AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Tour Dates News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Skins Tour

Posted by - 01:53 AM on 12/24/10
The Wombats, Katy B and Bombay Bicycle Club are among the artists taking part in the "Skins 2011 Tour". The 8 towns that have been chosen are the hometowns of 8 new characters from the UK TV show. Check the dates in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 15
01:53 AM on 12/24/10
Kyle Huntington
GIVEN TO THE WILD
User Info.
Tour DatesBristol Syndicate (January 19, Morning Parade, Bombay Bicycle Club DJs, Wilder)
Swansea Monkey Café (20, Katy B, Nero DJ, Jagga)
Hereford Saxtys (21, Kissy Sellout DJ)
Ashford Liquid Envy (22, Devlin)
Edinburgh The Caves (25, Kid Adrift)
London Coronet (27, Pulled Apart By Horses, Mona, Midnight Beast)
Brighton Pier (28, Morning Parade, Beardyman, Doorly)
Oxford O2 Academy (29, The Wombats, Trophy Wife, The Good Natured)
01:54 AM on 12/24/10
Kyle Huntington
GIVEN TO THE WILD
User Info.
Fucking LOL at there being a date in Ashford, and therefore a character from Ashford. Can't believe my scummy hometown is gonna be featured/represented.
04:37 AM on 12/24/10
j-dogg_69
At Full Speed
User Info.
Skins has been nothing but absolute tripe since series 3. And series 2 was a huge disappointment...
05:27 AM on 12/24/10
yniq
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Skins has been nothing but absolute tripe since series 3. And series 2 was a huge disappointment...

Idk about HUGE disappointment, but definitely downhill from series 1. I think after the success of series 1 they just tried too hard and it ended up being just way too dark and sad.
I was actually too lazy to finish watching the series halfway through although I eventually did it. Idek what to expect from series 3 now.
05:27 AM on 12/24/10
Maxwell
awefaeeeeeeef
User Info.
Fucking LOL at there being a date in Ashford, and therefore a character from Ashford. Can't believe my scummy hometown is gonna be featured/represented.

I feel the same way about there being a Swansea date lol. I think the only date I would consider going to is kissy sellout in hereford. Faux-hipster tour of the year for sure.
08:51 AM on 12/24/10
_all_star_me_
User Info.
I love Skins. If you are complaining about it, I can't even imagine what your response will be when America yet again spoils another great British show.
08:59 AM on 12/24/10
amorning_ofsleep
Drink 23 more
User Info.
At least this isn't for the American remake. God that's going to be shit.
09:23 AM on 12/24/10
Paulb-182
opentofire.bandcamp.com
User Info.
Skins is so shit. Feel sorry for any bands who feel the need to have to be associated with it.
10:03 AM on 12/24/10
NervousDestiny
no one just is...
User Info.
the first generation was so good, i loved those characters. but generation 2 was a lot less likeable. and now there's going to be the us skins, and they're just straight ripping off the story of series 1.
10:17 AM on 12/24/10
j-dogg_69
At Full Speed
User Info.
Idk about HUGE disappointment, but definitely downhill from series 1. I think after the success of series 1 they just tried too hard and it ended up being just way too dark and sad.
I was actually too lazy to finish watching the series halfway through although I eventually did it. Idek what to expect from series 3 now.
Will this not be series 5 or 6???

Series 2 was ridiculous, Tony (that right?) had huge head injuries at the beginning of the series yet by the end was close to being back to normal?? no chance that could happen! What made series 1 great was the way each episode was based on one character, and then the last 2 or 3 brought them altogether, was a different idea I thought. Only good thing about any episode after series 2 was Superhans turning up in one episode!

(Sorry I wasn't attacking you there, was just a general statement!)
05:49 PM on 12/24/10
howisyourheart?
@alexmahoney
User Info.
monkey café in swansea is a 5/10 minute walk from my house...
if this was a few years ago, i'd be all over it.
12:29 PM on 12/25/10
yniq
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Will this not be series 5 or 6???

Series 2 was ridiculous, Tony (that right?) had huge head injuries at the beginning of the series yet by the end was close to being back to normal?? no chance that could happen! What made series 1 great was the way each episode was based on one character, and then the last 2 or 3 brought them altogether, was a different idea I thought. Only good thing about any episode after series 2 was Superhans turning up in one episode!

(Sorry I wasn't attacking you there, was just a general statement!)
By series 2, I meant the second generation (season 3-4).

haha, but yes I agree with the thing with Tony. I guess I wouldn't mind it so much if it's just a normal tv series, but they kind of labeled themselves as being 'realistic', 'relatable' and all those stuff while that, along with the storyline of the second generation, is just not it.
03:38 PM on 12/25/10
j-dogg_69
At Full Speed
User Info.
By series 2, I meant the second generation (season 3-4).

haha, but yes I agree with the thing with Tony. I guess I wouldn't mind it so much if it's just a normal tv series, but they kind of labeled themselves as being 'realistic', 'relatable' and all those stuff while that, along with the storyline of the second generation, is just not it.

Awww I get you now! Oh and to add to your point about it supposed to being 'realistic' have people notice how the majority of young students now believe that is the way to act?? So fuxking annoying!
03:31 PM on 12/26/10
yniq
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Awww I get you now! Oh and to add to your point about it supposed to being 'realistic' have people notice how the majority of young students now believe that is the way to act?? So fuxking annoying!
oh god I have the exact same thought. and yet everytime I told my friends this they always looked at me like "dude.. chill" kinda look. I personally would imagine if I was like.. 14 when I watched it, I probably would have thought "hey, Effy's sooo cool! She smokes! She does drugs! She has crazy monkey sex and almost no self worth most of the time! If I do all that, I'll be cool too!"

My friend was telling me how one of her friends told her that Skins is better than those shallow dumb American TV shows because it's deep and meaningful and all that, and I kinda got mad. Don't get me wrong, I like Skins, I watch all the episodes. And yes, those American tv shows are shallow, dumb.. whatever, you can talk trash all you want about them. At least when ppl watch those, they know that they're supposed to be fictive. Skins is just sending all the wrong message to the younger kids.

Oh gosh sorry if I went into this rant. idk why but these things can really get under my skin sometimes.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos