Username
Password

10:19 AM on 01/01/11 
User Info.
stevenisfading
stronger
Texas
Male
Very excited to hear this. I'm really hoping it doesn't disappoint and isn't too far from TFM sound as I prefer it over The Fame.
11:02 AM on 01/02/11 
User Info.
stevenisfading
stronger
Texas
Male
So it looks like Fernando Garibay is possibly the executive or co-producer?
09:28 PM on 02/09/11 
User Info.
stevenisfading
stronger
Texas
Male
So apparently, you'll be able to hear the song at 1 AM/PST/3 AM CST/4 AM EST.
A couple of radio stations will be playing this at the top of every hour.
Well that's when it'll be available to radio. I'm very surprised not a second of this song has leaked.
I hope they're able to keep the album under lock and key.
07:44 AM on 02/10/11 
User Info.
stevenisfading
stronger
Texas
Male
So like three hours from now?
No, sorry. It'll be premiering at 4 AM PST/6 AM EST.

most radio markets only have one or two stations that play pop music. for something huge like this, unless you live in a top 10 market (NYC, LA, Boston, Chicago), you are probably out of luck.
Usually, that's the case. But I know that two of my local Hot AC stations are going to be playing it at the top of every hour on Friday and some the whole weekend.
It really depends on the program director.

It'll be on iTunes three hours after the premiere.
06:42 PM on 02/10/11 
User Info.
stevenisfading
stronger
Texas
Male
Why the hell didn't I know this?!?! I'm really upset right now. It's ruining my buzz now!
I'm sure her second single will be out in April so don't worry. :)
It's not all that bad.
01:14 AM on 02/11/11 
User Info.
stevenisfading
stronger
Texas
Male
LMAO. This song is so gay.
I have a feeling some people will have a problem with it but I love it. haha.
06:33 AM on 02/11/11 
User Info.
stevenisfading
stronger
Texas
Male
I'm seeing all these advertisements for pre-ordering Born This Way at Target, but when I click the link to get to the Target website nothing is there...
It is up now. Here is the link.

Here is the link to Born This Way on iTunes in the U.S.

Very excited to see her Grammy performance.
Also, the Target Pre-Order is the Deluxe Edition which features three bonus tracks and five remixes. Only $15. It's a steal.
08:16 AM on 02/11/11 
User Info.
stevenisfading
stronger
Texas
Male
Clearly they took a couple of words out of context from the Vogue interview with her.

The second single to be released is called “Judas” and is, typically, a mash-up: The melody sounds like it was written for the Ronettes, but it is set to a sledgehammering dance beat and is about falling in love with backstabbing men of the biblical variety.
08:25 AM on 02/11/11 
User Info.
stevenisfading
stronger
Texas
Male
it's quoting the Vogue interview...
I know. I read the Vogue interview but the way they said it made it seem like Judas was the song that sounds rock/Bruce Springsteen.
09:01 AM on 02/12/11 
User Info.
stevenisfading
stronger
Texas
Male
Why do you all think BTW is safe?
It doesn't sound safe at all.
Yes, the sound is nothing really new but it's different than what's on pop radio at the moment and the message is more blunt than every other feel-good song that has been released thus far.
The way the message is presented is a lot more subtle than I expected but I still think she took a big risk by releasing a song like this.
Does anyone think her homage to Madonna and other celebratory songs was purposely done?
11:55 AM on 02/12/11 
User Info.
stevenisfading
stronger
Texas
Male
That's why, holy shit.
If it's really the fact that the sound is nothing really new, it was to be expected.
She wasn't going to release something that completely put off the world.
It is a little safe for GaGa's standards but for other pop stars they wouldn't get away with it.

I fully expect the record to be different than BTW.
08:53 PM on 02/13/11 
User Info.
stevenisfading
stronger
Texas
Male
I think the only way to keep up the mystery was to do something completely toned down which is different for her.
Honestly, I didn't think the song needed anything huge.
The choreography was very interesting.
Overall very gender neutral which definitely reinforces BTW's message.
Her vocals were great.
03:45 PM on 02/15/11 
User Info.
stevenisfading
stronger
Texas
Male
GaGa confirmed that Judas is the second single and will be released sometime before the album (early May).
The music video was filmed by Nick Knight and will be released soon (1-2 weeks).

Also, there is an interview with Elvis Duran (popular radio DJ) where she says that there will be two to three songs released before the album.
I'm guessing it'll be what Katy/Taylor did on iTunes with their latest albums.
11:56 AM on 02/17/11 
User Info.
stevenisfading
stronger
Texas
Male
I think you're talking about the Leno interview? Besides the RIDICULOUS glasses for the first 4 minutes (whats the point?)? I dont know, she was actually somewhat normal in that interview. I'm talking about almost every interview I have ever seen with her. Just the way she talks, her tone, its so uppity and desperately trying to be important. Watch an interview with her, listen to her talk, then think of literally EVERYONE you know in real life, people dont talk like that, its an ACT. She doesn't talk like a normal human being, she acts like an actress, which is fine for her profession, but I think people need to stop acting like she is 100% genuine. That being said, she does great things for the gay community and such, which is great, but one has to wonder how much of that is for real and how much of that is targeting a certain audience (gay community) based off a character that she is playing for the masses. I, for one, think it is mostly (but not completely) the latter. Every interview I see with her, she desperately spews massive amounts of lines that she is obviously hoping become iconic catch phrases. She is trying way, way, too hard. It's not genuine. For someone who preaches she was 'born this way' and she is her own person and blah blah blah whatever, she sure loves to hide behind her ridiculous outfits/costumes that have absolutely NOTHING to do with her music, or really anything in general. Her 'costumes' are rather something to hide behind, but most of all stir up controversy, which is great business/marketing actually. Someone explain to me how dressing up in a meat dress has anything to do with ANYTHING. I'm sorry, I don't get it.
That's who Lady GaGa is. She is the person who is very passionate about her music, career, fashion, gay rights, equality for all, etc.
She is being genuine to her fans, as Lady GaGa.
There isn't anything wrong with intertwining part of who you are with a persona.
Because she does it so perfectly most think it's fake.
Her costumes/outfits usually have everything to do with her performance/persona.
The meat dress she said "has many interpretations." She also said, "If we don't stand up for what we believe in, if we don't fight for our rights, pretty soon we're gonna have as much rights as the meat on our bones" then finally concludes with "I am not a piece of meat."
04:58 PM on 02/17/11 
User Info.
stevenisfading
stronger
Texas
Male
That little girl lost all credibility when she decided to cut out "No matter gay, straight or bi, lesbian, transgendered life. I'm on the right track baby, I was born to survive."

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos