Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 5 posts.
09:19 AM on 12/07/10
Nick Le
Yeezy taught me.
User Info.
Two of my favorite bands. At first I was going to say that I threw up a little, but this is actually really great for them, so congrats! They'll finally get that distribution they really need too, I've never seen either of their CDs in a Best Buy or anything around here. But Rise, hmm, I'm surprised. It's cool that they'll still jointly release with RFC.

Edit: Awesome if Rise continues in the pop punk/punk/hardcore direction since they have these guys in addition to bands like This Is Hell, Your Demise, etc. now.
09:42 AM on 12/07/10
Nick Le
Yeezy taught me.
User Info.

Piebald put out some re-issues on Rise during the summer, that is old news so don't bother.

Yeah, This Is Hell released "The Weight of the World" on Rise this summer too.
01:58 PM on 12/07/10
Nick Le
Yeezy taught me.
User Info.
Oh god. I was expecting a tour when I saw the tweets yesterday... This is really shocking and kind of sucks. RFC is the best label along with no sleep its sad to see bands leave. Especially such gems as TWY, MO and Transit. I feel like the next surprise may make me change my mind though. I'm happy for the bands I'm just really shocked. They are two of my favorite bands though so I'll stick by them.
If you read the press releases, you'll see that RFC is still jointly releasing both band's next two releases with Rise. It isn't like they are completely abandoning RFC.
02:18 PM on 12/07/10
Nick Le
Yeezy taught me.
User Info.
Yeah I guess thats true it's similar to what the wonder years are doing too. I don't know I just feel like the label switch makes a huge difference
It isn't like they are changing their sound, who they are, etc. Being on Rise will hopefully give them the push they need, better distribution so their CDs will be available in more stores and stuff. It'll be good for both bands.
02:35 PM on 12/07/10
Nick Le
Yeezy taught me.
User Info.
After reading this thread, I'm convinced that the majority of AP.net users have no clue what they are talking about. This is a great move for both bands and the label. Rise gets some much needed diversity and Transit and Man Overboard will be promoted in ways RFC couldn't. Why is this a bad thing? Is it ba that you'll be able to find Transit and Man Overboard CDs in Hot Topic's all over America and be distributed in major retailers like Best Buy? This is a good thing, and I think it'll be a great fit.
Bingo.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums