AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Interview: What Hands Are For - 12.20.10

What Hands Are For - 12.20.10

Interviewed by
What Hands Are For - 12.20.10The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:

What Hands Are For

www.myspace.com/whathandsarefor
facebook.com/whathandsarefor
www.whathandsarefor.com,

1. How did you get your band name?
Daniel made a joke about how a lot of bands at the time were named after songs from The Smiths, we made more jokes, listened to The Smiths, and we pulled our band name from "Handsome Devil" by The Smiths...go figure.

2. How did this band get started?
Jon, Kenny, and AJ were the remnants of a small local band that split up. Kenny and Daniel met in a college math class and started eyeing each other, then the eyeing intensified until Kenny yelled in Daniel's face "BE IN MY BAND!" and I...he was like, "A'ight!". Thinking he witnessed something divine the professor peed a little bit. Daniel and Kenny instructed that math class for the remainder of that quarter with our rock.

3. What bands are you influenced by?
At the Drive-In, Fugazi, The Kinison, Big-L, Notorious B.I.G., The Smiths, The Blood Brothers and too many more.

4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
The Sex Pistols, the only time they toured the U.S.! Why? Because I would love to witness the tension/terror, how uncomfortable they were, and the moments leading up to their destruction. They would fucking hate us, it would be so perfect.

5. If you were a furry, what animal would you be? Why that animal?
The people that sex it up in the costumes right? I would be an anteater...it would be funny because I am not circumcised...but not “haha” funny.

6. Why should people listen to your band?
We try to be as honest as possible with our music. We mean everything we say and everything we write. None of our songs are about girls... shit's garbage.

7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, what song would you want in the game? How hard do you think it would be to five-star on expert?
"Push Waves." The degree of difficulty in receiving a five-star on expert cannot be understood by the human psyche...scientists are puzzled.

8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
What would Suge Knight say?

9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
Nothing, it seems like a pretty nice place with nice people with ethics...I think.

10. Memorable tour experience?
Todd Wilcox, of Damnturbo Design, came along for a tour and he clogged every toilet we came across with his bread-loaf-sized shits. He literally had to remove one of the loafs from a toilet in Portland and throw it away outside because it would not go down the hole.

11. What does AP.net mean to you?
Anus penis. Ever seen one? Kind of looks like the tip of a basic cable plug.

12. What is your favorite song to play?
"Deer Country." It is super fast live and intense.

13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
San Felipe,Baja California.

14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Boyz II Men

15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
To turn invisible whenever I felt like it. I would have never gone to jail.

16. Do you feel that your band has "made it"?
Not until we hit rock bottom, spent our sales on our raging drug problem and can't stand each other...that is how we will know we made it. Until then, we keep pushing... that's our goal.

17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
Kenny has a degree in Bio-Chemistry, Jon in Creative Writing, and Daniel in Mass Communications. Tino always has more money than you. AJ acts different when he drinks.

18. What's your favorite holiday?
Fourth of July, fireworks. Final answer.

19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Drink until we feel different, write music, play sports, and read a good magazine.

20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
We have a hidden talent of getting kicked out of just about anywhere we go.

Displaying posts 1 - 3 of 3
02:55 PM on 12/23/10
TheRxBandit
nope.avi
User Info.
Awesome band.
10:56 AM on 12/24/10
BlackHeartInert
is CaliforniaFlow on VC
User Info.
My favorite local band. You guys rule.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE