Password

Album Review

I the Breather - These Are My Sins Album Cover

I the Breather - These Are My Sins

Reviewed by
I the Breather- These Are My Sins
Record Label: Sumerian Records
Release Date: December 7th, 2010
This review is a user submitted review from chiggles. You can see all of chiggles's submitted reviews here.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 17
09:52 AM on 12/25/10
AaRoNpUnK
fuck the thrill of the chase.
User Info.
love this record. not a very well written review..sorry. just imo
01:27 AM on 12/26/10
more heart
Endure and survive
User Info.
I have to agree, not a well written review. Overall, your thesis lacked sufficient support. Like, not once did you refer to a song to illustrate a point you were trying to make. I also wasn't clear why you kept alluding to mosh pits in your review. Honestly, it sounds like you wrote a show review and not one for a studio album. I just think you have a little difficulty articulating your real thoughts about this. Hopefully my constructive criticism helps.

Also, if people are going to be so lazy with RIYLs such as the one in this review, could they just not bother with them?
06:25 PM on 12/26/10
Handraa
.-.-.-.-.
User Info.
I have to agree, not a well written review. Overall, your thesis lacked sufficient support. Like, not once did you refer to a song to illustrate a point you were trying to make. I also wasn't clear why you kept alluding to mosh pits in your review. Honestly, it sounds like you wrote a show review and not one for a studio album. I just think you have a little difficulty articulating your real thoughts about this. Hopefully my constructive criticism helps.

Also, if people are going to be so lazy with RIYLs such as the one in this review, could they just not bother with them?
This. That RIYL is ridiculous, you might not as well not put one. Also, where is the link? This review was just confusing.

EDIT:moreheart! didn't realize that was you haha.
11:06 PM on 12/26/10
chiggles
User Info.

Yeah, there is no excuse for how poor I wrote this. Every other review I wrote was fine, but this one just kills me. :/
11:10 AM on 12/29/10
Of A Machines
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Yeah, there is no excuse for how poor I wrote this. Every other review I wrote was fine, but this one just kills me. :/
just shut up guy. you are a terrible writer. Nothing was profession or well written about this review. Stick to listening and thinking thoughts. Happy new year my friend.
05:08 AM on 12/31/10
Jaimehere
Support local music!
User Info.
should have been

RIYL: August Burns Red using lots of djent
05:57 AM on 01/07/11
kevinAIWW
boner boner boner boner boner boner
User Info.
Repetetetetetive.
08:33 PM on 01/13/11
cococrisp20
3Hunna
User Info.
Pretty good review man, however it is really repetitive and sounds very similar to August Burns Red/For Today etc. but they still have their own sound that is distinguishable and it's an enjoyable album worth a listen. The band like you said is VERY talented and their polyrhythms are unlike anything I've ever heard in another band and they have a lot of potential if they can change their song structure a bit to avoid the chug, breakdown, sweep, tap seen in most of their songs.
09:49 PM on 01/13/11
Jaimehere
Support local music!
User Info.
Pretty good review man, however it is really repetitive and sounds very similar to August Burns Red/For Today etc. but they still have their own sound that is distinguishable and it's an enjoyable album worth a listen. The band like you said is VERY talented and their polyrhythms are unlike anything I've ever heard in another band and they have a lot of potential if they can change their song structure a bit to avoid the chug, breakdown, sweep, tap seen in most of their songs.

their polyrhythms aren't that impressive since so many other bands have began utilizing them because of the "djent" movement, but they really do remind of me of ABR, still like em though
08:20 AM on 01/14/11
cococrisp20
3Hunna
User Info.
their polyrhythms aren't that impressive since so many other bands have began utilizing them because of the "djent" movement, but they really do remind of me of ABR, still like em though
What's the "djent" movement?
02:21 PM on 01/14/11
Jaimehere
Support local music!
User Info.
What's the "djent" movement?

all the bands that are suddenly utilizing Messhuggah-esque riffs, ya know like Periphery & Tesseract for example
03:26 PM on 01/14/11
cococrisp20
3Hunna
User Info.
all the bands that are suddenly utilizing Messhuggah-esque riffs, ya know like Periphery & Tesseract for example
I see...I'm not too big on most metalcore/newer metal bands like Messhuggah so I guess I've never heard them used before in the way these guys use them. I just could never get into that kind of music due to the monotony or "scare factor" some of them are going for, but there are exceptions, like Parkway Drive.
03:32 PM on 01/14/11
Jaimehere
Support local music!
User Info.
I see...I'm not too big on most metalcore/newer metal bands like Messhuggah so I guess I've never heard them used before in the way these guys use them. I just could never get into that kind of music due to the monotony or "scare factor" some of them are going for, but there are exceptions, like Parkway Drive.

dude Meshuggah have been around since the early 90's, they aren't new

if you really wanna know what "djent" is and sounds like go here http://got-djent.com/

tons of great bands and artists here
03:38 PM on 01/14/11
cococrisp20
3Hunna
User Info.
dude Meshuggah have been around since the early 90's, they aren't new

if you really wanna know what "djent" is and sounds like go here http://got-djent.com/

tons of great bands and artists here
Alright, I'll check it out man, and I didn't know they've been around that long, I just know they're on the same scene with bands like Lamb of God.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos