AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Comments: Page 25
Displaying posts 360 - 375 of 379
06:06 AM on 12/08/10
route36west1
User Info.
but you said something like change. And to fit in the roster, its indeed screamo.

It would be absolutely absurd for them to go screamo. More of a change like all time low did. Although I know man overboard and transit won't change.

I also don't know any rise bands that have changed. I don't keep on the majority of their shitty bands.
06:38 AM on 12/08/10
PermanentTourists
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This post is really naive.
How so?
06:41 AM on 12/08/10
cshadows2887
User Info.
The idea that using pitch correction on vocals is somehow incongruous with pop-punk. It just shows you're not familiar with the recording process. There are remarkably few professional producers who don't put some correction on every single vocal they produce. Doesn't make their "pop punk revival" claims any less valid.
06:44 AM on 12/08/10
PermanentTourists
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The idea that using pitch correction on vocals is somehow incongruous with pop-punk. It just shows you're not familiar with the recording process. There are remarkably few professional producers who don't put some correction on every single vocal they produce. Doesn't make their "pop punk revival" claims any less valid.
Not what I meant, or really what I said. And I am familiar with the recording process and know that producers, or even just my friends use it. It's not just about touching up a song. It's when you use to much that the listener, even an average listener, can tell cause you get that robotic feel. And they had that on a few tracks. And when you are trying to come across as this raw, pop-punk revivalist group, that doesn't help you.

That being said I re-listened to it yesterday and it's not as bad as I remember it. Not great, but not a shit show.
06:55 AM on 12/08/10
cshadows2887
User Info.
Not what I meant, or really what I said. And I am familiar with the recording process and know that producers, or even just my friends use it. It's not just about touching up a song. It's when you use to much that the listener, even an average listener, can tell cause you get that robotic feel. And they had that on a few tracks. And when you are trying to come across as this raw, pop-punk revivalist group, that doesn't help you.

That being said I re-listened to it yesterday and it's not as bad as I remember it. Not great, but not a shit show.
That has more to do with being a small-budget band. You're not going to have the time or the means to get production just right, including vocal tuning subtleties. When everything else about that record is so superlative, I can let it go.
07:28 AM on 12/08/10
sammyboy516
User Info.
Oh just cause you did that twice haha

Haha yeah guess it's an easy mistake on this phone
08:34 AM on 12/08/10
ThisIsNotDan
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Finally, the nail in the coffin for this pop punk revival bullshit.
you were giving praise to both of these bands like a year ago. and you have The Wonder Years in your top 20. shut up you joke
08:51 AM on 12/08/10
SincerelyMe
Long live the car crash hearts
User Info.
Maybe I don't follow labels enough, but I don't understand the hate for this. At all. Anyone who's stoked on pop-punk right now should be thrilled for these two bands.
08:57 AM on 12/08/10
TheSlug
User Info.
but really everyone... us and transit are in birmingham right now at rich from all or nothings house... tim from transit is practicing crabcore dance moves and daniel is putting on makeup... GET WORRIED
09:45 AM on 12/08/10
jtyexists9
We shouldnt have abandoned dreaming
User Info.
Lol.
02:08 PM on 12/08/10
Colinmac36
User Info.
Alright thanks man! I'll for sure do that
np you got it!
02:08 PM on 12/08/10
Colinmac36
User Info.
true story nail in the coffin? what a douche
i know right
02:10 PM on 12/08/10
Colinmac36
User Info.
You can go out of state. Also, sweet avatar. Also, hey, you're back.
really alex i was almost 100 % sure you could not.....aha ill check up on that since my test is tomorrow cant wait! and yeah nice to see you my internet got all fucked so it lets me on now again since im running off a new server ill friend ya brotha haha :) and thanks just got the new hostage calm cd for my bday its sick ive been playing it 24/7 favortie cd of the year. haha
05:54 PM on 12/08/10
Krazycev13
I tie a horrible knot.
User Info.
I submitted this too, haha. I was really surprised. Pop punk hasn't reared its head on Rise since The Years Gone By.
07:56 PM on 12/08/10
icynova
Love is easier made than kept!
User Info.
but really everyone... us and transit are in birmingham right now at rich from all or nothings house... tim from transit is practicing crabcore dance moves and daniel is putting on makeup... GET WORRIED
lol awesome.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version