Username
Password
General Announcement News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
General Announcement
Inside AP.net

Greeley Estates' Bassist Leaves Band

Posted by: Jared Kaufman (01/31/07)
Greeley Estates bassist Josh Appleback is leaving the band.
StatementFor the past two and a half years I've lived out a dream of mine; traveling the country playing music with friends. It certainly hasn't always been easy, and it hasn't always been fun, but it has always been worth the work. I've had the oppurtunity to tour with bands that I admire and respect and some of the dudes in those bands have impacted my life in awesome ways. Two full Warped Tours, Taste of Chaos, and a dozen national tours with unforgettable memories to last a lifetime. Wait a second, did I actually tour with Billy Idol?!

I've loved contributing to a band that is truly special. My bandmates authentically care about their fans, and are genuinely good guys. I'd like to think that people could see something different in us. That upon meeting us, they would walk away feeling like they were appreciated and valued.

I've been blessed with some abilities, gifts, and talents. Playing music is one of them, but there are many others that are difficult to put to full use while touring nearly ten months of the year. When I started playing with Greeley, my passion for impacting kids in the classroom became impacting kids at their local music venues, and now my passions and dreams are changing again. I'm back at Arizona State now and will be getting my degree in biology education within the next year. I'm so excited to finish school and move on to even bigger passions and dreams.

An immeasurable amount of thought and careful consideration has gone into this decision, and I can honestly say I am leaving without any regrets. The greatest regret could come from not being true to my bandmates, to our fans, and to myself.

There are many people who made my time with Greeley the incredible experience that it has been. Stewart & Judi Teggart have been one of the biggest driving forces behind Greeley Estates for the past few years. They have cared for us as their own, guiding us through the pitfalls of the music industry, and loving us on a level far beyond professional. Stewart's unbreakable spirit has gotten us through tough times, and his enthusiasm has made the sweet moments even sweeter. Thank you Stewart!

My family has always been behind me. They supported me in my decision to put school on hold to follow my dreams in music. They pushed through crowds of kids in heavy eyeliner and tight jeans to watch me live in the moment. And now they have supported me in my return home. Guaranteed, the person saddest to see me leave Greeley Estates is my mom. Thank you, I love you.

Thank you to my friends here at home in Arizona and everyone across the US and Canada who has supported me and my bandmates. In coming to our shows, buying merchandise, and spoiling us with gifts and meals and more, you have kept us going.

I'm thankful that in parting, my relationships with Ryan, Brandon, Dallas, and Brian will remain strong as ever, as we all agree that my leaving is best for the band. Thank you for being such a huge part of my life these past couple of years. I feel like we've grown in ways we probably will never realize. Thank you for all of it. Word.

My final show will be Saturday Feb 10th at The Clubhouse, and I'd love to see all of you there!

"…you lose it all when you stop dreaming…" –Life Is A Garden

Submitted By: rickmo

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 29
08:39 AM on 01/31/07
merod90
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Noo! I love greeley estates they are an amazing band...at least i got to see them at warped tour =[
08:39 AM on 01/31/07
love_american_style
User Info.
this band used to be good
08:41 AM on 01/31/07
melvicious
oh.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
he's hot.
haha

and this band is full of nice d00ds.
08:45 AM on 01/31/07
xerovision1
lies
User Info.
this band suxxxx.
08:47 AM on 01/31/07
love_american_style
User Info.
he's hot.
haha

and this band is full of nice d00ds.

the singer signed my girlfriends underwear....he was pretty cool
08:50 AM on 01/31/07
hxchairstylist
Hair on Mars
User Info.
Admirable decision. Best of luck to him in the future.
08:50 AM on 01/31/07
melvicious
oh.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
the singer signed my girlfriends underwear....he was pretty cool
haha he's hot t00

/fangrrrl moments.
08:52 AM on 01/31/07
rickmo
Fear of growing older
User Info.
Josh is definitely one of the coolest guys I have ever known. He was a Young Life leader at my high school long before he joined GE and hasn't changed one bit. I was never into Greeley, but he's one of the coolest guys on this planet.

Good Luck teaching Josh!!!
09:03 AM on 01/31/07
ihatecayte
the immaculate confection
User Info.
aww, at least he's leaving for a good reason.
09:29 AM on 01/31/07
blindluckmusic
User Info.
his replacement will be amazing
09:32 AM on 01/31/07
of_the_rose
sounds prettier in spanish
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
his replacement will be amazing

For sure.

Word on the street is that it is Brad (ex-Versus the Mirror)
09:35 AM on 01/31/07
blindluckmusic
User Info.
yup
09:50 AM on 01/31/07
Matt_Dizzle
User Info.
nooo. =/
11:05 AM on 01/31/07
Oneurwaitingfor
User Info.
No Avatar Selected