Username
Password
Thrice News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Thrice
Inside AP.net

Invisible Children / Thrice Auctions

Posted by: Rohan Kohli (12/07/10)
Invisible Children is auctioning two stage backdrops from tours early in Thrice's career (supporting The Illusion of Safety and The Artist in the Ambulance). All proceeds will be used to support the work of Invisible Children.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 29
03:17 PM on 12/07/10
Hidden In NJ
Cilvia Demo
User Info.
Interested.
03:19 PM on 12/07/10
Spencer Control
Will you catch me if I blow away?
User Info.
I would get that just for the awesome collector's piece. If I had money.
03:26 PM on 12/07/10
drudo182
You Are Not Alone
User Info.
The Artist one is so awesome.
03:28 PM on 12/07/10
hardpill
Get Well Incentive
User Info.
It's weird to hear Artist and the Ambulance referred to as early career... ah.. whimsical
03:43 PM on 12/07/10
slimfenix182
Registered Member
User Info.
2 of my favorite albums... these are awesome.
03:43 PM on 12/07/10
thesollopsist
Up all night, and down all day
User Info.
Awesome
03:56 PM on 12/07/10
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
Very cool
04:24 PM on 12/07/10
circletheworld
Old Fears New Frontiers
User Info.
I want the illusion of safety one. Wish I had extra money to just blow
04:40 PM on 12/07/10
michealrogers
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Invisible Children is a mockery of a charity. Much like the The Save Darfur campaign, INGO's have no actual mean to implement systematic or local change for those they seek to protect. Instead, they render societies dependent as victims lacking any agency to overcome their own conflict. I do not mean to say that foreign aid is in any way derogative, it feeds, clothes, and vaccinates millions saving countless lives. But to claim to aid child soldiers, is ridiculous. Before you jump down my throat and tell me what an idiot I am, get the facts. See: Makua Mutua - A Political and Cultural Critique of Human Rights or Mahmood Mamdani - Saviors and Survivors or an American, Jack Donnelly - Universal Human Rights. Or save your fucking money, or give to Oxfam: https://secure.oxfamamerica.org/site...1&df_id =4522
04:44 PM on 12/07/10
guitarman2189
User Info.
those are awesome backdrops!
04:49 PM on 12/07/10
S7ranburgLar
We're not for them(and that's cool)
User Info.
Invisible Children is a mockery of a charity. Much like the The Save Darfur campaign, INGO's have no actual mean to implement systematic or local change for those they seek to protect. Instead, they render societies dependent as victims lacking any agency to overcome their own conflict. I do not mean to say that foreign aid is in any way derogative, it feeds, clothes, and vaccinates millions saving countless lives. But to claim to aid child soldiers, is ridiculous. Before you jump down my throat and tell me what an idiot I am, get the facts. See: Makua Mutua - A Political and Cultural Critique of Human Rights or Mahmood Mamdani - Saviors and Survivors or an American, Jack Donnelly - Universal Human Rights. Or save your fucking money, or give to Oxfam: https://secure.oxfamamerica.org/site...1&df_id =4522
I'm not going to call you an idiot, but i am going to call you an asshole.

Set up your own non-profit organization and do it right if they are doing it so wrong.
04:59 PM on 12/07/10
michealrogers
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I'm not going to call you an idiot, but i am going to call you an asshole.

Set up your own non-profit organization and do it right if they are doing it so wrong.
you missed the point. Problems like child warfare must be resolved from within, this is not to say outside aid has no place in the discussion, but until Africans decide child warfare is wrong, nothing you, I, or some yuppies in Orange County or Upper Manhattan is going to do ANYTHING about it.
05:04 PM on 12/07/10
CS Lewis
I gave what I gave. . .
User Info.
Stellar idea. How often do IC auction off tour backdrops? I'd definitely save up for one.
05:39 PM on 12/07/10
Arry
apreeesh
User Info.
that's pretty cool
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives