AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Comments: Page 16
Displaying posts 225 - 240 of 381
01:10 PM on 12/07/10
kidinthebushes
User Info.
And everyone on this site thought these two bands were going to announce Bamboozle 2011. Pssssh......

Remember, The Years Gone By were on Rise.
01:11 PM on 12/07/10
MattyD
User Info.
I love how they only mention This is Hell and Piebald.
01:19 PM on 12/07/10
Big_Guy
Idle Will Kill
User Info.
Funny how no one cares about Piebald, who are the best band out of the 4.

Nobody cares because they are broken up and rise only released their back catalog. Unless I missed something....
01:19 PM on 12/07/10
PerfectChaos337
User Info.
I don't like either of the 2 bands (maybe I just haven't given them enough of a chance), but no matter what, it is definitely a step up and a good thing that they signed to a label like Rise. I hope they do well on the label, and like everyone else has said - it would suck if this was "TYGB all over again" for them. Hoping for the best though. Glad to see Rise is finally "getting real" with things. A lot of people seem to finally be getting over the whole crabcore/moshchugbrodowncore thing.
01:21 PM on 12/07/10
MALKiiN
User Info.
this sucks. stick to the crabcore and scene kid music. i hate scene kids i dunno if i can listen anymore to these 2 bands the same
01:21 PM on 12/07/10
deisel74
User Info.
i hope to go they dont have to tour with those other bands on there.
01:23 PM on 12/07/10
Rysker6
I am not Tom Delonge
User Info.
Well, it is random but at the same time not too surprising. The "typical band" that many associate with Rise is of the heavier genre, deathcore, whateveryoucanthinkofcore, and the core thing is dying out and beyond stagnant at this point. Good business decision on their part, wonder what MO are going to sound like now.
01:26 PM on 12/07/10
FailureWithinMe
Follow Your Bliss
User Info.
Absolutely not, that was the best part.
Agreed. Good to see that too. Hopefully that's a sign that these two bands won't be pressured into changing anything about themselves. Very happy for them.
01:28 PM on 12/07/10
Jaytothesyg
The Greatest Generation
User Info.
Oh god. I was expecting a tour when I saw the tweets yesterday... This is really shocking and kind of sucks. RFC is the best label along with no sleep its sad to see bands leave. Especially such gems as TWY, MO and Transit. I feel like the next surprise may make me change my mind though. I'm happy for the bands I'm just really shocked. They are two of my favorite bands though so I'll stick by them.
01:28 PM on 12/07/10
FailureWithinMe
Follow Your Bliss
User Info.
And everyone on this site thought these two bands were going to announce Bamboozle 2011. Pssssh......

Remember, The Years Gone By were on Rise.
The timing of that would have fit. And this announcement was completely unexpected, as you can see by just about everyone's reactions.
01:29 PM on 12/07/10
rawspinner
Fight the Cancer
User Info.
Someone called it in the previous thread, but I completely didn't expect it. Hope it leads to great things in the future for both bands.
01:33 PM on 12/07/10
COREhorizon
Get Free
User Info.
Well, wtf week has begun. I can't even imagine what other bands in different genres they sign next.
01:34 PM on 12/07/10
Colinmac36
User Info.
Oh god. I was expecting a tour when I saw the tweets yesterday... This is really shocking and kind of sucks. RFC is the best label along with no sleep its sad to see bands leave. Especially such gems as TWY, MO and Transit. I feel like the next surprise may make me change my mind though. I'm happy for the bands I'm just really shocked. They are two of my favorite bands though so I'll stick by them.
i agree, i dont know why bands wont stick around these two labels, i mean i love everything on both labels, and when i see a new band that has signed to either of these 2 labels i automatically say oh there is a very high percentage of chance that i like this new band, because of my opinion of how solid these two labels are, they both do it right, in an industry full of crap that doesn't.
01:34 PM on 12/07/10
iAMhollyood315
Rest is for the dead
User Info.
people bash rise for the movement of metalcore or whatever you call bands like woe is me and what not but they are the ones that are making the big buck and kids are eating their catalog up like candy from a penny store.
01:35 PM on 12/07/10
stoopkid8215
afraid to leave the stoop.
User Info.
el oh fuckin el

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT