Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 20 of 20
04:26 AM on 02/01/11
DylanPPPP
Don't ya like clowns?!
User Info.
Chug breakdowns sound so weak after hearing a well executed open breakdown.

Exactly. And since making that post, I found ONE chugging breakdown by Underoath. Just one! And the chugging only lasts for about 5 seconds, and it's actually very well placed.
12:37 PM on 02/01/11
emcktrevor
User Info.
Exactly. And since making that post, I found ONE chugging breakdown by Underoath. Just one! And the chugging only lasts for about 5 seconds, and it's actually very well placed.
"Everyone Looks So Good From Here" right? That song also has a blast beat at the end.
02:02 PM on 02/01/11
DylanPPPP
Don't ya like clowns?!
User Info.
"Everyone Looks So Good From Here" right? That song also has a blast beat at the end.

Precisly.
08:19 AM on 03/28/11
PureBlueSF
ur not even pop punk
User Info.
I'm not a fan of underoath, but I did have a chance of seeing them as the opener to A Day To Remember, and they played after The Word Alive and Close Your Eyes, and believe me, a good amount of the crowd lost interest during Underoath, but during the other bands everyone was going nuts. Isn't it true they not even have any founding members anymore?

I see what you mean though, most breakdowns are chugging, but Underoath isn't the greatest example to use as a band who still has great breakdowns without chugging, at least from my perspective.

Which show did you go to? I went to the one here in Clifton Park/Albany, New York and people seemed to be going just as wild for Underoath as they were for The Word Alive and A Day To Remember. Close Your Eyes was actually the band that people seemed disinterested in.
08:28 AM on 03/28/11
cococrisp20
3Hunna
User Info.
Which show did you go to? I went to the one here in Clifton Park/Albany, New York and people seemed to be going just as wild for Underoath as they were for The Word Alive and A Day To Remember. Close Your Eyes was actually the band that people seemed disinterested in.
I saw them in Allentown PA, people were pretty quiet for Close Your Eyes until they played "Song For the Broken" and like fifteen people and myself rushed on stage for the chant part. People were crazy for The Word Alive as well, Underoath was a buzzkill that show, then ADTR just did what they always do and didn't disappoint.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos