lightcollapse
on the edge of summer
User Info.
Best list so far.
04:27 PM on 12/21/10
Castle Builders
Been fly since I was a young larvae
User Info.
At first I thought I was reading Strike Anywhere's list and was really confused.
05:03 PM on 12/21/10
DSaysHey
Slackerpop
User Info.
At first I thought I was reading Strike Anywhere's list and was really confused.
love this
07:31 PM on 12/22/10
jeffanything
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

Boo your face. Why boo?
07:39 PM on 12/22/10
jeffanything
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

Thank you!
I actually just got Wild Nothing- Gemini and Happy Birthday- s/t and I wish I would have put them on this list. Oh well. Check em out.
12:02 AM on 12/23/10
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
User Info.
Boo your face. Why boo?

It's very generic, lcd, Ariel, surfer, deerhunter all make me want to shoot my ears and fall asleep simultaneously. There is a lot of better, more exciting and innovative music from this year
01:03 AM on 12/23/10
lightcollapse
on the edge of summer
User Info.
Thank you!
I actually just got Wild Nothing- Gemini and Happy Birthday- s/t and I wish I would have put them on this list. Oh well. Check em out.

Also two of the best of the year. What did you think about the Male Bonding album?
07:58 AM on 12/23/10
jeffanything
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Also two of the best of the year. What did you think about the Male Bonding album?

I haven't heard it but I'll be sure to check it out.
08:16 AM on 12/23/10
irthesteve
User Info.
I can accept that statement but honestly it took a lot out of me to even listen to anything from this year. I wasn't that impressed by anything else and exciting or innovation aren't really things I look for in music. I like good songs. Instead of being a pompous prick, why don't you give me your top 10 and I'll listen to them.
haha, trying not to be a prick, sorry. Just am not a fan of the pictchfork-low-fi-sleepy-indie-pseudo-dance movement. My list consists of

Sufjan Stevens
Kanye West
Sleigh Bells
Steel Train
Foxy Shazam
Wild Orchid Children
Gold Motel
The Naked and Famous
Good Old War
Girl Talk

I am just a much bigger fan of good melodies and production that doesn't sound like it came from a cave. I highly suggest giving a try to any of my picks if you missed any of them
08:17 AM on 12/23/10
jeffanything
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
It's very generic, lcd, Ariel, surfer, deerhunter all make me want to shoot my ears and fall asleep simultaneously. There is a lot of better, more exciting and innovative music from this year
I didn't enjoy much from this year. I found some great records from the early 90's though that I couldn't put on a list for this year unfortunately.
The bands in your current playlist aren't impressive. At all.
08:21 AM on 12/23/10
jeffanything
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
haha, trying not to be a prick, sorry. Just am not a fan of the pictchfork-low-fi-sleepy-indie-pseudo-dance movement. My list consists of

Sufjan Stevens
Kanye West
Sleigh Bells
Steel Train
Foxy Shazam
Wild Orchid Children
Gold Motel
The Naked and Famous
Good Old War
Girl Talk

I am just a much bigger fan of good melodies and production that doesn't sound like it came from a cave. I highly suggest giving a try to any of my picks if you missed any of them
It actually takes a lot of skill to make a recording that sounds like deerhunters new record. Quincy jones' son did the new Ariel pink.
Kanye? That record doesn't do anything for me. Steel train? Ha. Honestly I come from a different background in music. My favorite record from 5th grade is misits- evil live. Ever heard that record? My bloody valentine- loveless is my stranded island record and most people think it sounds broken. It's all opinion and it's rude for you to say "boo" about another persons list.
08:29 AM on 12/23/10
irthesteve
User Info.
It actually takes a lot of skill to make a recording that sounds like deerhunters new record. Quincy jones' son did the new Ariel pink.
Kanye? That record doesn't do anything for me. Steel train? Ha. Honestly I come from a different background in music. My favorite record from 5th grade is misits- evil live. Ever heard that record? My bloody valentine- loveless is my stranded island record and most people think it sounds broken. It's all opinion and it's rude for you to say "boo" about another persons list.
we could argue about this for days, but it sounds like your current tastes bore me to death whereas it seems your argument is that you don't like to listen outside your comfort zone of musical tastes. I wouldn't mind if you said boo at my list, but how many of what i listed are you willing to give a try? i have given a chance to 6 of your list and the only one that stuck a little is LCD because the opening track is amazing

Also, you can't really "ha" at the new Steel Train when you have Miniature Tigers on your list, they are practically cut from different sides of the same cloth
09:07 AM on 12/23/10
jeffanything
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
we could argue about this for days, but it sounds like your current tastes bore me to death whereas it seems your argument is that you don't like to listen outside your comfort zone of musical tastes. I wouldn't mind if you said boo at my list, but how many of what i listed are you willing to give a try? i have given a chance to 6 of your list and the only one that stuck a little is LCD because the opening track is amazing

Also, you can't really "ha" at the new Steel Train when you have Miniature Tigers on your list, they are practically cut from different sides of the same cloth
Sufjan Stevens- not impressed and that's coming from someone that has enjoyed many of his other CDs
Kanye West- didn't enjoy, and this was on pitchforks 50 btw.
Sleigh Bells- over hyped and not that enjoyable.
Steel Train- not like miniature tigers to me at all and bad songs with an annoying voice.
Foxy Shazam- havent heard
Wild Orchid Children- they told me "ram" is the best "beetles" record so needless to say I didn't pick this one up.
Gold Motel- haven't heard
The Naked and Famous- haven't heard
Good Old War- so many songs that sound the same.
Girl Talk- I can barely consider mash-ups music. And I didn't enjoy it.

I think I see the problem here: you need to smoke more weed to enjoy the production on most of my top 10 records. You have no idea what my current tastes are from this list. Again, I mainly listen to music that was not made in this year. Check out Lilys- in the presence of nothing, Pale Saints- the comfort of madness, and Wild Nothing- gemini (which was made this year) and you will see what kind of stuff I'm into as of this past month. I doubt you have ever listened to my bloody valentine and if that's the case I suggest you download loveless and isn't anything. Your music taste seems to be very generic from your list and it would do you some good to expand it.
Also, I listen to a pretty wide array of music, random from bossanova to the strangest punk you have probably never heard so you are off about my argument. My arguement is that you are closed minded about the "Pitchfork-lo-fi-indie-blah blah blah."
You're 22 so I'm not surprised at all by your choices this year. Talk to me in 5 years.
Options

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS
Mobile Version