Username
Password

05:20 PM on 05/18/11 
User Info.
ari telescope
kitties
Southern California
Female - 26 Years Old
Well this was predictable. She should get her normal hair back and make a really good musical record. She has the talent.

What's her "normal hair" and how does your hairstyle affect your musical output exactly?

I like this album for what it is. And yeah, this could have something to do with my embarrassing affinity for bad 90's club pop. But overall, it's just not living up to The Fame Monster for me. The hooks aren't as big and there's not enough diversity, it's hard to tell one song from another.
Dead on for me. I still enjoy all the songs because it's been too long since anything else of hers and I'm also a early 90's pop fan so i'm glad to finally have ANYTHING. I wouldn't call it album of the decade or anything, but I still enjoy it.

I wonder if the lack of "hooky" type songs like TFM was intentional?
05:21 PM on 05/18/11 
User Info.
Simulcast
You can't kill us all
Male - 28 Years Old
What's her "normal hair" and how does your hairstyle affect your musical output exactly?

Less focus on image, and more on the music. That's all I meant. It seems to be the general feeling here that the music is lacking this time around.
05:25 PM on 05/18/11 
User Info.
ari telescope
kitties
Southern California
Female - 26 Years Old
Less focus on image, and more on the music. That's all I meant. It seems to be the general feeling here that the music is lacking this time around.

I think it's just different, but I don't think it's necessarily bad. It just sounds like a different angle than probably what we expected to follow TFM. I thought the whole thing would be the really industrial euro-rave stuff so really this is more about pop music instruments and beats and cute voice and staying more organic than trippy rave shit (overall).

If you mean she should sit down at the piano and make a piano and voice record, well I think we can all agree she needs to do that at some point. Hopefully she will. But I think as a 90's pop record goes, she did just what she wanted here.
05:27 PM on 05/18/11 
User Info.
eriatarka24
=^.^=
I like this album for what it is. And yeah, this could have something to do with my embarrassing affinity for bad 90's club pop. But overall, it's just not living up to The Fame Monster for me. The hooks aren't as big and there's not enough diversity, it's hard to tell one song from another. There seems to be a lot of filler, I feel like half the tracks could have been cut.

That being said, there are definitely some good tracks on here that are reminiscent of TFM. Schieße NEEDS to be a single (but I said this over and over again about Monster and it never was). Yoü & I is catchy as fuck and reminds me of Speechless. Hair and Marry The Night are fun, but still don't live up to the singles from TF or TFM.

I don't know, I'm enjoying it for now... but I'm questioning its staying power.
ahhh i share your love for "Monster"
i just downloaded BTW (deluxe)...just started listening....
05:28 PM on 05/18/11 
User Info.
eriatarka24
=^.^=
What's her "normal hair"

i think that's what he meant
05:49 PM on 05/18/11 
User Info.
cirerelleum
Registered Member
Male - 23 Years Old

i think that's what he meant

If we're making Gaga hair analogies, I think it'd be cool if she got rid of that wig she's wearing there, whatever's on her head now, and just had natural hair and made more just piano music.
06:02 PM on 05/18/11 
User Info.
Simulcast
You can't kill us all
Male - 28 Years Old
I think it's just different, but I don't think it's necessarily bad. It just sounds like a different angle than probably what we expected to follow TFM. I thought the whole thing would be the really industrial euro-rave stuff so really this is more about pop music instruments and beats and cute voice and staying more organic than trippy rave shit (overall).

If you mean she should sit down at the piano and make a piano and voice record, well I think we can all agree she needs to do that at some point. Hopefully she will. But I think as a 90's pop record goes, she did just what she wanted here.

If we're making Gaga hair analogies, I think it'd be cool if she got rid of that wig she's wearing there, whatever's on her head now, and just had natural hair and made more just piano music.

Yes.
06:18 PM on 05/18/11 
User Info.
boxingwithstars
I want love for us all
Orlando, FL
Female - 25 Years Old
I wonder if the lack of "hooky" type songs like TFM was intentional?

I don't know if it was intentional, but I think she definitely had a vision for this record and she fulfilled it. We all know she's more than capable of writing amazing pop songs, but it seems like this time she focused more on creating the sound/image she was going for and less on the actual song writing process.

I can still listen to even the most overplayed singles from TF/TFM and not get sick of them. I'm already sick of Judas. I really wish this was a timeless pop record, but it's not.

But whatever, it's fun for now!
06:19 PM on 05/18/11 
User Info.
beyondthecover
Your voice is swallowing my soul
Chicago
Female
Can someone send me a link so I can get her new album? I'm having a ton of trouble finding a legit source
06:26 PM on 05/18/11 
User Info.
beyondthecover
Your voice is swallowing my soul
Chicago
Female
I want this so bad.
06:26 PM on 05/18/11 
User Info.
eriatarka24
=^.^=
did not enjoy.
removed from iTunes.

much, much prefer TF/TFM
07:16 PM on 05/18/11 
User Info.
chrislauren
tiny dots on an endless timeline.
Long Island, NY
Female - 23 Years Old
Thank you! It looks better in person because when I took the picture, all the lights were off because the lights would have made a big glare in the picture.
Even still it looks really good. I want one now haha.
07:30 PM on 05/18/11 
User Info.
Dystroxia
We found love in a hopeless place
Even still it looks really good. I want one now haha.

The picture originally wasn't for me (I believe it was used in a competition), but after messing up twice on a different picture, she gave me this one
09:25 PM on 05/18/11 
User Info.
mena
This whole box is Pepe Silvia!
No Avatar Selected
Boston, MA
Female - 19 Years Old
I'll check it out, but I'm not expecting much since I haven't been hearing anything good about this album. TFM was a jam though. It had so many catchy and great pop songs.
09:36 PM on 05/18/11 
User Info.
Broden Terry
I'm glad I built myself an igloo
Wesley. Melbourne
Male - 23 Years Old
Just about to listen after I've finished Loud Planes Fly Low. Hoping that it won't let me down!

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS
Mobile Version
Banners, Flyers, Widgets