AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Video News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Runner Runner Acoustic

Posted by - 11:23 AM on 01/05/11
Watch Runner Runner perform "Hey Alli" acoustically in the replies. Pre-order the band's self-titled debut album - due out February 15th - and receive a free acoustic EP.

Displaying posts 1 - 14 of 14
11:23 AM on 01/05/11
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
11:29 AM on 01/05/11
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
User Info.
the album leaked in August, was supposed to be released in September... pushed back multiple times. Something tells me the band/singles are not doing well
11:29 AM on 01/05/11
Jason Tate
User Info.
This album still isn't in stores? Yikes.
11:39 AM on 01/05/11
FrogUncleBaby
User Info.
lol at the prechorus thing sounding identical to my heart beats for u or whatever the hell the other song they had was.
11:41 AM on 01/05/11
Mattylikesfilms
If You Dig Up The Dead...
User Info.
the album leaked in August, was supposed to be released in September... pushed back multiple times. Something tells me the band/singles are not doing well

This album still isn't in
stores? Yikes.

Major labels be fucking up man..

This isn't anything new.
11:43 AM on 01/05/11
Jason Tate
User Info.

This isn't anything new.
Not sure if I was a major label I'd want to put something that leaked in August of last year out either. I'd be afraid it wouldn't sell any copies.
11:48 AM on 01/05/11
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
User Info.

This isn't anything new.
Not sure if it is entirely fair to call this a major label release. This is the first band signed to David Letterman/Worldwide Pants "Clear Entertainment/C.E. Music" label, and while it's being released as a partnership with Capitol, I doubt they have a huge share in the promotion aspect
12:16 PM on 01/05/11
RyanMLTM
@RyanElke
User Info.
Not sure if I was a major label I'd want to put something that leaked in August of last year out either. I'd be afraid it wouldn't sell any copies.
I think they just dropped the ball with these guys... They had XM radio play (not sure how it was received though). I think with enough promotion and marketing from their label the album could have been successful.
12:58 PM on 01/05/11
firewater
the ransom
User Info.
So Obvious barely made a dent really in radio play, and they are sending this song for adds soon as well. I can't see this band going anywhere, and it's sad. I feel that if their second single bombs then the bad won't get much promotion next time around and just face a similar situation that Over It did.(ironically they are signed to Capitol/Virgin, and they were on Virgin when they were with Over It)
12:59 PM on 01/05/11
Fox83
User Info.
I wish Peter would do more than backup vocals. His voice is much more unique. I swear every time there's a Runner Runner update all I do is talk about how much I miss Over It.

01:54 PM on 01/05/11
Jason Tate
User Info.
So Obvious barely made a dent really in radio play, and they are sending this song for adds soon as well. I can't see this band going anywhere, and it's sad. I feel that if their second single bombs then the bad won't get much promotion next time around and just face a similar situation that Over It did.(ironically they are signed to Capitol/Virgin, and they were on Virgin when they were with Over It)

Not sure how this will do any better.
05:44 PM on 01/05/11
JJW319
last.fm/user/JJW319
User Info.
over it

that is all.

EDIT: Nice link above!

And yeah, Pete's voice is the best. seriously
07:48 PM on 01/05/11
Bodyjar Rocks
User Info.
My two cents on this is that even after leaking, they can't possibly do worse than the OI/Virgin endeavor. It seems like across the board they are getting better opportunities with Runner Runner (now music comp, television appearances, satellite radio play, radio festival gigs, better video). I am happy for them.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos