Username
Password
General Announcement News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
General Announcement
Inside AP.net

BBC Sound Of 2011 Shortlist

Posted by: Kyle Huntington (01/05/11)
The BBC Sound of 2011 list which was mentioned a couple of weeks ago, has now started to count down the Top 5 Artists, discussing one of the five each day in more depth. Head here to see how that shortlist is now forming and also read interviews and watch videos of the acts.

Displaying posts 1 - 13 of 13.
05:19 AM on 01/05/11
MorningStar10
the other Kyle.
User Info.
Mona 2 and Jessie J 1 I reckon,

Loved everything I have heard from Mona, cannot wait for a full-length.
05:21 AM on 01/05/11
Kyle Huntington
GIVEN TO THE WILD
User Info.
I reckon James Blake or Daley at 2 and Jessie J at Number 1.

edit: Not that I agree with that at all, but I can imagine the BBC going for that kinda thing. Either way I think it's almost certain Jessie J will be number 1, she's already won the BRIT Award for Critic's Choice.
06:41 AM on 01/05/11
Metal Now
Talking about the second and third
User Info.
No Sharks no care.
06:45 AM on 01/05/11
amii_G
H vs H
User Info.
Have you seen the Youtube thing as well, Kyle? They've got a playlist of all 14 artists: http://www.youtube.com/view_play_lis...D8907268307629

I'm personally loving Daley, James Blake, Jamie Woon, Jessi J, Nero and The Vaccines. Don't particularly care who wins although I know it'll help whoever gets the 1st spot's career massively.
07:24 AM on 01/05/11
Chrisj182
User Info.
James Blake and Jessie J.
07:29 AM on 01/05/11
reid
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
no dry the river? you'd think that with the mainstream/international success of mumford & sons and bon iver that you'd see those guys popping up on a list from the BBC.
08:06 AM on 01/05/11
JordanBuell
and sail belly up to the clouds
User Info.
The naked and famous are awesome. Everyone should check them out.
08:15 AM on 01/05/11
MorningStar10
the other Kyle.
User Info.

Sharks have been going for a while, not really a new artist, mind you that said Mona have been together since 2006, so i take that back!

Seen Sharks a couple of times support Gallows and Gaslight, they do a good Clash imitation.
08:25 AM on 01/05/11
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
User Info.
Going to listen to all the ones I don't know. Naked & Famous are the shit, into James Blake, Daley, and The Vaccines as well
08:50 AM on 01/05/11
Shinobi1791
HAPPY HOLIDAYS, YOU BASTARDS!
User Info.
Nero have been going for years too. Their sound has gone more mainstream over the last couple of years though, not that that's a bad thing. It's not about how long they've been around though, it's about who's going to breakthrough. Sharks are great, big shame they ain't on it, not that this list will dictate all music for the next year, it does provide a stepping stone though. Loving The Vaccines and Wretch 32. Not heard any of the others yet, don't think I have anyway.
10:04 PM on 01/05/11
AdamChildress
Wondrous Oblivion.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The fact that Nero, James Blake & Warpaint are all on one list(regardless of where they win or not) make me happy enough.

Good music is becoming popular. No matter what anyone says, if it continues to go this way....I would be more happy to listen to popular music =)
01:11 AM on 01/06/11
Metal Now
Talking about the second and third
User Info.
Sharks have been going for a while, not really a new artist, mind you that said Mona have been together since 2006, so i take that back!

Seen Sharks a couple of times support Gallows and Gaslight, they do a good Clash imitation.

Yeah was gonna say, they're not any older than Mona I don't think, and they're gonna get big this year. I think they're a little more than a Clash imitation, have you heard their version of Brassneck by The Wedding Present? Sublime.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS