Username
Password

12:19 PM on 05/19/11 
User Info.
ZeoVGM
PINK WIG, THICK ASS.
Bridgewater, MA
Male - 28 Years Old
Wow, I was a little worried but the album is fantastic. There's a couple tracks I'm not a fan of ("Americano" is awful) just like TF//TFM but overall, a damn great album.

"Electric Chapel", "Heavy Metal Lover", "Bad Kids", and "Scheiße" are amazing.

As of now, I do like the TF/TFM combo more but that's a pretty high bar to reach. I do feel like this album takes a little longer to digest though.
07:00 PM on 05/21/11 
User Info.
ZeoVGM
PINK WIG, THICK ASS.
Bridgewater, MA
Male - 28 Years Old
I fucking love this album, officially. I dont like "Americano" and I think "Highway Unicorn" is meh, but the rest is gold.
07:03 PM on 05/21/11 
User Info.
ZeoVGM
PINK WIG, THICK ASS.
Bridgewater, MA
Male - 28 Years Old
It better not be.

Honestly though, every song on The Fame Monster could have been a single. "Dance in the Dark" could have been huge as well. But yeah, I'm really surprised she never released "Monster" as a single.

The fact that "I Like it Rough" was never a single blows my mind, personally.
10:03 AM on 05/23/11 
User Info.
ZeoVGM
PINK WIG, THICK ASS.
Bridgewater, MA
Male - 28 Years Old
omg. This thread keeps screwing up for me. Wouldn't let me go past page 89 unless I posted.
10:29 AM on 05/23/11 
User Info.
ZeoVGM
PINK WIG, THICK ASS.
Bridgewater, MA
Male - 28 Years Old
If I liked Gaga, I would be so embarrassed by the pathetic tricks she's pulling to be able to report impressive first day sales. If I had any interest in the album, I'd still download it illegally because that shit is aggravating.

Uh, what "pathetic tricks" is she pulling exactly?

Or are you confusing Lady Gaga with Amazon using brilliant marketing to push their cloud program?

And you do realize she has little (if anything) to do with the marketing, right?

And that Soundscan doesn't count Amazon downloads?

For someone in a band, you don't seem to know how the industry works and are quick to attack fellow artists.

Yeah because I'm sure she's in the dark about everything done to promote her.

Good point.

"So, Ms. Gaga, we want to sell your album for 99 cents for a day. It'll get your music out their and be GREAT for our site as well."

"WHAT!? HOW DARE YOU PROMOTE ME. FUCK OFF. I ONLY WANT PEOPLE SPENDING $15 FOR MY MUSIC. AND ON A PHYSICAL COPY."
10:33 AM on 05/23/11 
User Info.
ZeoVGM
PINK WIG, THICK ASS.
Bridgewater, MA
Male - 28 Years Old

Haha. Typical non-response.
12:03 PM on 05/23/11 
User Info.
ZeoVGM
PINK WIG, THICK ASS.
Bridgewater, MA
Male - 28 Years Old
what's so disappointing about this album is that Lady Gaga has a lot of talent (as seen on Saturday with the piano version of Edge of Glory), but she buries it with repetitive club beats and pandering to her fans. If you want to make the "album of the decade," then you gotta make the album for yourself, and I feel like she didn't do that with Born This Way. What made Kanye's last album a critical darling was that he went into the studio and made an album that wasn't following trends or pandering to fans, and to some extent that was what Gaga did with The Fame Monster, which is why that is regarded so highly. She didn't make it for the fans, she made it for herself, she dug deep within herself and released her best songs. In terms of what this will sell, it won't be seen as a failure, but musically it is. Hopefully her fourth album is an album she makes for herself.

I don't agree with that actually. When I listened to it, I felt it was for herself. I guess if you find the beats "repetitive club beats", that's obvously a problem that's hard to argue against. I just disagree and I don't see how "Government Hooker" or "Bad Kids" or "Bloody Mary" fit that description. Also, I'd say the song topics don't fit well in clubs. There's a lot of Jesus thrown around in there. I kind of like the fact that there are songs like "Bloody Mary" and "Judas" with beats that don't seem to fit the typical radio pop lyrics.

The style of music fits the same as her previous work though, doesn't it? She's had quite a few "club beat" songs in the past. But as someone said, you gave The Fame Monster, the EP that made people really take notice of her and pushed her into another level of hype, a 69%. You don't seem to like her music in general.

(I also love you and it pains me to disagree with you. xoxo)
03:45 PM on 05/23/11 
User Info.
ZeoVGM
PINK WIG, THICK ASS.
Bridgewater, MA
Male - 28 Years Old
Yeah, TFM is an EP.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music