Username
Password
Hawthorne Heights News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Hawthorne Heights
Inside AP.net

Hawthorne Heights Response

Posted by: Rohan Kohli (01/26/07)
Below is a message from Eron of Hawthorne Heights in response to HitsDailyDouble's recent article about the band parting ways with their manager and booking agent (note: the message has been updated since its original posting):
MessageDon't believe the hype, especially from HITS Daily Double (the only "news" site that didn't pick up our story on us suing Victory because Tony is a paying advertiser, but did pick up Tony's countersuit against us...suspicious????). The decision to terminate our agreement with our booking agent and management was purely OURS and not due to poor legal counsel as HITS and Tony would have you believe. We made the decision because we want a fresh start in every sense of the word.

New label, new management, new booking, new record and more. When a football team fires the head coach, all support staff are let go as well (maybe this wasn't totally accurate, perhaps a better analogy is a merger in the corporate world, many times the new regime replaces everyone from the old so there are no residual feelings about the former company). Same idea applies to us.

Our lawyer, Dan Friedman has been the ONLY person that I've met in this entire industry filled with scumbags that I would trust. All this is, is just the most recent tactic of Tony Brummel's to hurt us in the eyes of the industry. He's trying to hurt our reputation and the reputation of our lawyer, (which is completely uncalled for) and build his own back up. Interesting that part of our lawsuit against Tony is about him damaging our reputation in the industry...thanks for further support on this claim!

In regards to Tony suing JT personally, If Tony is that hard up for cash and feels the need to file more ridiculous lawsuits to generate income (because he can't sell records any more), why doesn't he go sue the other three major labels that we have also NOT signed "exclusive recording agreements" with, so he can extort some more money from them? Imagine how big and profitable Victory would be if they treated bands right in the first place (Thursday, Hatebreed, TBS, Atreyu, HH)...he would run the biggest rock label out there right now, not just the "#1 independent label."

Now imagine how much money he would have saved in lawsuits alone. Lawsuits aren't cheap and I can count 5 lawsuits right now that involve us and Victory and I'm not even going to go into the other lawsuits that he's busy fighting between other bands and producers. Perhaps the unfair treatment of bands and the lawsuits that followed are what lead to him being low on cash and therefore unable to promote records properly now?

"If you or someone you know was injured in a car accident, you need someone with the most experience in the court room, call Dyer, Garafolo, Man & Brummel. We'll sue everyone in site and get the money you're owed from someone, anyone, it doesn't matter who its from."

So hurting our reputation, doesn't repair your own, but if he can't have us, no one will I guess. That's mature.

Eron

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 70
09:56 PM on 01/26/07
falloutboy.
yo
User Info.
eron is really good with the media and communicating with the fans..
09:57 PM on 01/26/07
ManicanParty49
Rob Carey Peterson
User Info.
Hmm. This is interesting. I don't really know what to think about all this yet.
09:58 PM on 01/26/07
samantha b-face
set the building on fire
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
this doesnt facinate me
and does this mean they havent started their new record?
cause i thought they were recording right now
09:59 PM on 01/26/07
callingallcars
remember us 4 all we pretend 2 be
User Info.
they can write a song about it, i wonder if they stood outside his window with a radio?
Khaos
Can I Save Myself?
User Info.
HITS blows anyway...
xearlynovemberx
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
hahhaha, fuckin a
10:00 PM on 01/26/07
SecrectsLost
User Info.
Thats crazy
10:06 PM on 01/26/07
tonighttonight0
Rode the El Niņo
User Info.
gotta love how eron handles all this shit...probably one of the most level headed people out there
10:10 PM on 01/26/07
ShervonEsf
Vote Obama '08
User Info.
whatever. theyre still whack.
10:14 PM on 01/26/07
emiliodelgado
User Info.
ml dlgd lvs hwthrn hghts <3<3xoxoxoxoxoxox0

no but seriously, as much as i dislike their cd they are great dudes.
10:32 PM on 01/26/07
I.O
stunner
User Info.
DEAR TONY:
cut my wrists and black my eyes.
(Cut my wrists and black my eyes)
So I can fall asleep tonight, or die.
Because you kill me.
You know you do, you kill me well.
You like it too, and I can tell.
You never stop until my final breath is gone
10:32 PM on 01/26/07
NJUNDERDOG
I HAVE RECORDS FOR SALE, PM ME
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
very intelligent guy. i hope he knows hes wrong about the football remark. when the head coach gets fired they still keep alot if not all of the assistant coaches and other personel. if they fired everyone the team would be pretty crappy the next season, maybe foreshadowing their own future.
10:40 PM on 01/26/07
saysmydoctor
Resident New Yorker
User Info.
Next, they'll fire JT.
10:48 PM on 01/26/07
callingallcars
remember us 4 all we pretend 2 be
User Info.
"ml dlgd lvs hwthrn hghts <3<3xoxoxoxoxoxox0"

i mean is this not the most emo twelve year old thing ever?
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums