Displaying posts 45 - 60 of 74.
01:16 PM on 01/07/11
Chuck!
In Chip We Trust
User Info.
01:18 PM on 01/07/11
xjdizzle
User Info.
No complaints about the lack of an Illinois date on this tour.

I'm glad this aids infected tour isnt coming to Illinois , referring to Asking Alexandria. Too bad the better bands arent headlining .
01:19 PM on 01/07/11
Arian Foster
User Info.
Back in 2007 no one would of thought that Chiodos would reach this low
01:35 PM on 01/07/11
brandon_260
Ah, yes.
User Info.

Atleast I'm not the only one confused
01:41 PM on 01/07/11
DylanPPPP
Don't ya like clowns?!
User Info.
Atleast I'm not the only one confused
The lyrics are a "witty" Brand New rip-off?
That guy's got some issues.
I love YMAS, but "who's keeping score on who is a whore?"....that sounds nothing like Brand New and is no where near "witty."
01:45 PM on 01/07/11
DylanPPPP
Don't ya like clowns?!
User Info.
Well their new albums coming out soon, and the damn tours named after it, so thats why
I'm sure they had the lineup before they thought of the tour name. And the point of that guy's post was saying that AA A) Is not talented enough to be as big as they are and/or B) They're not talented enough to be above Chiodos' name on a tour poster.

So the moral of my story...what does the tour name have to do with someone disliking their headlining status?
01:48 PM on 01/07/11
UnderclasHero
So long live us
User Info.
I'm sure they had the lineup before they thought of the tour name. And the point of that guy's post was saying that AA A) Is not talented enough to be as big as they are and/or B) They're not talented enough to be above Chiodos' name on a tour poster.

So the moral of my story...what does the tour name have to do with someone disliking their headlining status?
Yea I get that, and Im sure they thought of the new album and said we should let them headline because of that. And I still think neither one is better than the other. They're both good.
01:53 PM on 01/07/11
DylanPPPP
Don't ya like clowns?!
User Info.
Yea I get that, and Im sure they thought of the new album and said we should let them headline because of that. And I still think neither one is better than the other. They're both good.
I feel like the AA guys got together and said "What should we call our next headlining tour?" and then named it after the album, and then found the support bands. I doubt whoever is running this tour had the lineup all figured out and said "Okay, which band should be headlining? Well, Asking Alexandria has a new album coming out!" I could be wrong, but I don't see it working like that.
02:00 PM on 01/07/11
UnderclasHero
So long live us
User Info.
I feel like the AA guys got together and said "What should we call our next headlining tour?" and then named it after the album, and then found the support bands. I doubt whoever is running this tour had the lineup all figured out and said "Okay, which band should be headlining? Well, Asking Alexandria has a new album coming out!" I could be wrong, but I don't see it working like that.
Well most bands now that I hear talk about their tours (the ones that headline of course) usually say they get to pick the bands on the tour.
02:14 PM on 01/07/11
rob_mylo
@itstherobster
User Info.
so much shit talking on chiodos..

you do realize they pretty much had to start from scratch once owens left. I actually like how they have yet to throw in the towel
03:12 PM on 01/07/11
theintention
It's like Meow-Schwitz in here.
User Info.
Fucking cracks me up Guitar World is a co-sponsor for a tour Asking Alexandria is headlining. Seriously, what the fuck.
03:25 PM on 01/07/11
sonicfury
User Info.
So a band that relies purely on their lead singers haircut and sounds ripped off from US bands such as New Found Glory meets Set Your Goals meets "witty" Brand New rip-off lyrics aren't shit?

They are the embodiment of Kerrang-pushed horseshit with all the substance of a fucking vacuum. The only reason anyone likes them is because they are British, wear Glamour Kills (albeit it not as well as those dashing ATL boys) and apparently any boy with a nice English accent and pretty hair ticks all the right boxes in both the US and with girls who go to Pulp stores in the UK (a shit version of Hot Topic, you see what I'm getting at here?)

But if YMA6 aren't shit, then bands like Reuben, Rolo Tomassi, Tubelord, Johnny Foreigner must be out of this fucking world.

I pretty much agree with everything you're saying however I disagree that ymas are shit, I think that they're actually good at what they do. There is a lot of bands trying to play on the sound of american pop punk bands floating about the UK right now and yet none of them are getting big like ymas. I think you underestimate them slightly, that's not to say I'm their number one fan but I can appreciate that they know who to write a single just like atl can. Comparing them to Rolo Tomassi, another band who after seeing live I definitely appreciate but don't love, is a bit pointless.
03:38 PM on 01/07/11
holybatmon
Unregistered User
User Info.
I pretty much agree with everything you're saying however I disagree that ymas are shit, I think that they're actually good at what they do. There is a lot of bands trying to play on the sound of american pop punk bands floating about the UK right now and yet none of them are getting big like ymas. I think you underestimate them slightly, that's not to say I'm their number one fan but I can appreciate that they know who to write a single just like atl can. Comparing them to Rolo Tomassi, another band who after seeing live I definitely appreciate but don't love, is a bit pointless.
Well I certainly agree that they have opened up the floodgates for a British wave of Pop Punk, what with bands like Save Your Breath, Strangle Kojak etc. getting bigger, but that isn't a good thing. In fact, seeing those guys get big whilst other DECENT pop punk bands like Kyoto Drive aren't, simply because they don't have such a "marketable" image is kinda shitty. Don't get me wrong- they are talented musicians (well, Josh) but the fact that they insist on capitalizing on the whole cutesy emo-boy-next-door shtick despite being over 20 years of ages just makes me fucking rage haha.
03:40 PM on 01/07/11
.dot
behance.net/jordanhaenlein
User Info.
Wish Chiodos found better bands to tour with. I've never seen them outside of warped because I always hate the bands they play with.
Chiodos has been on some pretty good tours in the past. They have co-headlined with MXPX, Silverstein, and Protest The Hero before.
04:33 PM on 01/07/11
sonicfury
User Info.
Well I certainly agree that they have opened up the floodgates for a British wave of Pop Punk, what with bands like Save Your Breath, Strangle Kojak etc. getting bigger, but that isn't a good thing. In fact, seeing those guys get big whilst other DECENT pop punk bands like Kyoto Drive aren't, simply because they don't have such a "marketable" image is kinda shitty. Don't get me wrong- they are talented musicians (well, Josh) but the fact that they insist on capitalizing on the whole cutesy emo-boy-next-door shtick despite being over 20 years of ages just makes me fucking rage haha.

Ha, no I'm with you, Kerrang is big a part of that. Their marketing is definitely very cynical, on a level with your average boy band which in a way is a shame because it kind of overdshadows what they have going for them. I'll make sure and check out the bands you mention though, it'd be nice to hear some really good english pop punk!
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests