AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

General Announcement News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

New Deadmau5 Article

Posted by - 03:14 PM on 12/06/10
Check out a new article about Deadmau5 here.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 43
03:21 PM on 12/06/10
bandnamexmyname
&^%^&
User Info.
Good he's getting big.
03:23 PM on 12/06/10
Mibabalou
Desolate Earth :: The End Is Here
User Info.
He is damn good.
03:33 PM on 12/06/10
dash64
This Is My Design
User Info.
My favorite DJ. Can't wait to pick up 4X4=12 tomorrow!
03:41 PM on 12/06/10
Dog_Sized_Bird
User Info.
Deadmau5, along with most dubstep, is the death of music. Absolutely fucking artless trash with no substance. There is GREAT electronic music out there, lots of it... Deadmau5, is not.
03:45 PM on 12/06/10
Lawliet
I have learned to love the lie
User Info.
Deadmau5, along with most dubstep, is the death of music. Absolutely fucking artless trash with no substance. There is GREAT electronic music out there, lots of it... Deadmau5, is not.
he's an electro house DJ, not a dubstep DJ, although many amateurs try (and fail) to remix his already shitty music into dubstep versions.
03:48 PM on 12/06/10
S9Dallasoz
Knows the words to 'Bye Bye Bye'
User Info.
03:51 PM on 12/06/10
Maxwell
awefaeeeeeeef
User Info.
good to see him admit that 4x4=12 isnt a proper album.
03:54 PM on 12/06/10
Dog_Sized_Bird
User Info.
he's an electro house DJ, not a dubstep DJ, although many amateurs try (and fail) to remix his already shitty music into dubstep versions.
I stand corrected, my bad. But if artists like Aphex Twin were considered "intelligent dance music", then I consider Deadmau5 and similar DJs as being the exact opposite of that. Dance music for ignorant people who can't think for themselves, and like to listen whatever all their friends listen to. Maybe I only hate it so much because I'm exposed constantly to f*ggy strung out raver kids who take x or dose on a weekly basis and go fucking twirl glow sticks and listen to shitty music and fuck each other. Or maybe my gripe with him and largely most techno, is that there's very little defining characteristics between artists/DJs and most of it all sounds the same to me. It doesn't take a genius to make original music, no matter what genre it's in. The whole dubstep/new drum n bass/electro house whatever seems to lack any and all creativity and I see it as being created for the sole purpose of getting fucked up to. I've tried x and it's the only time music like this is even remotely tolerable for me.
04:04 PM on 12/06/10
tuneouttunein37
User Info.
I stand corrected, my bad. But if artists like Aphex Twin were considered "intelligent dance music", then I consider Deadmau5 and similar DJs as being the exact opposite of that. Dance music for ignorant people who can't think for themselves, and like to listen whatever all their friends listen to. Maybe I only hate it so much because I'm exposed constantly to f*ggy strung out raver kids who take x or dose on a weekly basis and go fucking twirl glow sticks and listen to shitty music and fuck each other. Or maybe my gripe with him and largely most techno, is that there's very little defining characteristics between artists/DJs and most of it all sounds the same to me. It doesn't take a genius to make original music, no matter what genre it's in. The whole dubstep/new drum n bass/electro house whatever seems to lack any and all creativity and I see it as being created for the sole purpose of getting fucked up to. I've tried x and it's the only time music like this is even remotely tolerable for me.
u mad?
04:06 PM on 12/06/10
I'mOnAHorse
Yeezy Season
User Info.
04:23 PM on 12/06/10
Dog_Sized_Bird
User Info.
Maybe a little. It bugs me that people just eat this shit up, as it's being spoonfed to them.
04:30 PM on 12/06/10
dash64
This Is My Design
User Info.
Maybe a little. It bugs me that people just eat this shit up, as it's being spoonfed to them.
I've never done x, so I can't relate but if you could recommend some good electronic music that would be cool. I just like deadmau5 because for some reason his music sounds somewhat distinguished. I've tried listening to other DJ's and alot of them suck, but Joel has been working with computers for most of his life so I trust him to be creative. There was one album though that many of the songs sounded the same.
04:38 PM on 12/06/10
Dog_Sized_Bird
User Info.
I've never done x, so I can't relate but if you could recommend some good electronic music that would be cool. I just like deadmau5 because for some reason his music sounds somewhat distinguished. I've tried listening to other DJ's and alot of them suck, but Joel has been working with computers for most of his life so I trust him to be creative. There was one album though that many of the songs sounded the same.
Brian Eno, Coil, Squarepusher, Battles, Aphex Twin, Four Tet, Throbbing Gristle, Autechre, new 65daysofstatic, Fuck Buttons, new Jaguar Love, New Order, any NIN remix album, Health, pretty much anything that's come out on Warp Records... just to name a few.
04:40 PM on 12/06/10
dash64
This Is My Design
User Info.
Brian Eno, Coil, Squarepusher, Battles, Aphex Twin, Four Tet, Throbbing Gristle, Autechre, new 65daysofstatic, Fuck Buttons, new Jaguar Love, New Order, any NIN remix album, Health, pretty much anything that's come out on Warp Records... just to name a few.
Thanks. The only ones I've listened to are New Order & NIN, and I love those.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos