Username
Password
Hawthorne Heights News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 70.
11:00 PM on 01/26/07
illusion
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
"Our lawyer, Dan Friedman has been the ONLY person that I've met in this entire industry filled with scumbags that I would trust." doesnt exactly negate the rumor...
11:07 PM on 01/26/07
for.the.love
User Info.
Tony Brummel is nothing but a hot-headed bully that has bitten off more than he can chew. Maybe if half of his staff hadn't quit, then maybe he wouldn't be sueing everyone and their mother. Here's a thought, invest money into your bands and maybe they won't try to move to a label who will actually pay them! It's not rocket science.
11:15 PM on 01/26/07
I.O
stunner
User Info.
Tony Brummel is nothing but a hot-headed bully that has bitten off more than he can chew. Maybe if half of his staff hadn't quit, then maybe he wouldn't be sueing everyone and their mother. Here's a thought, invest money into your bands and maybe they won't try to move to a label who will actually pay them! It's not rocket science.

Why should he? Tony already has a collection of bands waiting to take over where HH left off. What is happening now is not a huge surprise. The band knew before they ever signed anything with victory, tonys reputation, as well as what might possibly happen to them.

I am not saying the situation is right, but its the truth. Some of my favorite bands and members of bands, are screwed from ever releasing anyhting again because of victory. The fact is, they will admit they were wrong to sign with the label in the begining. It's the price you pay.
12:07 AM on 01/27/07
uhhimetgreenday
User Info.
The scumbag remark does go against his statement that firing the management and booking agent, is nothing against them, but it surprises me. I'm a booking agent for a music venue and have worked many times with Jeremy Holgerson, he's one of the nicer agents i've worked on shows with he's gone out of his way to hook my venue up with good shows. Eh, but i'm sure there's a lot I don't know or they're not saying.
02:14 AM on 01/27/07
underthetalking
La Marea Roja
User Info.
very intelligent guy. i hope he knows hes wrong about the football remark. when the head coach gets fired they still keep alot if not all of the assistant coaches and other personel. if they fired everyone the team would be pretty crappy the next season, maybe foreshadowing their own future.

Yeah, and a lot of the time, when the coach is fired, someone below him is promoted to the position.
02:59 AM on 01/27/07
ivo
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
strange that this is the first band that has such problems with Victory. If you sign a recorddeal you have to respect it, that's my opinion. Like Eron compares it football: A player can't leave when he has a contract. Think before you act... maybe it is better that they just keep silent for now and try to find a solution with victory outside of court.
04:42 AM on 01/27/07
emptyvictory
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
strange that this is the first band that has such problems with Victory. If you sign a recorddeal you have to respect it, that's my opinion. Like Eron compares it football: A player can't leave when he has a contract. Think before you act... maybe it is better that they just keep silent for now and try to find a solution with victory outside of court.

if you have been following the nut house called victory records you would know HH is at least the fourth major band on the label to have major issues with wack job brummel. Respect works both ways, hell bruimmel still owes past bands thousands of dollars and is in legal trouble cuz of it.
05:44 AM on 01/27/07
thatwasamoment
RICH GANNON WAR WAGON
User Info.
HH sucks, Brummel sucks, the end.

They both lost focus of the music. This shit is annoying.
06:17 AM on 01/27/07
jake_rm
Unregistered User
User Info.

LOL
07:02 AM on 01/27/07
chanmander
hip-hop isnt dead
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
eron is an awesome dude, real straight up and legit. fuckin awesome he said scumbags, one of the greatest words of the english language.

as for finding new representation...they are a well enough established band to not really worry about finding another booking agent and manager. i am sure they already have people knocking on their door. any legal issues don't effect a manager/booking agent's cuts in the biz, so that stuff won't be of any concern.

and whoever asked about the new record..i spoke with eron a few days ago and he mentioned they had about 17songs so far.

i also got word from another source, not within the band, about a fat ass tour they will be on this summer. so trust me, hawthorne is in no danger right now even after firing their mgr. and ba.
07:04 AM on 01/27/07
emiliodelgado
User Info.
"ml dlgd lvs hwthrn hghts <3<3xoxoxoxoxoxox0"

i mean is this not the most emo twelve year old thing ever?
lol i hope you understood that was sarcasm.
07:20 AM on 01/27/07
Matt_Dizzle
User Info.
hmmm.interesting.
07:30 AM on 01/27/07
blender
Web Developer
User Info.
i still don't understand why they let the booking agent go

their reasoning just isn't logical
07:35 AM on 01/27/07
MoneyMaker
User Info.
i think tony brummel should catch the plague
08:18 AM on 01/27/07
chanmander
hip-hop isnt dead
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
the lawsuit was in the works far before the fusion tour...
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums