Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 24 of 24
11:02 PM on 12/31/10
narca9
killed the beast!
User Info.
Weird. I was just thinking about how the record was probably my best of 2010.
09:20 AM on 01/01/11
narca9
killed the beast!
User Info.
I think this review just sums up all of what is wrong with record reviews on this site
94% = are you fucking kidding me
yeah, the record has a good message behind it and yeah, i guess it is pretty decent compared to other records released this year in the genre but by no means does it deserve 94%. Every record I listen 2 I do personal reviews for them and the highest I've ever given a record is 9.2 or 92%, and that was for Clarity, and the upsides is not nearly as good
Yeah brah your reviews are so legit. You're so indie maaaan.

/tool
10:10 AM on 01/01/11
myfirstpunksong
http://aberdeenharbour.bandcamp. com
User Info.
I think this review just sums up all of what is wrong with record reviews on this site
yeah, the record has a good message behind it and yeah, i guess it is pretty decent compared to other records released this year in the genre but by no means does it deserve 94%. Every record I listen 2 I do personal reviews for them and the highest I've ever given a record is 9.2 or 92%, and that was for Clarity, and the upsides is not nearly as good
Couldn't agree more. There are so many ridiculously high scores for reviews on this website. It's to the point where I don't really see any credibility in the reviews on this site and don't really get excited when I see a high score because they are so common. It's a shame, but I don't really mind going elsewhere for reviews.

Btw - I haven't really listened to this record so I'm not dissing this album or review in particular, just read that comment and generally agreed so thought I'd jump on.
12:14 PM on 01/01/11
Aziraphale
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
harping was probably the wrong word, but it felt very forced.
you can't talk about their progression and ignore what they progressed from. end of story

The word "progression" was not used in my review. "transform" was used, referencing the fact that, to me, this record came out of nowhere. There is no comparison to any past material, because it doesn't compare in any way, shape, or form.
12:19 PM on 01/01/11
Aziraphale
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

The score is relative. Clearly, I think this album is not only the best of the year, but one of the best I've heard in a long time. I don't score albums that I "like" highly, I score albums that I LOVE highly. What's the difference between you scoring a record that you love a 92% and me scoring a record that I love a 94%? Thats two points difference, so I really don't see your point.
01:12 PM on 01/01/11
jerfman
This is the sound of settling.
User Info.
While I can empathize with some people thinking USER reviews are giving too high of scores, I would like to point the following:
1. This user obviously really enjoyed this record, probably just as much as I did. When you feel the lyrics as if they speak right to you, it tends to hit home pretty hard, and you enjoy it that much more. For me at least this record went beyond catchy, it became a 40 some minutes anthem.
2. Users are biased, they aren't restricted by the rules of trying to be fair like the professionals.

Good review friend, I can agree with pretty much the whole thing

EDIT: That was a lot longer than I meant it to be >.<
05:57 PM on 01/02/11
savesthenj
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Yeah brah your reviews are so legit. You're so indie maaaan.

/tool
exactly
06:00 PM on 01/02/11
savesthenj
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The word "progression" was not used in my review. "transform" was used, referencing the fact that, to me, this record came out of nowhere. There is no comparison to any past material, because it doesn't compare in any way, shape, or form.
Great review! Completely agree, other than that there is a bit of a progression from Get stoked on it to Won't Be Pathetic Forever to The Upsides. But Upsides blows away everything.
08:03 AM on 01/03/11
DylanPPPP
Don't ya like clowns?!
User Info.
Damn this review destroys mine! Such great points about an already amazing album. Now all I've got left are these hand fulls of , but I give them with love

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos