer
CVG

That'll do it. Remember to check out my podcast Bullshot! and follow me on Twitter.

Compiled by: be mine
10:49 PM on 12/05/10
FBTMOPenguins
Spinning Bird Kick!
User Info.
This round-up should just be the links at the bottom and it would suffice.
11:43 PM on 12/05/10
juice182
User Info.
does anyone remember that game wreckless for xbox where you drove around in a delorean?
05:13 AM on 12/06/10
SomedayTheFire
when I die there'll be no trumpets
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
There seems to be a large bias against Sony on these.
07:46 AM on 12/06/10
S7ranburgLar
We're not for them(and that's cool)
User Info.
This round-up should just be the links at the bottom and it would suffice.
I think you're underestimating the work put into this.
I follow Kotaku, but their page is filled with news constantly throughout the day, and you'd have to scroll through pages of stories to get all the news in for the week.
Unless you keep up to date every day on video game news, this round-up is extremely informative.
09:14 AM on 12/06/10
LoadedGunX21
21 and invincible..
User Info.
I, too, just finished Red Dead Redemption recently. That game was spectacular! and the ending... phenomenal!
09:16 AM on 12/06/10
guitarnick20
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Inception video game? Yes please.
10:39 AM on 12/06/10
be mine
Video games are for children
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
There seems to be a large bias against Sony on these.
Correct. Microsoft pays me a lot more money than Sony.
10:41 AM on 12/06/10
xxero182
User Info.
I, too, just finished Red Dead Redemption recently. That game was spectacular! and the ending... phenomenal!
yeah it really is an awesome game. i was way addicted to it haha.
10:42 AM on 12/06/10
SomedayTheFire
when I die there'll be no trumpets
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Originally Posted by be mine;
Correct. Microsoft pays me a lot more money than Sony.

Sounds like M$ alright
11:13 AM on 12/06/10
FBTMOPenguins
Spinning Bird Kick!
User Info.
I think you're underestimating the work put into this.
I follow Kotaku, but their page is filled with news constantly throughout the day, and you'd have to scroll through pages of stories to get all the news in for the week.
Unless you keep up to date every day on video game news, this round-up is extremely informative.
To be honest I am aware of all the news points and it's missing quite a few things as well. Not to mention I'm largely uninterested with Microsoft anything and it's heavy on that.
11:39 AM on 12/06/10
CarouselBoy
Not everything, not yet
User Info.
yeah it really is an awesome game. i was way addicted to it haha. i was super bummed when jon marston died, but it was pretty satisfying to kill that guy at the end.. i forget his name now. good game for sure.
thanks for the spoiler tag
12:37 PM on 12/06/10
xxero182
User Info.
haha my bad..didn't think about that. sorry
01:43 PM on 12/06/10
be mine
Video games are for children
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Although, now his spoiler is in your reply.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos