AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Vagrant Records News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Vagrant Records Internships

Posted by - 04:31 AM on 01/04/11
Vagrant Records is looking for interns in the LA area. Check the replies for more information.

Displaying posts 1 - 12 of 12
04:31 AM on 01/04/11
Joe DeAndrea
Radiosurgery
User Info.
Vagrant Records is looking for a couple of interns to help in the LA office. Candidates should be based in LA, have reliable transportation and be available from 11-6pm at least 2 days a week. Click HERE to download an application and please email Jamie at Vagrant with any questions or to turn in your application.

Feeling tech savvy? Vagrant is also looking for graphic design interns to work specifically in the New Media department. Get all the info for the position HERE, and please email Vic at Vagrant with your resume.
07:33 AM on 01/04/11
TSTLSOOM
Hayley > Hayley
User Info.
i remember i wanted to do this but i found out it would take about 2 hours to get there in traffic. damn you LA traffic!
08:46 AM on 01/04/11
MikeZanger
Level 12 Elf Druid
User Info.
This is a sweet deal for sure. The LA traffic though... killer.
02:23 PM on 01/04/11
andrewmgalvan
andrewmgalvan
User Info.
fuck the traffic. just do it.
03:18 PM on 01/04/11
ari telescope
kitties
User Info.
I'd do it if I had a car. I hate everything.
04:00 PM on 01/04/11
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
I'd do it if I lived in LA. This is a great opportunity, if you have a car and are someplace nearby then definitely take advantage!
08:14 PM on 01/04/11
drummer_girl
so let's cause a scene
User Info.
interned here a couple of years ago. despite the 2.5 hours it took to get to and from, it was definitely worth it.
09:24 PM on 01/04/11
ari telescope
kitties
User Info.
interned here a couple of years ago. despite the 2.5 hours it took to get to and from, it was definitely worth it.

How was it worth it in the end? I'm interested to know what opportunities are available after. I'd love to work for them (or something similar) permanentely after.

Oh also I'm an hour away, but I guess it's not "technically" the Los Angeles area so I'm assuming if they let you do it from outside they'd let me do it?
02:54 PM on 01/05/11
drummer_girl
so let's cause a scene
User Info.
How was it worth it in the end? I'm interested to know what opportunities are available after. I'd love to work for them (or something similar) permanentely after.

Oh also I'm an hour away, but I guess it's not "technically" the Los Angeles area so I'm assuming if they let you do it from outside they'd let me do it?

I remember Jake telling me that he interned there for 3 summers before they offered him a job there and Holly as well, so there's that. There are a lot of connections available if you choose to make them, like being introduced to whatever band's TM, phoning places on behalf of the label, etc. Knowing how to do soundscans and updating a tour master came in handy when I was applying to other places.

Yeah, I was about 2 hours away, so they'd definitely let you do it. Just assure them that you have reliable transportation for the days you decide to intern. It might suck quite a bit when it comes to gas though, on top of driving to get there, you most definitely will be driving all about LA.
03:40 PM on 01/06/11
Thrice_fan
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I currently inten here and it's fantastic.It's an amazing opportunity and I'm upset that I have to leave because of school.But I like about half an hour outside of L.A. and depending on the time you leave and where you live depends on the traffic.It usually doesn't take me more than an hour if traffic is really heavy.
But the expierence is great and everyone here is very friendly and welcoming.It's great over here and you'll learn a ton in a short amount of time.
05:59 PM on 05/09/11
grrrrr
User Info.
Applied. Thanks AP for the heads up. Really, really hope I get this

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News