Username
Password

10:21 AM on 01/01/11 
User Info.
Lueda Alia
London, ON
Female - 27 Years Old
Staff Member
Very excited to hear this. I'm really hoping it doesn't disappoint and isn't too far from TFM sound as I prefer it over The Fame.
Same here.

Can't wait for this.
04:22 PM on 01/01/11 
User Info.
Lueda Alia
London, ON
Female - 27 Years Old
Staff Member
I liked The Fame more than The Fame Monster, but "Bad Romance" is a great song. Both albums sound more like collections of singles than cohesive projects, though. Hopefully this proves the overblown lovers right more so than the overblown haters.
Haha it's amazing how her haters are as passionate as her lovers seem to be. I don't really get it. I usually stay away from bands I absolutely hate, so it doesn't make much sense to me, yet I'm never surprised by it.
04:30 PM on 01/01/11 
User Info.
Lueda Alia
London, ON
Female - 27 Years Old
Staff Member
Probably because most artists that I don't like don't get so much coverage over all media outlets, if she isn't on the radio she is in the news. Just sick of hearing about her, wouldn't care if I heard little about her.
... and coming in a thread full of Gaga lovers fixes this problem? It seems a little counterproductive to me.
04:38 PM on 01/01/11 
User Info.
Lueda Alia
London, ON
Female - 27 Years Old
Staff Member
Didn't say I hated her just said I didn't like her, every chance she could redeem herself so why not try?
I was making a general comment that was directed at all haters who try to troll this thread; it was not only directed at you. I replied to your post because you're the one who quoted me.

I guess it's inevitable with an artist as adored as Lady Gaga. You get the same thing with Kanye West, Taylor Swift, Radiohead, AP.net hype bands, etc. When someone/something gets a ton of love, and someone doesn't agree with the hype, I suppose it's only natural for him/her to try and balance things out with exaggerated hatred.
It's no secret that I'm not a big fan of all the hype that Kanye's latest album has received from all blogs out there, but you don't see me trying to troll the thread about the album. I read it quite a lot to maybe try to understand what the hype is all about, so it's not like I avoid it altogether. That's probably because I think the part in bold is ridiculous, only because I know that it's true/you're right.
10:46 AM on 01/02/11 
User Info.
Lueda Alia
London, ON
Female - 27 Years Old
Staff Member
5 months...
08:54 AM on 01/03/11 
User Info.
Lueda Alia
London, ON
Female - 27 Years Old
Staff Member
I'm kind of sick of reading about her and seeing her everywhere and I wish she would stop trying to be so 'artsy' when she 'just' makes pop music. However, I love The Fame and I look forward to this album a lot.
I know what you're saying and I personally couldn't care less about her sense of fashion and such, but art can easily be a part of pop culture. In fact, I think it only enhances it, which is one of the reasons why Gaga stands out more than most other pop stars. I mean, would you honestly think the same thing about someone like Michael Jackson? He was clearly a character too, yet most people didn't seem to mind; instead, they only found him more fascinating for being so "weird" and dressing up the way he did. I'm not really sure why people apply such different standards to Gaga.

And before anyone jumps to point this out: no, I am not saying they are one and the same.
09:00 AM on 01/03/11 
User Info.
Lueda Alia
London, ON
Female - 27 Years Old
Staff Member
I watched the video for Bad Romance last night for the first time in forever. I had forgotten how epic it was, and it only made me realize that I'm not sure that even Gaga can top such a video. It's just great.
09:30 AM on 01/03/11 
User Info.
Lueda Alia
London, ON
Female - 27 Years Old
Staff Member
it's because Gaga takes her performances and fashion to the point of parody. I, personally, find it interesting, but I can see how others dislike it.
I never said I don't understand why people dislike it, though. What I'm saying is, what she does is no different than what many other icons before her have done. Yet, they're praised for being different/fascinating because it's what makes them stand out. My guess is that many of them were also hated during their prime as well.
10:27 AM on 01/03/11 
User Info.
Lueda Alia
London, ON
Female - 27 Years Old
Staff Member
What I'm saying though, is that she's more explicit than her predecessors. With the exception of Madonna, no one's really pushed sexuality like Gaga has. Sure, you could make the argument that every generation has people who push sexuality, but at this point there's almost no where left to go. For "shock" art in today's world, you have nudity or a defilement of some kind and not much else. No one's going to be scandalized by Elvis or Michael Jackson doing pelvic thrusts.
That's not necessarily true.

It's not just the fact that Gaga pushes sexuality that people have a problem with though, anyway.
09:36 PM on 01/06/11 
User Info.
Lueda Alia
London, ON
Female - 27 Years Old
Staff Member
I'm not sure if just one single would honestly represent the album well, especially when you think of The Fame Monster and how different the songs sounded.
09:43 PM on 01/06/11 
User Info.
Lueda Alia
London, ON
Female - 27 Years Old
Staff Member
I want it to be a mix of both because of how much I love Speechless. That song is just amazing.
01:32 PM on 01/07/11 
User Info.
Lueda Alia
London, ON
Female - 27 Years Old
Staff Member
I'm not even sure if I can say that "That is so wrong" because it's clearly just an opinion, but yeah, many great albums that are considered essential would not fit your description/standard, but they're still universally praised. I think that says something.

And I agree with ari (sorry, I don't know your name).

Edit: I'm not sure how you could say that the songs on The Fame don't "work together," anyway. The entire album is about... fame.
02:27 PM on 01/07/11 
User Info.
Lueda Alia
London, ON
Female - 27 Years Old
Staff Member
I really do think that every single song on The Fame Monster could have been a huge hit, especially Monster. That song was meant to be a hit. I'm surprised she never chose it as a single.

And nice to meet you!
02:18 PM on 01/08/11 
User Info.
Lueda Alia
London, ON
Female - 27 Years Old
Staff Member
I love the shit out of dance in the dark and I actually just got a tattoo on Thursday that says 'find your freedom in the music'. I didn't get it because I love gaga and that song so much but that line in general I love so much.
I feel the same way about the line "Raise a glass to mend all the broken hearts of all my wrecked up friends" from Speechless.
02:24 PM on 01/08/11 
User Info.
Lueda Alia
London, ON
Female - 27 Years Old
Staff Member
Songs like Speechless and Dance In The Dark make me wonder how anyone can claim that there are no meanings to her songs and that they're just some other shitty pop songs. Can't really say I'm surprised, though. Haters tend to lack logic sometimes.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos